PDA

View Full Version : Observer mode

DustyPorViva
08-19-2007, 01:27 AM
I haven't said anything as I thought it was normal... but ya, I stay in observer mode. I never get out, I have been since v5 came out, and the most that happens is the little thing saying you're in observer mode blinks out for a second and comes back.

ReBorn_Spirit
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey did you know that if your in observer mode when your friends / party finishes the cave.. YOU STAY IN IT? Hmm well seeing that trials have nothing left to do without extreme teadious work.. they were almost better off before.. except they didnt save..

Sure observer mode is an original idea, but with all the things on GK not working well with them. Have to say its really not worth the time is it?

Perhaps you should fix some of these, maybe not let them go into observer mode with in maps?? Or perhaps put them in the center of the boats cargo hold or wherever it is when they come out of observer mode.

Admins
08-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Or disabling the entering of treasure maps in trial mode i guess.

DustyPorViva
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
So... any fix for the stuck in observer mode thing? Or at least future fix?

ReBorn_Spirit
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Or disabling the entering of treasure maps in trial mode i guess.

This is illogical, why don't you just pause their observer timer until the end of the map where they can make up the time when they are done.

Tom
08-23-2007, 05:21 AM
heh, my server is in Observer mode, hopefully a temporary bug

Admins
08-23-2007, 11:27 AM
heh, my server is in Observer mode, hopefully a temporary bug

?

The observer mode has been changed so that scripts get onPlayerLogin / onPlayerLogout / onActionPlayerOnline events when the the player is switched to / from observer mode. That should fix the problem with the treasure map.

Tom
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
?

The observer mode has been changed so that scripts get onPlayerLogin / onPlayerLogout / onActionPlayerOnline events when the the player is switched to / from observer mode. That should fix the problem with the treasure map.

yea, my bad. It was my VIP that just ran out >.<