PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac?

xXziroXx
07-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Alright, since no one has really released any information on the current situation, I will.

We were originally just gonna do a 3 day rollback, due to the recent glitch abuses. Some players thought it would be a great idea to exploit two bugs that allowed you to dupe items, and they duped hundreds of thousands of items. Mainly fishes to be honest, but also good gear.

Since they had been giving those items out, and selling them for money to NPCs, the rollback was essential.

When Vulcan logged on to do the rollback, we talked about the current systems and how most of them are clientsided (which makes them easily hacked), he decided that we would not reopen until some things were converted to serverside, which is what we are currently in the process of doing.

This will take a few days, perhaps even a week or two. I can't honestly say how long it will take, at all, so don't take my estimation all too seriously.

We thank you all for your patience, and we are doing our very best to get the server back up.

-Zodiac Staff

anubis_wing
07-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Are you adding things other then that?

Spark910
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
This will take a few days, perhaps even a week or two. I can't honestly say how long it will take, at all, so don't take my estimation all too seriously.

Just don't do a Classic on us :)

kenyonandelliot
07-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Don't you guys have a dev server to do this on..

coreys
07-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Don't you guys have a dev server to do this on..

Obviously not...

Twinny
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes there is a Zodiac Dev server but it's currently being used for different things...

Crow
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
OMG DUNT U HAB A DEV SERVRE FOR DIS???????
IMA SO ZODAIC ADICTED I CNAT LIEV WIDOUD ITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caps!

zokemon
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I have to laugh at how much Yen boasted about his systems being scripted the best ever.

Twinny
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I have to laugh at how much Yen boasted about his systems being scripted the best ever.

I've been discussing an upgrade for the systems of late. He knows the current systems better than I could ever hope for. The suggestions were discussed, problems were ironed out. I think they could work :D

coreys
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Don't do it, Twinny, let it die! D:

Twinny
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't do it, Twinny, let it die! D:

It benefits myself as much as Zodiac. In the end, I intend to release the framework for the system I make.

Crono
07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, Rufus got removed. :/

Door
07-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Because the PWAs are scared of Unixmad. No one fears the whiny brats who call themselves 'Anti-Unixmad' except Unixmad himself. Cowardly, if you ask me, removing a perfectly good manager out of fear of their boss's own insecurities?

Twinny
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, Rufus got removed. :/

Pissed me off when he told me... I removed all the stuff i was doing on the Dev server for now.

Door
07-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Pissed me off when he told me... I removed all the stuff i was doing on the Dev server for now.

That helps nothing. You've only taken away from the players if you do that. It's not fair and won't get us anywhere.

Twinny
07-30-2007, 09:51 PM
That helps nothing. You've only taken away from the players if you do that. It's not fair and won't get us anywhere.

My current thoughts are that it won't matter for a while now anyways. I recommended Rufus since he was the only person I could see who was capable of handling it. He had expierence, he was up-to-date with Zodiac and he wanted to do it. Now....

It's gonna take a while to start up again (if ever) and I don't need to do my stuff on Zodiac Dev now... I may release to the public first now.

Crono
07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah so my signature is back. Anyone up for it?

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/XxCronoxX/?action=view&current=pluffyfinished-1.gif

It seems that if a whiney little kid spreads rumors you can get a manager removed!

Twinny
07-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah so my signature is back. Anyone up for it?

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/XxCronoxX/?action=view&current=pluffyfinished-1.gif

It seems that if a whiney little kid spreads rumors you can get a manager removed!

I would but it seems my reputation has been set on fire of late. No point now.

Elk
07-30-2007, 11:21 PM
aww...R.I.P zodiac M_M!

Door
07-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Your avatar displays your true emotions on the subject.

Tom
07-31-2007, 12:04 AM
antielk group is here to help!

Crono
07-31-2007, 12:20 AM
I would but it seems my reputation has been set on fire of late. No point now.

Huh? I'm talking about the rufus 4 manager sig...

Crow
07-31-2007, 12:36 AM
antielk group is here to help!

I lol'd, but not with you...

Twinny
07-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Huh? I'm talking about the rufus 4 manager sig...

I meant that even if I did add that image to my signature: it wouldn't do anything. I'm getting the feeling that my opinion has become null and void around here.

Crono
07-31-2007, 12:45 AM
I meant that even if I did add that image to my signature: it wouldn't do anything. I'm getting the feeling that my opinion has become null and void.

So? Just show your support, and if you don't think that matters than think of it as being for fun.

:pluffy:

Inverness
07-31-2007, 12:59 AM
I was told by Yen that some stuff he through together quickly because it was needed immediately. Specifically the item system.

Twinny
07-31-2007, 01:10 AM
I was told by Yen that some stuff he through together quickly because it was needed immediately. Specifically the item system.

I had started and done a fair bit work on a new itemdb/mud system with some particular features much needed to Zodiac. These have been put on hold for now.

Horrified
07-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I thought they were already dying because they installed some censor system...Oh lord.

Get back soon, I only started playing and next thing you know you're staff-only ;_;

Sheen_the_mage
07-31-2007, 02:51 AM
Hey im a staff(ET)!
Why arent I allowed on?T_T

All the pr's do is answer questions or sometimes slack off on their rc abusing it to quickly warp to dungeons.

I hosted all day alot of the time keeping the players entertained.Shouldent I be allowed on and NOT the PR's? =/

Its not like the PR's can dev or anything.I know how to gani,lat, and read scripts!

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:02 AM
I thought they were already dying because they installed some censor system...Oh lord.

Get back soon, I only started playing and next thing you know you're staff-only ;_;

I added a filter to chat but i only filtered discriminatory words. For instance, I never filtered ****.

Anyhoo, I just got this golden quote from Houdiniman
"So you're single handedly taking credit for dooming Zodiac? Ouch"

:D

Horrified
07-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Hey im a staff(ET)!
Why arent I allowed on?T_T

All the pr's do is answer questions or sometimes slack off on their rc abusing it to quickly warp to dungeons.

I hosted all day alot of the time keeping the players entertained.Shouldent I be allowed on and NOT the PR's? =/

Its not like the PR's can dev or anything.I know how to gani,lat, and read scripts!

Hmm...Events team host events.

No need for events as there are no players.

Hmm...PR team deals with player crap.

No need for PRs as there are no Players.

Both aren't needed. The PRs probably are slowing them down by spamming RC and joking around, anyway. Nothing can be done though :p

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Hmm...Events team host events.

No need for events as there are no players.

Hmm...PR team deals with player crap.

No need for PRs as there are no Players.

Both aren't needed. The PRs probably are slowing them down by spamming RC and joking around, anyway. Nothing can be done though :p

PRs didn't even get RC while I was around..Events Team certainly did not get RC.

Horrified
07-31-2007, 03:16 AM
PRs didn't even get RC while I was around..Events Team certainly did not get RC.

What was then isn't always now...

Twinny
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Houdiniman tried to pressure me into working on Zodiac ^^. Apparently I'm a, 'loser' and a '*******' but also: the death of Zodiac would be totally my fault ^^

ChrisNolan
07-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Death of Zodiac?! Did I miss something? I thought they were just going to be down for a couple of weeks to fix some glitches and stop the hacking (believe me, there was hacking.. I've seen it with my own eyes)

Twinny
07-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Death of Zodiac?! Did I miss something? I thought they were just going to be down for a couple of weeks to fix some glitches and stop the hacking (believe me, there was hacking.. I've seen it with my own eyes)

Yes that happened than Rufus got fired. Because of this act, everyone rufus hired decided to leave as well. Suffice to say: Zodiac has alot of work to do and hardly anyone to do it now.

ChrisNolan
07-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Didn't they just fire a manager not too long ago? What's the deal?

xXziroXx
07-31-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm currently working on bringing back Zodiac.

anubis_wing
07-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Ziro, you are a god.

xXziroXx
07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeaaah.. I just found out that Rufus was removed by Unixmad since Elk reported to the globals that Rufus is in anti-unixmad, which he's NOT. In result of that, all other Development staff left, and since I told Rufus that if he left, so would I.. I dont know. I want to talk to Vulcan/Ibonic before I do anything.

ChrisNolan
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh. rofl. It's like, just give us the world for one single second and then just rip it away. :p

Darlene159
07-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeaaah.. I just found out that Rufus was removed by Unixmad since Elk reported to the globals that Rufus is in anti-unixmad, which he's NOT. In result of that, all other Development staff left, and since I told Rufus that if he left, so would I.. I dont know. I want to talk to Vulcan/Ibonic before I do anything.Don't leave. I am so angry about this that I can't see straight. :mad:
This whole thing is completely rediculous.

xXziroXx
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes, it is. From both sides if you ask me. I had quit Graal, for what I thought was for good. Then Rufus IMed me one day, asking if I could come back to Graal and help him on Zodiac - since he wouldn't accept the position unless he had descent staff with him. So I did, and now Rufus was removed by force without ANY proof other then Elk reporting him for being with anti-unixmad. Bull****!

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeaaah.. I just found out that Rufus was removed by Unixmad since Elk reported to the globals that Rufus is in anti-unixmad, which he's NOT. In result of that, all other Development staff left, and since I told Rufus that if he left, so would I.. I dont know. I want to talk to Vulcan/Ibonic before I do anything.

Pretty sad huh... especially since Elk is the one going around making anti-unixmad banners...

Elk
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, it is. From both sides if you ask me. I had quit Graal, for what I thought was for good. Then Rufus IMed me one day, asking if I could come back to Graal and help him on Zodiac - since he wouldn't accept the position unless he had descent staff with him. So I did, and now Rufus was removed by force without ANY proof other then Elk reporting him for being with anti-unixmad. Bull****!

I think you got it wrong, my friend.
Unixmad, me and Rufus had a conversation on Zodiac which was about antiunixmad members. Rufus made screenshots about it and sent them to anti-unixmad (KuJi). When I found out that he did it, I reported it to unixmad, because...who would want a Manager who does illegal things like backstabbing Graals Management? Such things HAVE to result in punishment plx. And that happened.
I have enough proof, believe me lol...

ChrisNolan
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I just can't imagine people actually having hate groups for ANYTHING, like Ashlee Simpson and stuff... but a hate group for unixmad, rofl. It's just this human life that's completely wasted. :( Why do people let themselves turn into such monsters?

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
...stuff...

I don't think the owner of Graal should have been spreading confidential information about a player to everyone. That was highly unethical.

This was a very simple matter that should have been delicately handled. But no. They removed Rufus. The one person who wanted to manage Zodiac and could. It was too quick a response and it will be regretted now.

xXziroXx
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
I find this kinda funny Elk.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4853/graal1185883858ae9.png

Crono
07-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Don't leave. I am so angry about this that I can't see straight. :mad:
This whole thing is completely rediculous.

Trust me, you're one of the few who actually have an influence on unixmad's decisions. I'm sure you can convince him to do something.

Elk
07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't think the owner of Graal should have been spreading confidential information about a player to everyone. That was highly unethical.

This was a very simple matter that should have been delicately handled. But no. They removed Rufus. The one person who wanted to manage Zodiac and could. It was too quick a response and it will be regretted now.

Everyone? Are you kidding? This was NOT a very simple matter. I'm not only talknig about screenshots, you know?

@ziro

what's wrong with this screen?

Rufus
07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
I think you got it wrong, my friend.
Unixmad, me and Rufus had a conversation on Zodiac which was about antiunixmad members. Rufus made screenshots about it and sent them to anti-unixmad (KuJi). When I found out that he did it, I reported it to unixmad, because...who would want a Manager who does illegal things like backstabbing Graals Management? Such things HAVE to result in punishment plx. And that happened.
I have enough proof, believe me lol...

You are a ****ing liar, how can you even bull**** in public as well as to everyone in private? The audacity of some people these days, but I'd expect nothing less from someone like you.

When unixmad was on Zodiac, you ran straight to the AU chat room and told Joey. Joey has been asking me for screenshots for days now, I told him I wasn't going to send him any and he attempted to bribe me, esle he'd "tell unixmad" or whatever and look what you've both done, successfully got him to believe you. As for backstabbing Graal's management, you shouldn't even be allowed to play Graal with the stuff you pull, this latest photoshopping of Stefan and Unixmad, making them look like terrorists is way more then what I've ever done.

You're a pervert and a liar.

Crono
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.excessvideogames.com/videogames/6063.jpg

Elk's bout to get served.

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Everyone? Are you kidding? This was NOT a very simple matter. I'm not only talknig about screenshots, you know?

To even think that Rufus would be Anti-Unixmad is shocking! I can't believe that administration believed it. I thought they would be able to see into your powerplay and manipulations.

Rufus
07-31-2007, 03:39 PM
To even think that Rufus would be Anti-Unixmad is shocking! I can't believe that administration believed it. I thought they would be able to see into your powerplay and manipulations.

To think anyone would want to get in with a group of kids who spend their lives providing nothing but annoyance is pathetic. Then again, we do have people who lie through their teeth in order to protect themselves, when in reality they're trying their damned hardest to fit in with these bad boys.

Elk
07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
You are a ****ing liar, how can you even bull**** in public as well as to everyone in private? The audacity of some people these days, but I'd expect nothing less from someone like you.

When unixmad was on Zodiac, you ran straight to the AU chat room and told Joey

>Wrong

"Rufus Graal: I've got Unixmad for you
Rufus Graal: TOTALLY.
XT Joey TX: ey
Rufus Graal: He's giving out your personal details
Rufus Graal: Joseph?
Rufus Graal: Fishera or something?
XT Joey TX: where?
Rufus Graal: He's just said it on player
Rufus Graal: I've got screens
Rufus Graal: ;-)"

Who ran just straight to AU?...

. Joey has been asking me for screenshots for days now, I told him I wasn't going to send him any and he attempted to bribe me

>Lie

, esle he'd "tell unixmad" or whatever and look what you've both done, successfully got him to believe you.

>Wrong

As for backstabbing Graal's management, you shouldn't even be allowed to play Graal with the stuff you pull, this latest photoshopping of Stefan and Unixmad, making them look like terrorists is way more then what I've ever done.

I did that because I was boring. AU just took the pic and set it as banner.

Same goes back to you, even the "pervert" part ;)

@Twinny
Rufus is NOT part of anti-unixmad and I never said that.

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:43 PM
You agree with Unixmad's actions? He shouldn't have been distributing Joey's information on Zodiac. That's just wrong.

In all fairness, I think Joey had a right to know this.

Rufus
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM

When unixmad was on Zodiac, you ran straight to the AU chat room and told Joey

>Wrong

Actually, I sent the globals proof of that.

. Joey has been asking me for screenshots for days now, I told him I wasn't going to send him any and he attempted to bribe me

>Lie

How can you even lie about this, show us all proof?

, esle he'd "tell unixmad" or whatever and look what you've both done, successfully got him to believe you.

>Wrong

Bell knows this is true, because I've been sending her the conversations the entire time, every last one.

As for backstabbing Graal's management, you shouldn't even be allowed to play Graal with the stuff you pull, this latest photoshopping of Stefan and Unixmad, making them look like terrorists is way more then what I've ever done.

I did that because I was boring. AU just took the pic and set it as banner.

Hahaha so you're admitting to it?

Same goes back to you, even the "pervert" part ;)

I don't think so somehow.

Elk
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM

>The forum isnt the right place for that.

Bell knows this is true, because I've been sending her the conversations the entire time, every last one.

>Bell your best friend...haha...

>Yes I am, why shouldn't I?
AU just took it. I made it because I was bored.

>Orly?

Rufus
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM

>The forum isnt the right place for that.

Well perhaps you could send them to me, as you're so obsessed with contacting me in any way/shape/form you can. I'll be waiting for these screenshots.

>Yes I am, why shouldn't I?
AU just took it. I made it because I was bored.

It's ironic that you say I'm anti-management or whatever from doing nothing, then you do stuff like this.

>Orly?

Oh please, I haven't handed out videos of myself to Graalians performing sexual acts on webcam, nor have I had links to homosexual profile sites where most of them are naked in my profile. I don't force people to go on webcam, or try force them to watch me on it either. You're the lowest of the low.

Elk
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh please, I haven't handed out videos of myself to Graalians performing sexual acts on webcam, nor have I had links to homosexual profile sites where most of them are naked in my profile. I don't force people to go on webcam, or try force them to watch me on it either. You're the lowest of the low.

I never handed out videos of myself to Graalians performing sexual acts on webcam.
Also I don't force people to go on webcam, stupid boy.
YOU are the lowest because YOU asked similar things aswell.

Inspiration
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
I know Rufus's personality well enough just hearing him talk and watching his actions to know he's not going to get in with people like Joey and the AU crew.

It's pretty obvious what happened in this situation, even without exact details. Any one who can't see it is pretty blind.

Rufus
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM

I never handed out videos of myself to Graalians performing sexual acts on webcam.
Also I don't force people to go on webcam, stupid boy.
YOU are the lowest because YOU asked similar things aswell.

Now you're grasping at straws, lying through your teeth and it is common knowledge what you do so it's not as though anyone is going to believe this bull****.

Twinny
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
ANYHOO: before this becomes a full-blown flame war: what now?

Anyone got any decent ideas for Zodiac now?

Darlene159
07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
I know Rufus's personality well enough just hearing him talk and watching his actions to know he's not going to get in with people like Joey and the AU crew.

It's pretty obvious what happened in this situation, even without exact details. Any one who can't see it is pretty blind.Agreed, everyone needs to use the support center for this. I know I plan to, but this thread has to be closed because it is not allowed, and it is not helping anything. Use the support center, or contact the globals in whatever way you can if need be.