PDA

View Full Version : Zelda enemies!

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 01:21 AM
I always liked the enemies in Zelda 3, so I'm dedicating this thread to recreating them.

First, I start off with sparks. These were the things that were invincible(except for the boomerang) on Zelda 3 and moved around the level attached to anything that blocked.
The size of the enemy is 32x32px, so make sure your image/gani is that size. Also, if you use a gani, the image HAS to be at (0,0) for it to look right. The enemy currently dies if it gets detached from the wall somehow(if it's on a vase and you lift it), so make sure when you put it in the level, one of its sides is touching the wall(it will calculate its direction when it's created). I didn't include any images or gani's with this, though I might.
Things like the damage and death stuff is pretty basic, and should most likely be replaced to fit your server. Lastly, this is best used with simply level designs. It does work with complex designs, but it's not designed for that. I recommend putting this script in a class and joining an NPC to it. It's attached, because again... damn forum bugs.

Like my last thread, ideas and suggestions are more than welcome! Any enemies you'd like to see made, I'll see what I can do.

edit:oops, I had anti-fairies mistaken with sparks! corrected!

Switch
08-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Mmmm...
Ganondorf or w.e his name is
The little dark colored guys with the clubs and pig noses
annd...
The giant sea serpent with the 1 eye in Twilight :o

PrinceOfKenshin
08-21-2007, 01:44 AM
If you make graphics i will make ganis =) oh and this looks awesome, good job

Felix_Xenophobe
08-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Skulltulas > all.

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 01:53 AM
:o well I meant the enemies in Zelda 3, though any of the 2D games will be easily acceptable... though the 3D ones, I dunno. Simple stuff is possible, like skulltulas, but stuff like ganandorf and bosses, not so much. Also, remember, there are copyright laws, so these enemies have to be easily made into generic images so there's no problem with that!

Felix_Xenophobe
08-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Zelda 3
Ah didn't see that.

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 03:51 AM
I've edited the original post with the graphics and gani's. My own personal take on it :)
EDIT: By the by, the scripts, gani's and images posted in this thread are all free and up for grabs.

theHAWKER
08-21-2007, 05:29 AM
form the classic zelda, the spider things (first level on over world)

Angel_Light
08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
get me an image and a Gani :P

function onCreated() onTimeout();

function onTimeout() {
temp.t = random( 0, 3);
temp.x = int( random( 0, 4.5));
temp.y = int( random( 0, 4.5));
this.steps++;

setAni( "MOVEANI", NULL);
move( x, y, t, 4+8+16);
setAni( "IDLEANI", NULL);

if ( this.steps > 4) {
shootball();
this.steps = 0;
}

setTimer( t);
}

something like that XD haven't tested it, so with my luck it doesn't work. :P

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Nope, wouldn't work. shootball() always shoots towards the player, not like an arrow, so you'd have to use projectiles.
Also, they've already been 'redone' in Graal, as the octopus things.

TalonShriner
08-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Zoras that pop out of the water in random places and shoot fireballs at the player! ^_^ A classic.

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Definitely going to do that!
Only problem I'm having is finding a way to keep it 'locked' in the level on the gmap.

smirt362
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
The little things that eat your shield...what were they called again? They kinda looked like jello molds...

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Like-likes! :D

Angel_Light
08-22-2007, 12:20 AM
oh the cake things XD
Do the skultalas (or however you spell them) aswell

smirt362
08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Like-likes! :D

Thats the ones!

Also, what was that monster that shocked you when you hit with your sword. I think you could also sprinkle magic powder on it and make it talk to you.

DustyPorViva
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
buzz-blob, they turned into cukeman.
Monsters I plan to recreate:
Zora I will most likely use the image of the one fish head copy of the Zora.
Bombite These were enemies in the handheld versions that walked around and when hit they'd bounce really fast around the level until blowing up. I plan to take the bomb image and add feet.
Anti-fairy Skulls that bounce around the level that take magic and hurt the player as well.
Zol Your average RPG blob, so this should be easy to replicate
Keese Zelda always had bats! So should graal.
Mimics Things that mirrored your movement
Leevers These may be hard because of the fact they only appear on sand. I may just make an array that players can change to define what tiles it's 'locked' to.
Beamos >:) I hate these damn things
Spiny beetle The beetles that hide under bushes/rocks and so on and run towards you when you come near.

Anyways, it's just a list of goals. It's hard to do the scripting, come up with the monster design(can't copy Zelda!), and do the art for them, so don't expect them one after the other.

DustyPorViva
08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Okay, I need someone who's good with gmap and scripting to help out here.
Last week I did the graphics and whole script for the zora, but sadly it doesn't work on gmap. The script is finished and I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to post it, so if anyone would like to help make it work on gmap, just aim/msn/yahoo me and I'll send the script and graphics for it.

Chompy
08-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Okay, I need someone who's good with gmap and scripting to help out here.
Last week I did the graphics and whole script for the zora, but sadly it doesn't work on gmap. The script is finished and I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to post it, so if anyone would like to help make it work on gmap, just aim/msn/yahoo me and I'll send the script and graphics for it.

You want it to randomly pop up in water around the gmap or the level it is placed on in the level?

well..
All I can think of atm is:

if (isonmap) {
this.x = this.x%64, this.y = this.y%64;
}

xD It might be it's to late I'm tired, but I doubt that will help at all, really :(
You could test, but with my brain function atm I have no idea if it will work..

I'll try again tomorrow? ;o

DustyPorViva
08-27-2007, 11:38 PM
In the level it's placed in. I did the math for it and it should work, but it doesn't.

Chompy
08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
In the level it's placed in. I did the math for it and it should work, but it doesn't.

Hmm, well I can't see any errors basing on the text where you did write "should work" :p

Post some part(s) of the script? :o

DustyPorViva
08-27-2007, 11:51 PM
That's why I said IM me :P
I don't wanna post incomplete/bugged code in a code gallery thread, people might get confused. I'll just make another thread with it.

Chompy
08-28-2007, 05:19 PM
That's why I said IM me :P
I don't wanna post incomplete/bugged code in a code gallery thread, people might get confused. I'll just make another thread with it.

IM as in msn? ;)

DustyPorViva
08-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Ya. msn/aim/yahoo
Also, I've started on the beamos. Graphics are done, almost done the script, just gotta add a few things. It's much like the OoT beamos, where instead of just shooting you, the laser chases you around.

Chompy
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Also, I've started on the beamos. Graphics are done, almost done the script, just gotta add a few things. It's much like the OoT beamos, where instead of just shooting you, the laser chases you around.

Nice :p

Oh, jinx'es :p