PDA

View Full Version : Overcomplicated Suit Saver

xXziroXx
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
I decided I wanted to make a Suit Saver for Zodiac, and later on release the script. The end result turned out to be far more complicated of a script that I had planned, but it works really good.

Removes suits not saved/loaded after 31 days.
Allows saving, editing, loading and deleting of suits.
Up to 10 suits can be saved at once!
You are able to name the suit you save.

The system exists out of two NPCs; one wNPC, and one DBNPC.
The DBNPC has only two purposes - to store all strings, and, remove all unused suits after 31 days using timevar2 checks.

Feedback is appriciated, along with good and bad reputation. I'd rather recieve a bad rep saying that the script sucks, rather then no rep at all. Thank you!

Want to test it in-game?

Logon Zodiac, press E to bring up your Skills menu. Select "Suit Saver", then press D and it should open.

smirt362
10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
It sucks...hardcore.
Coolies, I tried it out and it works pretty well. Don't know what else you could do to improve it unless you combined a tailor and a suit saver in one.

Inverness
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Its usually safer to use text files over a database NPC :p

xXziroXx
10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Its usually safer to use text files over a database NPC :p

It's not really a NPC that require a lot of security, and I needed that DB for checking for old suits anyways. :)

zokemon
10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Actually, in this situation, a DB npc using txt file backup is the most ideal.

napo_p2p
10-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Me like.

I, too, prefer text files, but a DB-NPC works just as well in this case. Good job :).

DustyPorViva
10-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Hmm, why use a DB over a text file?
I was thinking about it, and if you saved these things to a txt clientside, it would allow them to have basically infinite amount of saves, plus if they ever feel like changing them offline they can easily open up the txt and do so.
Well, now that I think about it, it makes it a global thing so they can have their suits saved no matter what computer they're on.

coreys
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
He didn't use text files because he doesn't really have any need to...it's not something that people would freak out over if somehow abused.

napo_p2p
10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm, why use a DB over a text file?
I was thinking about it, and if you saved these things to a txt clientside, it would allow them to have basically infinite amount of saves, plus if they ever feel like changing them offline they can easily open up the txt and do so.
Well, now that I think about it, it makes it a global thing so they can have their suits saved no matter what computer they're on.

Bingo. But perhaps a "download outfits" option could be a good addition (where outfits go to some text file clientside).

xXziroXx
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Bingo. But perhaps a "download outfits" option could be a good addition (where outfits go to some text file clientside).

Hmmm. I'll fiddle around with it, when I get the time. :)

zokemon
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually, in this situation, a DB npc using txt file backup is the most ideal.

Really, this is the most ideal in the situation. A DB npc alone could be accidentally reset while a plain text file has no script attached to it.

Bell
10-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Its a nice, simple outfit saver although I don't care for the deletion portion after 31 days. I've saved suits for sentimental reasons even if I don't always use them. I like the fact you can name them though. Its simpler than remembering suit#'s