PDA

View Full Version : gk Quiz

ViperZakuto
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I remember Jagen hosting a quiz event one time. he would send out the question through the npc server. people would send there answer to the npc server. the first person to get it right won a prize... Could this be done again?

Sam
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
The trivia event? I don't know if Jage did some similar, but I remember one scripted by Björn and hosted by him, me and the other EM's at this time.
We stopped it, because public topics can get answered quick by Google them. Same for the common riddles.

ViperZakuto
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
well how about actually taking stuff from gk and and making questions about it. Like whats it take to make this and that. stuff that has to do with gk not just random questions.

I remember when you answered the question to the npc server. It automaticlly added the ec or prize to your account. I also won a metris club. =D

ReBorn_Spirit
09-05-2007, 11:51 PM
The problem with time events is that, not everyones computer can respond to these messages so far, or the lagg will hide things like when they are in the dungeons. Or overlapping PMs for example usually cause me a great deal of delay between various pms throughout the day.

Then theres the random find this event. Well sure its fine, but the issue there is that some people still have less then 3 speed, while that one player has about 6 speed. Unless you make it fair you won't ever find me in these events. Some other people might even feel the same way.

ViperZakuto
09-06-2007, 03:23 AM
mix up the questions. make like 3 in a row something that you have to actually answer with a word. then do 2 multiple choice. then every other one... just keep switching them up, don't use the same pattern.

Then people would have to think, instead of just mashing a button and hoping they were right and first.

I won that metris club on this question. Not a multiple choice question.

If there are 5 apples, and you take 3. How many apples do you have?

I typed in two and said hey wait. I have three apples, so i answered with three. There was a good 15 sec or so, and i still answered correctly, and first. =O

Ravenblade1979
09-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Viper I like your enthusiam dude but start reading people's responses. Dayaa is right. The biggest thing would be the masses. Felix is swamped so how is this a fair event to him?

Felix_Xenophobe
09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I can't play waterglass because my mouse sucks! It's such an unfair event. Please disable waterglass!
I can't play horse events either because I lag so much! Please disable horse races! Same goes for kart races! Please disable them as well!
All events are unfair!! PLEASE DISABLE THEM SO WE CAN BE EQUAL AGAIN!

Events can't be fair to everyone.

ViperZakuto
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Viper I like your enthusiam dude but start reading people's responses. Dayaa is right. The biggest thing would be the masses. Felix is swamped so how is this a fair event to him?

masses to who the npc server? Draxx did a few of these events when we first started with Zormite. He actually used hard questions... so it usually took like 2 mins for them to respond to questions. Now how is that unfair?
He couldn't set it up with the npc server like jagen did, but if he had the rights to it would have been more fair.

The only event on gk that is actually fair is raffle=/. The second time i played musical chair i got lagged out. So, you better stop hosting, cause that isn't fair either.

My internet goes 5.9 megabytes/sec. I lag on every event. so you just better disable everything. Cause if i lag with that fast of speed. Then everybody must lag... so no events because of lag =/

How would this event be unfair to felix. Jagen made this script so it can't be impossible for bjorn or stefan to do... all felix, or someone that can, would have to do is send the message through the npc server. the npc server automatically gives out the prizes. so how is that swamping felix?

The problem with time events is that, not everyones computer can respond to these messages so far, or the lagg will hide things like when they are in the dungeons. Or overlapping PMs for example usually cause me a great deal of delay between various pms throughout the day.

Then theres the random find this event. Well sure its fine, but the issue there is that some people still have less then 3 speed, while that one player has about 6 speed. Unless you make it fair you won't ever find me in these events. Some other people might even feel the same way.

yeah, but most of those people worked hard for that kind of speed, Probably even years x.x So they should not be rewarded for gathering speed items for years(like myself).

if you think this. Spar's should not be an event then. People lag in spars. even though they worked hard for there levels... they shouldn't get rewards for it. you should make it all the same. NO, that is not the way. reward people for working hard.. don't take what they have worked for and disable events because they worked hard for it.

I know a lot about gk and would like to see some quiz events. I believe with all the info i got in my brain, I can maybe win a couple.

Ravenblade1979
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
w/e dude I don't want to argue with you. When you start getting tons of pm's then we will talk again.

sage_scooby
09-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I can't play waterglass because my mouse sucks! It's such an unfair event. Please disable waterglass!
I can't play horse events either because I lag so much! Please disable horse races! Same goes for kart races! Please disable them as well!
All events are unfair!! PLEASE DISABLE THEM SO WE CAN BE EQUAL AGAIN!

Events can't be fair to everyone.

If I hadn't already given out my common sense award today you'd get it!

Events are just for fun, not for equal treatment of all people. If it was all about fairness we'd be hosting raffle and only raffle.

Ravenblade1979
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Too true Sage too true.

ViperZakuto
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
nobody else saw that felix was using sarcasm to get that point across? same as me.

MajinDragon
09-08-2007, 11:31 PM
nobody else saw that felix was using sarcasm to get that point across? same as me.

I thought it was obvious... :noob: Guess some people are... Slow... :p

ViperZakuto
09-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I saw the quiz house... how is it scripted? does it even work?

Ravenblade1979
09-09-2007, 05:42 AM
It doesn't work the way you think. Its actually used for event cube events and fayts "guess the item"

ViperZakuto
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
the way i think? I have no idea how it works that's why I ws asking. Why is it called quiz house if it has nothing to do with hosting quiz events... maybe somebody should post an explanation, and all rules, of all the events that are currently being held on gk =P

Gothika
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
the way i think? I have no idea how it works that's why I ws asking. Why is it called quiz house if it has nothing to do with hosting quiz events... maybe somebody should post an explanation, and all rules, of all the events that are currently being held on gk =P

It's doesn't just have to be used for a quiz. We tend to use it for whatever purpsose we need it for. It really depends on the style of the EM that uses the room. I like to use it for "Guess the Prize", other use it for "Even or Odd".
I know Maroku used it for actual quizes a lot. He even used his microphone for a some the quizes. It was pretty cool but hard to hear at times. Anyway, I'll probably host a quiz or two in there now I know people would like that. I'll just have to work out a system to make it fair to everyone.

Ravenblade1979
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
First thing we need to do Fayt is us EM's have to come up with a Events Master Homepage that people will actually goto to see Events we are hosting (big events) and when its for etc.

Some of us can even just let people know when we are on usually. In the past two weeks I only hosted really on sunday a lot...but other then that maybe we need to give them some insight into when we are on, what we are planning to host and dates and times for big events.

Heck even the ET's from other servers could get in on this. Make it a central ET/EM website.

cyan3
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
First thing we need to do Fayt is us EM's have to come up with a Events Master Homepage that people will actually goto to see Events we are hosting (big events) and when its for etc.

Some of us can even just let people know when we are on usually. In the past two weeks I only hosted really on sunday a lot...but other then that maybe we need to give them some insight into when we are on, what we are planning to host and dates and times for big events.

Heck even the ET's from other servers could get in on this. Make it a central ET/EM website.

Why make a homepage when you can just post it on the Forums?

Ravenblade1979
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Why make a homepage when you can just post it on the Forums?

Exactly how many people really check the forums Felix?

cyan3
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Exactly how many people really check the forums Felix?

Exactly how many people would really use the website if they don't use the graal forums?