PDA

View Full Version : Overloaded NPC-Server for Val Dev

Inverness
07-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Oi, I was going to do a stress test on Val Dev by simulating 5000 new player logins for the database system that I'm using. I'm guessing maybe I shouldn't have done those 5000 at once since when I did 50 at a time it worked fine.

Anyhow, the NPC-Server froze when I tried and wouldn't shut down or anything so I disconnected it and it wont start anymore other than it appearing in playerlist briefly for half a second then leaving again.

:cry::cry::cry:

Inverness
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh, its working now.

Crono
07-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Smooth Inver, real smooth.

Twinny
07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Oi, I was going to do a stress test on Val Dev by simulating 5000 new player logins for the database system that I'm using. I'm guessing maybe I shouldn't have done those 5000 at once since when I did 50 at a time it worked fine.

Anyhow, the NPC-Server froze when I tried and wouldn't shut down or anything so I disconnected it and it wont start anymore other than it appearing in playerlist briefly for half a second then leaving again.

:cry::cry::cry:

Champion effort!!

NPC-Server needs some better ways of handling memory... I've already requested that dynanic memory should be limited... some error catching kinda like C++ instead of it just dying would be great :D

Inverness
07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes I know, stress testing ahead of time for possible future problems after deployment is real smooth. I'll need to design the system so it can unload forms that haven't been accessed for a certain amount of time.

Sulukra
07-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Smooth Inver, real smooth.

When he logged on Val RC and said that he had crashed the ValDev NPC server, I basically said something along the exact same lines.

*Inverness: I broke the npcserver on dev -.-
*Sulukra: oh way to go

Admins
08-20-2007, 11:18 PM
There is a new command /npckill but the new npcserver has not been uploaded to all servers yet, will do it soon.