PDA

View Full Version : You don't have admin rights

WarriorCam
08-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I and a few other staff members on Val have gotten this error, repeatedly, a few times when trying to login RC. We are listed in the staff list, we have our IPs set and on occassion when we try to login we get the "You don't have admin rights" refusal. I was able to login to Val fine, but not Val Dev and I had my staff check and make sure my IP was set and I was still listed in the staff accounts. I am, yet still cannot login to my RC. Has anyone else encountered this and can it be fixed please?

It seems to stop refusing after about 5-10 minutes, so it's not a huge problem, but it is annoying.

PrinceOfKenshin
08-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Umm i have been noticing that i get disconnected from NC a lot so I'm guessing maybe that is why. Plus i have notice that the server every once in awhile will freeze up for a minute or two. I don't know if this will help you but yea this is what I've seen

cyan3
08-26-2007, 01:51 AM
I get the same error when i try to login to Kingdoms Debug but after 5 minutes it works fine again.

Switch
08-26-2007, 02:20 AM
me an my friend are guessing the move from graal.net subscriptions to Dev subscriptions =\ it only started happening after I saw that post that the new subscriptions are out.

Maniaman
08-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Semi-halfway-make-that-barely related: you can't disconnect the npcserver anymore. You have to use /npcshutdown now :(

now i can't disconnect the npcserver with mean messages when it makes me mad :(

Maniaman prob: not authorized for disconnecting higher admins

Admins
08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
It's some weird problem, will fix it on Monday.
Will also fix the npcserver-disconnect thing, it was added for preventing local staff from disconnecting global staff, not the npcserver (which has adminlevel 3 or so)

Switch
08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Stefan it wasn't the NPC server that shut down on Graal Legacy, what, 3 days ago.
It was you.
You said "Hi"
shut it down then restarted :P

DustyPorViva
08-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Also, when I'm logged on client, sometimes it says I don't have warping rights/update level rights. I have to use RC to warp and update level... very annoying. I have to restart Graal and hope it gives me the rights.

WarriorCam
08-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Also, when I'm logged on client, sometimes it says I don't have warping rights/update level rights. I have to use RC to warp and update level... very annoying. I have to restart Graal and hope it gives me the rights.

Yeah, same thing happens at the same time the Admin Rights errors are going on. Was on RC, logged in player, found warp wasn't working so I decided to test it by logging out of RC and trying to log back in but got the Admin Rights message. This time it was on Valikorlia, not Val Dev, and all my staff had it happen on Val as well so I'm pretty sure it's not limited to dev servers.

Horrified
08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I get the same error when i try to login to Kingdoms Debug but after 5 minutes it works fine again.

Same goes with my server (Horrification).

I try to log on now and then and it says I don't have admin rights.

Vima
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah on Faded Nation it have also happend this a few times these days.
Strange.

Crow
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM

I just have to reconnect to fix that :D

xXziroXx
08-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Semi-halfway-make-that-barely related: you can't disconnect the npcserver anymore. You have to use /npcshutdown now :(

now i can't disconnect the npcserver with mean messages when it makes me mad :(

Maniaman prob: not authorized for disconnecting higher admins

/npckill - does the same thing.

And yeah, this whole "You dont have admin rights." error is getting riddicilous now. Happens to all staff, on all servers, pretty much ones a day at least.

zokemon
08-27-2007, 12:37 PM
It's some weird problem, will fix it on Monday.
Will also fix the npcserver-disconnect thing, it was added for preventing local staff from disconnecting global staff, not the npcserver (which has adminlevel 3 or so)

Ooo, will this prevent local staff from disconnecting Admin-Whatever accounts?

TSAdmin
08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I just have to reconnect to fix that :D

The problem with not being authorised to update level happened to me today, and I unset it and had someone else reinstate my right to update level (since you cant check your own rights check-boxes) and it fixed it. That was when reconnecting several times didnt work. The warpto isn't such a problem since I type it, but there are occasions where I want to go to someone who has a long account, and it may not work, and tell me I am no authorised. Reconnecting seems to fix that one, though.

DustyPorViva
08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I've having this bug right now, and have been for the last two hours. I can't connect to any of the servers I have RC on, and neither can someone else.

Chompy
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
bah, this is annoying, I'm having it now, and even if I use different accounts it won't let me on..

anubis_wing
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Same, I can't get on either.

PrinceOfKenshin
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeap just found out that its worse so no one is able to get on rc

Vima
08-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Same with me, Haven't worked in 5hours now. It keeps saying "You don't have admin rights"
PLEASE STEFAN FIX IT.
This is really ANNOYING.

Switch
08-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Stefan was supposed to fix the one that was 5-10 minutes today.
Maybe he did, but now jsut screwed it up even more.

Admins
08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Should work now

zokemon
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I still don't have admin rights :(
Oh and Kingdoms Debug says it can't access the accounts database (instead of "You don't have admin rights").

Cloven
08-28-2007, 12:40 AM
I have some staff on Delteria that cannot access RC also, though there's nothing wrong with IP ranges, PC locks, being in server ops. This is also affecting access to Delteria Dev.

ChrizP2P
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah ive been getting this alot over the past few days. Tonight was worst it's been but it seems to be working for me at the moment.