PDA

View Full Version : Locking the account to your computer ID

Pimmeh
09-11-2007, 09:32 AM
So, I did use the button on my good old computer and my friend decided to test it. And he could easily log on my account with his computer.
Seems like a bug?

zokemon
09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
So, I did use the button on my good old computer and my friend decided to test it. And he could easily log on my account with his computer.
Seems like a bug?

Have you been on that account with that computer before?

Pimmeh
09-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, why?

zokemon
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes, why?

That's why. You should make sure to read the whole thread where he said he released this.

Pimmeh
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
We have added a new feature to lock the account to a specific computer. If someone wants to connect to your account using a different computer then you will receive an e-mail where you need to click on a link to approve the new computer. That will make it harder to hack or steal accounts.
To enable that protection click on the "Protect" button in the serverlist screen. This is optional for normal users, but global admins will need to use this in the future.

I did not have any confirmation e-mail or anything and I dont see why my friend would be able to access my computer. He did before, but I locked it on my computer, not his!

Admins
09-14-2007, 03:29 PM
All computers that have accessed the account before can still use it, they were auto-verified.

Chompy
09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
All computers that have accessed the account before can still use it, they were auto-verified.

can this be changed tho?

Horrified
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Perhaps an allow option to allow older computers or not?

Chompy
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Perhaps an allow option to allow older computers or not?

agreed

ViperZakuto
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
if you guys would have read the thread about when stefan released this... He will be adding a feature that will clear all computer id's so that will solve the problem.

Crow
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
if you guys would have read the thread about when stefan released this... He will be adding a feature that will clear all computer id's so that will solve the problem.

He said he might add that.

ViperZakuto
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM
He said he might add that.

he usually adds stuff that he says he might. if he doesn't then complain =D

TSAdmin
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
heh, Gotta love Graal people, there's no specifics with them :P Either someone takes what someone announces as a "maybe", literally, or they don't even take notice of the announcement at all.

ViperZakuto
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
heh, Gotta love Graal people, there's no specifics with them :P Either someone takes what someone announces as a "maybe", literally, or they don't even take notice of the announcement at all.
what other way would there be to take announcments? those are about the only three ways... sooo

TSAdmin
09-17-2007, 12:21 PM
what other way would there be to take announcments? those are about the only three ways... sooo

Pretty sure I only mentioned 2. (People taking a 'Maybe' as 'Definite', or Not paying attention to the announcement at all thus asking something already answered in the original announcement)
;)

ViperZakuto
09-18-2007, 12:01 AM
maybe, literally, or don't take notice at all sounds like three to me... and i don't really see any other ways for people to take things...