PDA

View Full Version : Kewl Idea Just Need Help

Poogle
07-19-2001, 10:32 AM
You know how the shovel works? I would like to have something like that that you can use to build a house! Can you help me get the script?(If you want make more then 1 weapon) this is what it needs:

Wall North
Wall South
Wall West
Wall East
Conner House NW
Conner House SW
Conner House NE
Conner House SE
House Floor
Door Down
Door Up
Door West
Door South

Give me an example and I might be able to do the others o_o

Cybnext_Design
07-19-2001, 05:01 PM
I could do it. But it would take a bit to get coords. down good.

But if you can use board[] easily then you should be able to do it.

But i might need some money or something on newmain.

PM me if your interested.

Torankusu
07-19-2001, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Cybnext_Design
But i might need some money or something on newmain.

haha, hi, this kid is immature and spends his time getting jailed there.

konidias
07-19-2001, 05:48 PM
Something like the railroad track builder would be effective..

AlkarenHyralt
07-19-2001, 09:31 PM
How exactly would you have this house builder work though? It builds a house, but you can not enter it without linking the levels.. Also then you would have useless houses springing up everywhere with it.

BeZeRkEr
07-19-2001, 11:13 PM
build a house than egg [email protected]

ownerofbabylon
07-20-2001, 12:23 AM
yea, unless there was somthing along with it that made links ;) but i dont think that is possible with the limited commands we have to script with. BTW, does the shovel have a purpose? All i see is when its fired it makes a little dirt patch LOL.

Poogle
07-20-2001, 12:54 AM
I will make sue it will only work in one level like a cop net and spar weapons on newmain

Poogle
07-20-2001, 12:55 AM
^SURE

konidias
07-20-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
yea, unless there was somthing along with it that made links ;) but i dont think that is possible with the limited commands we have to script with. BTW, does the shovel have a purpose? All i see is when its fired it makes a little dirt patch LOL.

What about.. the player defines a starting x and y, and an ending x and y.. and then the level and the x,y warp where they will end up... then it will check something like... if the player is on those tiles.. then use the setlevel2 command to warp them to the other level

That seems to work in theory..

Poogle
07-20-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Something like the railroad track builder would be effective..
yeah! but I aint even close to making something like that!

ownerofbabylon
07-20-2001, 01:21 AM
wow, didnt think about that. Hmmm *thinks hard to self*

SkooL
07-20-2001, 01:57 AM
Why not just make them pay money to a construction crew and the crew starts to work...a big puff of smoke and the house is there! :)

konidias
07-20-2001, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by SkooL
Why not just make them pay money to a construction crew and the crew starts to work...a big puff of smoke and the house is there! :)

Because that takes the whole custom building point away.. but of course.. being able to make your own house poses a problem (a ton of half-*ssed houses all over the place LOL

Jerom
07-20-2001, 03:46 AM
Hmm...
Do you really need an inside to the house? If not, then why not make it so that the top layer of the house disappears when the current player enters? That would solve the warping problem...
As for the crap houses...just have alot of detection for each object, like the railroad tracks, only so that you couldn't lay object upon object on top of each other. The parts of the house that were blocking and the floors, could be tiles. The door, the roof, and the other things that disappear when entering the house could be made up with pics1.png.
If you've got any ideas or suggestions on this, post it, I'm sure it will help.

<edited> oh!! as for the houses ALL AROUND THE PLACE, just assign places that houses can be built, "plots of land"</edited>

Cybnext_Design
07-20-2001, 04:05 AM
haha, hi, this kid is immature and spends his time getting jailed there.

1. I'm not immature.
2. I have never been jailed on newmain.

Maybe come up with something to say that you can back up?

Shard_IceFire
07-20-2001, 06:13 AM
Guys, here's the simple way that none of you have thought of yet! HAVE PLAYERS SUBMIT THEIR HOUSES, AND THEN YOU PUT THEM ON WHEN AND HOW YOU WANT.
Duh.

Tyhm
07-20-2001, 03:33 PM
See also: LAT Spackle, last levels pack.
It didn't work online, that stuff's only local. And natch, doesn't survive an update...

BeZeRkEr
07-20-2001, 04:29 PM
lat spackle?

Poogle
07-20-2001, 11:58 PM
can anyone make one?

Tyhm
07-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Since you weren't listening I'll repeat myself.

I did, but it only worked LOCALLY.

Torankusu
07-22-2001, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Cybnext_Design

1. I'm not immature.
2. I have never been jailed on newmain.

Maybe come up with something to say that you can back up?
I think i posted that, and i am talking about Poogle/Nick.

Solareon
07-22-2001, 02:19 PM
have the house builder make an object that is the door link logically to the inside level of a house, but because of the fact npcs can't make files on the graal server, no inside would be possible. about submitting houses, that's why you buy a player house

Poogle
07-23-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Shard_IceFire
Guys, here's the simple way that none of you have thought of yet! HAVE PLAYERS SUBMIT THEIR HOUSES, AND THEN YOU PUT THEM ON WHEN AND HOW YOU WANT.
Duh.
I know but my idea is cooler I will have a contruction site for them to make there houses(inside only) like stefan has for the RR

Now I believe I'll be uneccessarily rude!

Poogle
07-25-2001, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Since you weren't listening I'll repeat myself.

I did, but it only worked LOCALLY.
Email it to me [email protected]

cohn
07-30-2001, 10:42 AM
That's a little hard. Maybe you should ask in the scripting thread not the lvl thread.