PDA

View Full Version : "Must Be Gold Account To Use RC"

bscharff
09-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I Can Log On To My Server's RC But Not Other Playerworld Servers (I Know I'm Staff On Them)
I Had Lifetime Classic and My Zone/GK Subscriptions Ran out.
On Login It Says "Developer Gold Subscription (69 Days Left), Classic Subscription"

According To This Post (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75334):

If you had lifetime classic then you have now lifetime playerworld.

I Should Still Have lifetime playerworld...

*EDIT/UPDATE: Client-RC Works but Not Normal RC
*EDIT.2/UPDATE: Can't Get into Client-RC Anymore

Horrified
09-15-2007, 03:36 AM
And no, I think they said it was only lifetime classic, meaning no access to anything other then classic worlds...it's not a feature anymore, so there's no reason they should change it; they only promised lifetime CLASSIC

Twinny
09-15-2007, 03:40 AM
I have the same problem but it isn't actually a problem. We have lifetime classic subscription: not lifetime playerworlds gold. Lifetime classic never covered UC worlds before/after the pricing changes.

bscharff
09-15-2007, 04:15 AM
Key Phrase In First Post "lifetime playerworld"
More Specifically, "playerworld"
When the upgrade to v5 Occurred "Playerworlds" was redefined as Classic Servers, Hosted Servers, and Hidden Servers.

bscharff
09-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Since I'm Not Getting A Response From A Global, I'll Just Re-Buy Gold.
:P
Thanks Twinny!

*EDIT/UPDATE: I'm Not Going To Re-Buy Gold Since I Should Have Lifetime playerworld

Googi
09-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Isn't Developer Gold a Gold account?

Twinny
09-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Isn't Developer Gold a Gold account?

It gives you full access on your developer world but nowhere else. Considering that all subscriptions have the word 'gold' in them now...

bscharff
09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Now I can't access Client-RC.
Stefan, you're really going to piss everyone off by doing this.
Unixmad said that lifetime classic would turn to lifetime playerworld!
Stefan, hold up your end of the deal with everyone, v5 is pissing lots of players off.

Crow
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Now I can't access Client-RC.
Stefan, you're really going to piss everyone off by doing this.
Unixmad said that lifetime classic would turn to lifetime playerworld!
Stefan, hold up your end of the deal with everyone, v5 is pissing lots of players off.

Everyone knows that unximad's english isnt that good. The subscription also still says "Lifetime Classic". It's supposed to give you access to the playerworlds in the "normal" list. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chompy
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, because giving people lifetime playerworlds would ruin graal of all the money they would get in..

Classic lifetime: Allowed to play and acces servers on classic servers.
Developer Gold: Your account will act as a gold account on your developer server.
Playerworld Subscription: Allows you to play and access rc on playerworlds
Kingdoms and Zone subscription: Allows you to play Zone and GK

etc..

Googi
09-16-2007, 01:36 AM
It gives you full access on your developer world but nowhere else. Considering that all subscriptions have the word 'gold' in them now...

So they should change the error message?

BFalcon_2
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
It's understandable that RC is restricted to only people that pay, not just from the monetary aspect but also to reduce headaches from people who would get on RC and cause trouble for a server or the PWAs.

I run a dev server where I wish I could bring a few friends that I know very well into dev work, who don't have gold.

We also have people who do have gold, and show up on RC, but aren't serious about the project in the long run and leave.

My suggestion for improving Graal is to make one of the features of having Developer Gold is to be able to grant access for up to three people who don't have Gold, to be able to use RC on their playerworld. At least then you can keep places going and produce content and keep money comming into Graal where it would be harder otherwise. Since Dev Gold only works for the dev server you register anyways...

scriptless
01-30-2013, 09:21 PM
It's understandable that RC is restricted to only people that pay, not just from the monetary aspect but also to reduce headaches from people who would get on RC and cause trouble for a server or the PWAs.

I run a dev server where I wish I could bring a few friends that I know very well into dev work, who don't have gold.

We also have people who do have gold, and show up on RC, but aren't serious about the project in the long run and leave.

My suggestion for improving Graal is to make one of the features of having Developer Gold is to be able to grant access for up to three people who don't have Gold, to be able to use RC on their playerworld. At least then you can keep places going and produce content and keep money comming into Graal where it would be harder otherwise. Since Dev Gold only works for the dev server you register anyways...

You just bumped a 6 year old thread!! -_-

Levels Staff don't need rc to accomplish levels, neither do Graphics Artists, and being UC you don't need Events or GP staff.. The only thing that a RC will help out with is scripting, which a majority of worthy scripters are already Gold, or can easily get gold. If your developers have any lifetime accounts, they might be able to get access on testbed where they can work on scripts that you could potentially use.

papajchris
01-30-2013, 09:22 PM

What the hell is wrong with you yahoos and your bumping problems.

BFalcon_2
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
Would you prefer I make a new thread for the same topic? Options are on the table.

scriptless
01-31-2013, 02:38 AM
Would you prefer I make a new thread for the same topic? Options are on the table.

It's generally more acceptable then bumping an old thread, not sure why tho.

Rave_J
01-31-2013, 03:00 AM
i think they should do this honestly
75 bucks a year for a dev server
have a option when u purchase saying u can add slots to invite your buddy's to work on the project
3 slots -10 dollars
5-slots 17 dollars
8-slots 25 dollars
these slots will make it where theese people dont have to buy gold
and make them where u can change them out once a month or whatever with a command from owner account
so that way everybody is happy and unximad still get his money

Phorcys
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Personaly i'd like this idea to be added but i'm pretty sure it won't ;(