PDA

View Full Version : Classic weapon remakes

DustyPorViva
08-19-2007, 07:50 AM
I decided to rescript old weapons that were seen on Classic, things like the hammer, shovel and such. These weapons will be fully compatible with GS2 and gmaps.

First, I already rescripted the hammer. This hammer can hammer a multitude of things, stakes of course(all the types), bushes, rocks and vases.
Adding new things able to be hammered is quite easy. It already states it in the script, the first value for the array is the 4 stake tiles. The second is for the hammered tiles. You must get the hex-values of these tiles in this order:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8577/stakestuff1pa3.png
The third value is what leap(using old leap values), and the last is what sound to play when the hammer hits.

Currently this doesn't trigger NPCs, and I didn't bother to put in hitting other players. If you wish me to I will, but I didn't find much point in it since so many servers use their own HP system. Please post if you see any errors, suggestions, I'll rescript and post more old scripts, if you have any requests feel free to post them.

I've attached the script(damn bad request bug is getting annoying), and the needed gani and image.

bscharff
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Excellent Work!

theHAWKER
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I'll rescript and post more old scripts, if you have any requests feel free to post them.

could u remake the bow? add cool ani and a spread :D

DustyPorViva
08-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Hmm, not quite understanding what you mean by add a spread?

theHAWKER
08-21-2007, 05:23 AM
Hmm, not quite understanding what you mean by add a spread?

like how u cant shoot something at the same exact place 50 times in a row...

like a bulet spred

CremisiSteam
09-30-2007, 07:42 AM
umm shouldn't the hammer hurt other players??? like have it do so much damage like half of sword power?

DustyPorViva
09-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Currently this doesn't trigger NPCs, and I didn't bother to put in hitting other players. If you wish me to I will, but I didn't find much point in it since so many servers use their own HP system. Please post if you see any errors, suggestions, I'll rescript and post more old scripts, if you have any requests feel free to post them.
^ ^ ^

Oh yes, I've also thought some more, and if I ever get back into dev work and such(Vendict is apparently gone, along with all my scripts), I'll add the old red/blue trident to the list of stuff to rescript. They were cool :)

CountBleck
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Add the boomarang.

cbk1994
02-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Add the boomarang.

Perhaps you could join Developers Circle and learn to script so that you could do this yourself? It seems to me that all you do is leech off of other people's scripts, though I could be wrong.

DustyPorViva
02-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I've rescripted the boomerang in GS2 before... was really nice. Cut down bushes, picked up items... but I lost it. :(

Switch
02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Perhaps you could join Developers Circle and learn to script so that you could do this yourself? It seems to me that all you do is leech off of other people's scripts, though I could be wrong.

I zero'th this
You got it off my post :p

cbk1994
02-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I zero'th this
You got it off my post :p

Because every time someone agrees with you they are copying you.

Switch
02-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Because every time someone agrees with you they are copying you.

defnitlay

people get 0's on homework because they steelz mah ansoors.

Scrimps
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
hey

Chompy
05-09-2008, 10:30 PM
hey

Uhm, any purpose with this post?

Ziro_of_the_Turks
05-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Currently this doesn't trigger NPCs, and I didn't bother to put in hitting other players. If you wish me to I will, but I didn't find much point in it since so many servers use their own HP system.

Maybe there's some basic script you could put in that they could just modify on their own?

Don't be so hard on him- I want to see a boomerang too, and I don't intend to "leech" it or anything. I just want to play :D

I havn't seen the old boomerang in a long time. Thinking of it brings back memories of my first day on Graal ^.^

Robin
05-10-2008, 03:36 AM
It might be interesting to see how a boomerang script would fair using my tweening script :D

DustyPorViva
05-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Oh, heh... I just started a boomerang recently while testing a bush-cutting function... perhaps I should finish it.

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 05:04 AM
Don't be so hard on him- I want to see a boomerang too, and I don't intend to "leech" it or anything. I just want to play :D

I havn't seen the old boomerang in a long time. Thinking of it brings back memories of my first day on Graal ^.^

Old post ;)

Back then CountBleck was always asking people for scripts. Don't recall if you were there.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
05-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Old post ;)

Back then CountBleck was always asking people for scripts. Don't recall if you were there.

That doesn't really change the point of any thing I said.
And for future reference: I was always there.

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 06:36 AM
That doesn't really change the point of any thing I said.
And for future reference: I was always there.

Fair enough :rolleyes:

But like I said, he was always running around asking people to make him stuff.

Plus, this was a while ago. I was so immature then ;)

Ziro_of_the_Turks
05-10-2008, 09:55 PM
But like I said, he was always running around asking people to make him stuff.

Plus, this was a while ago. I was so immature then ;)

I don't care, mannnng. I understood your point in the original post from February. And I have no reason to doubt he does what you say- I don't even know him, so by default you hold more credibility than he does.

He could be using stolen scripts to make weapons of mass-destruction for all I care. My point was: even if he has bad intentions for desiring the creation of such scripts, some of us just want to see these things exist to enjoy them in game!

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't care, mannnng. I understood your point in the original post from February. And I have no reason to doubt he does what you say- I don't even know him, so by default you hold more credibility than he does.

He could be using stolen scripts to make weapons of mass-destruction for all I care. My point was: even if he has bad intentions for desiring the creation of such scripts, some of us just want to see these things exist to enjoy them in game!

I agree, a boomerang would be awesome; I did not realize you were saying that some others wanted it. My bad ^^

Emera
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
How would i make this weapon inflict damage?

Tricxta
05-09-2011, 02:32 AM
triggeractions, im not sure how you do it in gs2 but you do it in gs1 using:
triggeraction playerx+1.5+vecx(playerdir)*2,playery+2+vecy(playe rdir)*2,Hit,5;

you then need to define that action in a weapon or you could just use hitplayer I guess.... Im not really sure what commands exist in gs2 :(

P.S. The action is called hit and it will send 5 to the receiving player which could be parameter to describe an effect or deal damage:playerhearts-=strtofloat(#p(0));

nullify
05-09-2011, 02:55 AM
http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

WhiteDragon
05-09-2011, 03:01 AM
GS1

Don't use GS1. It's deprecated, old, and buggy. Also, it should not be on any online servers, and the PWA will be in a fuss if it is.

However, triggeractions are a solution to this, just use the GS2 version. (Try saying /scripthelp triggeraction on RC.)

MattKan
05-09-2011, 04:35 AM
im from reborn

You talk about it like it's a second cousin