PDA

View Full Version : Horse events

ReBorn_Spirit
09-02-2007, 05:28 AM
How about something like that uhm Hippodrome or Coleseum. Make it so levels don't matter, but give the player a horse and a lance to go jousting your opponent.

Maybe have to bring your own horse though so they actaully have a point to this server again.

It would be like a mini game, you could even bring up the idea of chariots and actually let people follow behind a horse on this thing and attack monsters as they ride by them.

Or even be able to pull things around with horses.. as rediculous at it may sound..

Just think, you could even have a chariot race where you had to kill a certain number of enemies. Maybe even make them use an axe or sword on them, no spells.

Drakeero
09-02-2007, 05:29 AM
I already remember a cart graphic way way way back (don't know if its still there) near the sawmill in West Bomboria. I heard rumors that it was supposed to hold stuff and be pullable by a horse, but nothing was done with it.

lardy227
09-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Make horses killable with it so you wont be indestructable
Edit: And when your horse dies you fall off and lose some life xD

ReBorn_Spirit
09-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Make horses killable with it so you wont be indestructable
Edit: And when your horse dies you fall off and lose some life xD

I already remember a cart graphic way way way back (don't know if its still there) near the sawmill in West Bomboria. I heard rumors that it was supposed to hold stuff and be pullable by a horse, but nothing was done with it.

Horses don't really have to be killable, but in the jousting there is a chance to kill an unarmoured horse.. This was fixed mostly by giving the horse armour as well. Something to craft that would allow you to follow behind the horse maybe like a chariot or even the ability to use a lance, spear, or a sword off to the side of a horse would be neat. Or even a bow, but it would have to be a little more unstable when the horse is moving, meaning less accuracy.

Huzzah for the Mongolian horse archers..

ViperZakuto
09-02-2007, 05:44 AM
This sounds like a really neat idea hopefully it gets attention =O

MajinDragon
09-02-2007, 03:53 PM
If this means horses will now be slayable, i'm game.

sage_scooby
09-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I like the horsedrawn cart idea. Great for moving mass quantities of stuff. Also could make some more interesting events. Jousting sounds like a lof of fun also.

Sometimes I do wish horses could be spawned for events. I've tried holding a couple horse racing events, but no one ever keeps horses anymore. I personally still have a very old horse.

Ravenblade1979
09-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah well thats one event that can disappear until people take more interest.

cyan3
09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I like the idea of using weapons on Horses. Maybe it could be used for rp when in kingdom battles/wars where you have munted riders.