PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Graal "Addons"

Crow
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
My idea...well, wait, before I finish that sentence, not really my idea, because this was and still is used by many other games/programs.
So, the idea would be to be able to write some basic, visual-only gscript into a text file, and using that, display things on your Graal screen. Interface modifications might be the right word here. There should also be options to change already existing standard stuff (like for example the pm bubbles :rolleyes:). That would be a nice addition. Well, not if you would only do what I suggested, but if you would also add some basic variables, like, time, and other things.

blazeingonix
09-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Ye, good

Crow
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
At a second thought I dont really like it, because theres not much to change. But I think it would be a nice addition anyways, and you could improve your gs2 skills when it comes to visual stuff without having a job on a playerworld.

Demisis_P2P
08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
My idea...well, wait, before I finish that sentence, not really my idea, because this was and still is used by many other games/programs.
So, the idea would be to be able to write some basic, visual-only gscript into a text file, and using that, display things on your Graal screen. Interface modifications might be the right word here. There should also be options to change already existing standard stuff (like for example the pm bubbles :rolleyes:). That would be a nice addition. Well, not if you would only do what I suggested, but if you would also add some basic variables, like, time, and other things.

You can already change the PM bubble a bit by editing state.png.

But your idea would still be nice for other things ;)

Crow
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
You can already change the PM bubble a bit by editing state.png.

But your idea would still be nice for other things ;)

I know and done. Btw, old thread, revived thanks to, well, at least Door's account. But, you could maybe change around the way those pm bubbles are displayed. Like, fade them in and out, instead of the typical 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0 way.

Codein
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Good idea :)

Loriel
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
If you are running the server, you could just display a bunch of ganis for all the GUI things, and then players could change the ganis themselves :|

Inverness
08-27-2008, 12:31 AM
It wouldn't be hard to make a script that can parse text files on your computer and create GUI Controls from them.

Mark Sir Link
08-27-2008, 04:25 AM
I don't get it

Why does everything that is going to be done for the benefit of the game have to be added to servers? Why can't anything ever be added to the client?

Loriel
08-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Because then all servers have to deal with whether they want it or not.
Also because Stefan doing everything is going to take longer than players doing lots of stuff and Stefan doing the important stuff that everybody profits from.

09-01-2008, 01:05 AM
you cant edit the stuff inside ganis anymore
[inside the SCRIPT/SCRIPTEND anyway]

Demisis_P2P
09-01-2008, 07:29 AM
you cant edit the stuff inside ganis anymore
[inside the SCRIPT/SCRIPTEND anyway]

I know :(