PDA

View Full Version : F2 log causing severe lag

xXziroXx
07-21-2007, 07:36 AM
When the F2 log gets too "full", it causes severe lag on Graal. I tested this on Zodiac, with the help of other players. Most of the 83 players had experienced the lag since v5 was released, and some of them thought the F2 window was to blame.

So I spammed the crap out of it, and truly I started to lag alot. Note, the lag only appears for a brief second, and only everytime a new message is sent to the F2 log if it's too full. However, when I tried the same thing again after clearing the F2 window, it didn't work. My theory is that it depends on how much text is in the other tabs as well, I really dont know.

Until it's fixed, I've added a script on Zodiac that clears the "Game" window of text when F2LogWindow_Text0.text.length() is more then 10,000.

Angel_Light
07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I just spammed out my f2 log, no lag...

xXziroXx
07-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I tested it some further, and it happens when more then one of the tabs have alot of text in it. Depends from computer to computer too, of course.

Admins
07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Should only happen when the F2 window is open though. Logging 10000 lines to the log is more a bug of the server though, remove the bugs or do not display all the debug information to normal players please.

xXziroXx
07-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Problem on Zodiac is, that everytime someone does a /shout it gets saved in the log - which gets quite a problem with alot of players online.

Twinny
07-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Problem on Zodiac is, that everytime someone does a /shout it gets saved in the log - which gets quite a problem with alot of players online.

Save it to a file. If they wish to view history: they can press a button to open the file ^^

....also wipe the file on login :D