PDA

View Full Version : Buddy List Related

TSAdmin
09-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Okay, so I've found myself in a bit of a pickle by way of buddy lists. I started noticing a while back that people were just adding me to their buddy list so they knew where I was, just so they could come and bug me about wanting items, money, staff jobs, etc, etc, so I decided to disable "Show me on other's Buddy List", however, my real friends can now no longer see me.

My suggestion is maybe we could make it so that the current way of buddying someone remains the same, however, you have another option in the options menu to "Only show me if both parties are buddied" or however you may wish to word it.

A secondary option is the same thing, but by selecting this option in specific people's profile (Much like Mute) called "Allow user to see me cross server", but that one might require further unnecessary tinkering with the system itself.

Admins
09-27-2007, 01:53 AM
Hmmm it could eventually be the default, that your buddies also see you on their buddy list even if you have disabled the "show yourself on other buddy lists"

Personal Jesus
09-27-2007, 01:55 AM
is it that big of a deal?

kia345
09-27-2007, 02:18 AM
You're an Admin of a server, wouldn't it be important that people have a chance to contact you?

Rufus
09-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm not admin of any server, but I agree with this suggestion.

kia345
09-27-2007, 03:12 AM
I was just saying it because it seemed a little unsettling to me that an Admin would want to hide the fact he's online when he could be needed; but it is nice idea, even if it's a small one

Switch
09-27-2007, 04:29 AM
It disables from appearing on "Buddies" but you are appearing in "General" category

Twinny
09-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Hmmm it could eventually be the default, that your buddies also see you on their buddy list even if you have disabled the "show yourself on other buddy lists"

I hope there will be a "show all", "show buddies", "hide all" option cause sometimes I don't want anyone on my list to find me :p

For the most part, people can just open up all classic/hosted servers in the playerlist which, in most cases, will find you and add you to their buddylist regardless of what you set.

Crow
09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
You could add something similar to "Do not show me on the buddy list of this player." if you rightclick someone in the playerlist.

Admins
09-28-2007, 11:35 PM
That would make it too complex. The main problem is that if you have enabled the "show me on other buddy lists" option then a few hundreds of people see you on your buddy list once you login (happens to me when I test new Graal versions), which can be annoying.