PDA

View Full Version : Graal v5 for Nintendo DS.

OMGosh
07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
When mentioning all the new Gv5 Features and such, Stefan had this to say, What kind of glitches are you speaking of? It is fully backwards compatible and much more optimized

So if this is true Stefan, why can't we release some sort of version of Graal to the open market (once everything is fixed and working)? It would be a GREAT way for the world to find out about Graal and shouldn't be that hard to alter the source code and such.

The Nintendo DS is Wifi compatible but you should concentrate on offline gaming just as much as online gaming.

Just giving ideas. =]
Anyone agree?

Em
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I dont think graal is a viable product when it comes to the main stream..

Angel_Light
07-19-2007, 05:42 PM
It can be it just needs more man-power I guess you could say? The GBC version of Graal was weird but it got the main points out. I would buy it for the DS!

OMGosh
07-19-2007, 06:09 PM
=] What's GBC?? Graal was for GameBoy Color?!

Angel_Light
07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah Graal had a Demo for the GBC :P I think the Games RAM is on the internet somewhere, if you have an GBC emulator you can play it.

Admins
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
A full running version of v5 will not be that simple on DS. The DS only has 4 MByte RAM.

DutchGuy
07-19-2007, 06:18 PM
then let the user decide what should be in, better yet let us make the levels, since we are actually the ones providing graal with gameplay.

OMGosh
07-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree. Let us try Stefan, we're more than willing and it'll be your name on the 'Credits' anyways!!

Switch
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
A full running version of v5 will not be that simple on DS. The DS only has 4 MByte RAM.

Wii?
If you have internet that's wireless you already have internet on the Wii.
WII FTW!
But instead have it full version since a demo would suck for Wii.
:p:p:D

OMGosh
07-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Wii would be more difficult, it would need to have a LOT more things than it does now, DS would be MUCH easier. I, along with many people, have a big TV, this, and even Graal 3D would look terrible on anything much bigger than a 20" screen.

Horrified
07-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Graal isn't really suitable for the mainstream market. I'd say release Graal 3D (from the looks of the graphics currently, it would fit perfectly on the DS) for it, and keep some type of PvP or whatever, but graal is best suited to stay on a computer. G3D, since we know nothing of it's commands, should work perfectly with the DS.

UberModeKappa
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Wii would be more difficult, it would need to have a LOT more things than it does now, DS would be MUCH easier. I, along with many people, have a big TV, this, and even Graal 3D would look terrible on anything much bigger than a 20" screen.

DS would be MUCH harder. The system specs for the ds are way too low. The wii has a relatively cheap dev kit and could handle graal.

Angel_Light
07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Theres pages of documentations on Graal3d on both Graal wikis, we know most of the commands there just not available to us. And why should Graal try to become Mainstream? The have the potential in my opinion.

UberModeKappa
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Theres pages of documentations on Graal3d on both Graal wikis, we know most of the commands there just not available to us. And why should Graal try to become Mainstream? The have the potential in my opinion.
They should try to go mainstream on the 360. Why the 360? The 360 has plenty of graphics power, hard disk space, support for headsets. The biggest reason Graal would be best on the 360 is because it would be the easiest to port to. Garage games has a new torque engine based off of the one graal3d is made up of.

"Because Torque X was written in C# and XNA, you can CodeOnce in C#, then run your game in Windows or on your very own retail XBox 360 using XNA Game Studio Express and the XNA Creators Club."

Sky
07-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Graal on the PSP would be sooo much better... ;0

Butz
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Graal on the PSP would be sooo much better... ;0

People would need to own PSPs for that to look enticing.

coreys
07-19-2007, 10:07 PM
hahaha, niiiice ooonee

And Graal isn't gonna run on a DS with 4 MB RAM.

Sky
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Yea, same with DS though too, and Stefan already mentioned DS only has 5mb of RAM, which would be extremely hard to port to the DS, so the PSP would be the best thing, right? x_x

Inverness
07-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Thats pathetic, they can fit a gig on one stick easily, with 8 chips per stick of RAM each with 128 MB, and they couldn't fit something like that into the DS? Or maybe even if it did have enough memory, the processing power would probably be lacking, same with resolution.

OMGosh
07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Graal doesn't have the support to make it onto a platform system, I believe.
Who the hell COULD or WOULD just make a game for free? Lol, DS or PSP (maybe) although, anyone of us would work on those for free, I'm sure.

Space-wise. You, obviously, don't put ALL the images we have now. You can limit it. And if you're going to make it for online use, as well, limit the amount of levels 2-4 people can share. =]

Like a small GMAP you can edit and add things to.

Angel_Light
07-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Bah PSP sucks, If you barely bump it, the thing shatters. and it's not all that better than the DS.

Sky
07-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Bah PSP sucks, If you barely bump it, the thing shatters. and it's not all that better than the DS.

Do you own a PSP? From the looks of it you don't. I've had mine since it came out and its not broken at all, what are you talking about it shatters if you barely bump it? I love my PSP, it comes everywhere with me, perfect for music, perfect for browsin the web, perfect for gaming, perfect for movies on the road ((when your laptop dies)), and perfect for just about everything else. The DS doesn't even compare to a PSP at all. The PSP beats it in all ways around. I don't understand your "it's not all that better than the DS" lingo, because it definitly ISN'T!

UberModeKappa
07-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Do you own a PSP? From the looks of it you don't. I've had mine since it came out and its not broken at all, what are you talking about it shatters if you barely bump it? I love my PSP, it comes everywhere with me, perfect for music, perfect for browsin the web, perfect for gaming, perfect for movies on the road ((when your laptop dies)), and perfect for just about everything else. The DS doesn't even compare to a PSP at all. The PSP beats it in all ways around. I don't understand your "it's not all that better than the DS" lingo, because it definitly ISN'T!

DS has way better games.

Admins
07-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Technically the PSP is much more advanced, it's better than a PS2 which says a lot. On DS there a lot of nice games though, there is the touch-screen which makes it possible to make some special games which are not possible on the PSP, and it's overall more a game platform, loading of games is instant most of the time while the PSP is more like a PC where it takes some moments to load games or new maps. Both platforms are quite interesting, it almost looks like that they are replacing the stationary game consoles (PS3 etc.) in the future.

CABAL49
07-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Pictochat owns everything the PSP has to offer. I tried a PSP and the way the controls felt just seemed wrong. But for putting Graal on the DS you could take the original Graal the Adventure and break it up into seperate files so it wouldn't be too big. A good amount of people I know have flash cards for thier DS meaning you can store information from the computer onto them.

haunter
07-20-2007, 03:13 AM

There's a memory extension pak out for the DS now that ADDS 8MB of ram... It currently comes packaged with the DS Browser, but I'm sure other games will be taking advantage of it in the future.

But even still, you mean to tell me that you couldn't compile a make of Graal to work on the DS when I can play 3D N64 ports like Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing? 0.o

I must not be understanding how this works.

OMGosh
07-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Yeah, c'mon Stefan! Please try again!! For me? <3 lol Graal DS would so be, for the rest of my life, my favorite game! xD

Em
07-20-2007, 04:46 AM
Isn't being able to chat one of the main aspects of graal ? Without a keyboard.. what is there to do ?

haunter
07-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Isn't being able to chat one of the main aspects of graal ? Without a keyboard.. what is there to do ?
Um... touchscreen control?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Pictochat.png

I find it very easy to type on my DS.

kia345
07-20-2007, 04:48 AM
The DS is already home to a few touchscreen keyboard games. It would work out pretty nicely if the screen didn't require the tiny stylus to press the tiny keyboard buttons.

OMGosh
07-20-2007, 04:58 AM
You people should pay more attention. My main focus is not to get it online, but to make an offline game (with MAYBE an online-feature). My main focus is to attract people to the real game BY USING the DS game. =]

Angel_Light
07-20-2007, 05:37 AM

I and 3 of my friends all bought PSP's (not at the same time) and barely a week after we got them they either broke or just plain old stop working, sent it to sony and they said "Sorry, we can not repair this" and well Sony isn't known for top quality in there gaming department. I dropped my DS from the top of my roof by accident and it's fine, few scratches but works fine, I dropped my PSP onto my bed and it broke x.x

haunter
07-20-2007, 05:38 AM
You people should pay more attention. My main focus is not to get it online, but to make an offline game (with MAYBE an online-feature). My main focus is to attract people to the real game BY USING the DS game. =]

But an online MMO would standout in the current DS line-up. If an MMO is even possible on the DS.

An offline adventure game would just get lost in the ranks. Especially with games like Phantom Hourglass up against it.

Horrified
07-20-2007, 05:38 AM

Why use a DS game then? It's controls will own the PC. I'd say make a GBA game with a small example of each server for a couple bucks, and that will HORDE people onto the game (if done correctly), like you could level up to level 10 in an offline Zodiac, then you could explore the quests and such of Unholy Nation, try out spars with bots on Delteria, just get a little taste of a couple of UN's thriving classic and possibly hosted/gold servers (if there is room, although I could only see ol' west being of good use, as it has bots and such already and could give players a taste of that.)

I don't know if Graal's servers will be used to have 10k+ players online, considering the normal playercount, and how everything was made to be very little players, like events (I mean, all of the events I've played/seen are built for 10-20 players!).

Servers would have to be a LOT more dedicated with events, as well. Applications would have to be removed (who works for free and wants to read 500+ applications for a FAQ or ET hiring?), Mass messages would be insane lag for those who keep it on, Staff would have to be forced to hire more because of such thriving numbers (and most of these players will have to get skills they'll need a year to get experience for; like GS2 and Graphics are skills very few take on succesfully, although jobs like GANIs and Levels will grow pretty simply), and then when we have all these playerse eventually staff will be begging for the horrible <b>pay</b> for all the work they're doing for so many players.

It could work, but it would change graal. A lot. It would become v6 from all the changes (instead of 5.*.*.*)

OMGosh
07-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Lol...not possible. The DS doesn't have a hardrive. It'll be difficult to fit so much onto a cartdrige. MMO isn't possible (unless it's something similar to Animal Crossing) and that gets boring after a while, lol.

zim5354
07-20-2007, 05:57 AM
no kthxbai

Tracker180
07-20-2007, 06:07 AM
umm I haev a reason it couldn't be played on the Wii or DS, it would need some kind of control for the stylus, and how, just HOW would it work on the wii with it's remote? I think it should be an Xbox Live game even though I don't have Xbox Liveunless someone is willing to be genorous...

I dropped my DS from the top of my roof by accident
umm, why would ya be playing with ure DS on a roof?

Angel_Light
07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
umm, why would ya be playing with ure DS on a roof?

Heh it was in my pocket and fell out slid on the roof then fail off into the grass.

And why not make serveral cartridges like Graal: Unholy Nation or Graal: Zone etc ;]

OMGosh
07-20-2007, 06:22 AM
This is getting no where. STEFAN, please just make it, however you'd like. I'd be willing to help anyways I can. =]

Tracker180
07-20-2007, 06:50 AM
make it for Xbox 360 >.< and then make exspansion packs for more servers :D

Crono
07-20-2007, 09:36 AM
You people act like Stefan can instantly make Graal work on multiple consoles.

Why the hell would CJ want to waste so much time porting the game over to consoles when it's not even near perfect on PC? What are you honestly gonna do, chat with more "azndragunqueen"s of UN but instead on your TV/tiny DS/(or PSP) screen?

haunter
07-20-2007, 03:14 PM
You people act like Stefan can instantly make Graal work on multiple consoles.

Why the hell would CJ want to waste so much time porting the game over to consoles when it's not even near perfect on PC? What are you honestly gonna do, chat with more "azndragunqueen"s of UN but instead on your TV/tiny DS/(or PSP) screen?

Eh... I don't think a port would work very well. Just a game based on what's here. No UN, or Zodiac etc... Something different with the same kind of feel as Graal with the Graal name. Something like G2k1 with many more quests.

cbk1994
07-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm wondering why you guys want Graal to work on the Wii? It's stationary, and you'd have to have a Wi-Fi network anyway, so just turn on your computer?

Inverness
07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Graal really isn't the kind of game to work on anything but the PC. Graal is also an online community and one of the things you need to do is to be able to chat, substitutes for a real keyboard aren't that good. If you want to play an offline version of Graal go play Zelda.

OMGosh
07-21-2007, 05:03 AM
I said the FOCUS is to make it OFFLINE, sthu about WIFI.

UberModeKappa
07-21-2007, 07:26 AM
I said the FOCUS is to make it OFFLINE, sthu about WIFI.

The game is called Graal Online for a reason.

Angel_Light
07-21-2007, 07:28 AM
but first there was an offline version, I believe there was.... at least I think thats what my cousin told me.... o well, be neat to have an offline one anyways. Oh and I don't use the Wii's WIFI, LAN Cable is best :cool:

D4rKv310c1ty
07-21-2007, 02:31 PM
but first there was an offline version, I believe there was.... at least I think thats what my cousin told me.... o well, be neat to have an offline one anyways. Oh and I don't use the Wii's WIFI, LAN Cable is best :cool:

The Wii doesn't have an ethernet socket?

Why the hell would you want an offline version of an online game? The main attraction of Graal is the development of playerworlds, it's community, it's players and all the other online features that come with it.

What's the point of making an "RPG" offline version of it. Makes no sense whatsoever to me, just so you can snuggle up in bed with your DS at night and play some Graal?

I've read a million threads like this, about how Stefan should develop a multi-platform version of Graal.

Conclusion of all of them.
Not going to happen.

Gerami is correct in saying that it's still got problems on the PC, there's hundreds of threads (maybe exaggerating a little) in the support section created daily due to errors and bugs.

I mean, if it's so "easy" to port it to Xbox, why don't you just do that yourself then?

An offline version just completely defies the point of Graal. Full stop.

zim5354
07-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I and 3 of my friends all bought PSP's (not at the same time) and barely a week after we got them they either broke or just plain old stop working, sent it to sony and they said "Sorry, we can not repair this" and well Sony isn't known for top quality in there gaming department. I dropped my DS from the top of my roof by accident and it's fine, few scratches but works fine, I dropped my PSP onto my bed and it broke x.x

Wow, your retarded

I have had mine for years and it still works perfectly fine.

Your a damn lier they will repair they will just charge you.

Why the hell were you on your roof screwing with a DS.

Oh thats funny because I have done the same thing and its fine, hell I dropped it on the kitchen floor a once and its good.

Get your **** sorted out and next time actually own the ****ing thing before you try and flame it.

kia345
07-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, your retarded

Oh thats funny because I have done the same thing and its fine, hell I dropped it on the kitchen floor a once and its good.

Get your **** sorted out and next time actually own the ****ing thing before you try and flame it.

My first psp was broke when I got it, and they said I damaged and it and made me pay half price for another one. The other fell off my lap on the bus and hit the floor (ohmygod, less than 2 foot drop) and broke. They wouldn't repair/refund it.

TheJames
07-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I play graal from my TV screen. Works fine.

CABAL49
07-22-2007, 06:27 AM
I play graal from my TV screen. Works fine.

I watch TV on my computer :p. Might as well get Zelda, Graal is based off Zelda anyways.

Thrashsoul3
07-22-2007, 07:44 AM
PSP Homebrew = PS2, Nintendo 64, PSP, and Super Nintendo. Sorry DS, PSP HOMEBREW FTW

kia345
07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
You're right, homebrew is only obtainable on a PSP.

Shut up, it's possible on most systems.

PrinceOfKenshin
07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Well i just got a job working as an animation designer for a new DS game i can talk to the head guy and ask him his opinion on this subject and if the ds is even capable of having graal = )

Angel_Light
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM

First, The Wii has ethernet on the back below the two USB sockets x.x

Sony said they would not repair it and told me to go buy another one, full price, so I didn't.

My step Dad need me on the roof, I was playing Pearl on the Ds turned it off and put the DS in my pocket, when I bent down on roof to help my step Dad it fell out my pocket and slid off.

OMGosh
07-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, you've all gone WAY off track. Nobody else post until you've got a working version of Graal (with your own levels and such) on a PSP, DS, or any other platform system. Just please, SHUT UP or Stefan will ignore my request. =/

kia345
07-22-2007, 10:58 PM
It won't happen anyways.

Angel_Light
07-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I can probably make a Graal version for my TI Calculator, WOOT!!! GO TI-BASIC!!!!

OMGosh
07-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Do it. Just show youtube and or imageshack.us proof that you can make a Graal program for ANYTHING.

coreys
07-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Wow, your retarded

Just because you want what he said to go away, doesn't mean it isn't true. Don't senselessly flame him for his troubles with the PSP.

By the way, you spelled "liar" wrong.

haunter
07-25-2007, 02:42 AM
First, The Wii has ethernet on the back below the two USB sockets x.x

Have you ever even seen one of these machines?

Angel_Light
07-25-2007, 02:44 AM
bah, mine has it. o.O

UberModeKappa
07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
bah, mine has it. o.O

Pics?

OMGosh
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Lol...lemme see!

haunter
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
bah, mine has it. o.O

Right... You just keep digging your hole deeper.

Angel_Light
07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Quit being an a-hole, and yes mine does. It is just that it's about 500 miles away. I'm up in TN with my Dad and it's down in Florida with my mom. I'm going back down there Wednesday, you'll get your pic then.

UberModeKappa
07-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Here is my wii.

zim5354
07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Just because you want what he said to go away, doesn't mean it isn't true. Don't senselessly flame him for his troubles with the PSP.

By the way, you spelled "liar" wrong.

OH MY GOD GRAMMAR POLICE! YOUR SO KEWL KAN i JOIN!?!?

I'm not flaming him because of his "troubles" I'm flaming him because hes a ZOMFG DID I SPELL IT RIGHT LIAR! I dropped my PSP on harder surfaces then him, my friend has dropped his on the sidewalk when I was with him and ours both still work. I have a hard time believing him that he dropped it on his damn bed and it screwed up, it boils down to him being a Nintendo fan boy and getting pissed and making **** up so Stefan wont port it to the PSP or will port it to the DS. Now kindly go choke on **** and die.

Angel_Light
07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey, I'm all for porting it to the PSP, if it will get revenue for Cyberjouer, I never said I was against that, I was asying Sony isnt known for High quality in there gaming department. It be best for Graal to make for both DS and PSP to reach all crowds of players. :o

Twinny
07-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Now kindly go choke on **** and die.

Oh yes. This will surely pass you off as an intellectual. People will be sure to value your opinion after this!

:whatever:

zim5354
07-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh yes. This will surely pass you off as an intellectual. People will be sure to value your opinion after this!

:whatever:

Do you honestly think I care what the people on these forums think? I never presented myself as an intellectual so I really don't give a flying ****. If I wanted to be a pseudo intellectual I would go buy some Star bucks coffee and hang around a bookstore fiddling with my laptop.

kia345
07-26-2007, 01:07 AM
OH MY GOD GRAMMAR POLICE! YOUR SO KEWL KAN i JOIN!?!?

I'm not flaming him because of his "troubles" I'm flaming him because hes a ZOMFG DID I SPELL IT RIGHT LIAR! I dropped my PSP on harder surfaces then him, my friend has dropped his on the sidewalk when I was with him and ours both still work. I have a hard time believing him that he dropped it on his damn bed and it screwed up, it boils down to him being a Nintendo fan boy and getting pissed and making **** up so Stefan wont port it to the PSP or will port it to the DS. Now kindly go choke on **** and die.

Then you got lucky, mine died in a two foot drop and the other died in 3 hours car ride in a glove compartment (coincidently, the DS, which wasn't safe in a box and was in glove compartment with the unopened psp didn't break at all).

[EDIT:] Doesn't the Wii have built in WiFi?

Inverness
07-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Graal is not going to the DS, end.

Angel_Light
07-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Graal is not going to the DS, end.

We'll see. ;]

haunter
07-26-2007, 02:59 AM
[EDIT:] Doesn't the Wii have built in WiFi?

Yes. It does not however have a built in IEEE 802.3 port.

Twinny
07-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Yes. It does not however have a built in IEEE port.

A built in IEEE port? The heck? Do you mean a built in ethernet port which meets the IEEE's set standards (802.3 for the boffins :D)?

IEEE sets the standards....

[Edit]: I suppose you could have meant a firewire port but you should put 1394 IEEE port or just firewire :p

zim5354
07-26-2007, 04:53 AM
We'll see. ;]

Didn't Stefan say it would be impossible because of the lack of ram?

haunter
07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
A built in IEEE port? The heck? Do you mean a built in ethernet port which meets the IEEE's set standards (802.3 for the boffins :D)?

IEEE sets the standards....

[Edit]: I suppose you could have meant a firewire port but you should put 1394 IEEE port or just firewire :p

Yes yes yes. 802.3... If I said "built in ethernet" I figured he might try to pull "But it has USB which can be used 4 ethernet!"

Angel_Light
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Didn't Stefan say it would be impossible because of the lack of ram?

No, he said it would be hard maybe but not impossible. Nothing is impossible. ;]

Yes yes yes. 802.3... If I said "built in ethernet" I figured he might try to pull "But it has USB which can be used 4 ethernet!"

No I don't have the USB thing for ethernet, it's just a regular cable port right below the two USB ports.

MysticX2X
07-26-2007, 06:41 PM
If graal takes up way more than 5 mb ram on here? What makes you think it would happen on the ds. Not to mention its useless if you have to buy a supercard or a R4DS which will cause you 10's of dollars to buy. Just doesnt seem worth it. Not to mention for my ds to be in a wireless zone, i'd have to be at home. Meaning which i can use my computer.

Twinny
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
USB is not ethernet!! Gah!

UberModeKappa
07-26-2007, 09:07 PM
No I don't have the USB thing for ethernet, it's just a regular cable port right below the two USB ports.

Pics?

haunter
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
USB is not ethernet!! Gah!

I know, but there is an adapter for USB to Ethernet (ieee 802.3) meaning he could've tried to say "lol i meant i use the cord that goes from USB to Ethernet so my USB is like built in ethernet"... But he's already thrown that idea out the window.

Im still curious to see this magic Wii model.

Angel_Light
07-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Next wednesday when I return home I'll get the pic. And Haunter is correct it's Not the USB to ethernet chord thing.

UberModeKappa
07-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Next wednesday when I return home I'll get the pic. And Haunter is correct it's Not the USB to ethernet chord thing.

Do you have a dev kit?

D4rKv310c1ty
07-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Graal for DS is not going to happen, finito.

Angel_Light
07-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Dev kit? I guess not. It really wouldnt be that hard to port Graal to anything. They will just need to remove certain parts of the game that will be never used.

D4rKv310c1ty
07-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Dev kit? I guess not. It really wouldnt be that hard to port Graal to anything. They will just need to remove certain parts of the game that will be never used.

Dev kit, Schmev kit. You can make an offline version but (this has been said already) it defies the point of Graal online and most probably will be a cheap rip of Zelda.

Stefans already said, the DS just simply can't handle the page memory overflow.
NO.

haunter
07-27-2007, 03:29 AM
I was just reading a wiki article about MapleStory DS which is due out in Korea in September. It will mark the first MMO on the DS (or a handheld for that matter?) I wonder what the systems reqs for MapleStory's PC version are compared to Graal's...

Hmm. But according to the info on Wikipedia MapleStory DS will only support up to "2-4 player party mode" which isn't very "MMO"

D4rKv310c1ty
07-27-2007, 04:51 AM
I was just reading a wiki article about MapleStory DS which is due out in Korea in September. It will mark the first MMO on the DS (or a handheld for that matter?) I wonder what the systems reqs for MapleStory's PC version are compared to Graal's...

Hmm. But according to the info on Wikipedia MapleStory DS will only support up to "2-4 player party mode" which isn't very "MMO"

It's not always about reqs. Alot of it is coding too, even so in some levels and areas Graal could easily crash a system DS because it would overflow it's memory too much.

OMGosh
07-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Dev kit, Schmev kit. You can make an offline version but (this has been said already) it defies the point of Graal online and most probably will be a cheap rip of Zelda.

Stefans already said, the DS just simply can't handle the page memory overflow.
NO.

If you've got nothing to contribute about Graal being put out on a system as an offline adventure game, don't say anything at all. You're going WAY off topic. It would be used as a promotion/marketting strategy for the REAL Graal. Also, how could it NOT be a knock-off of Zelda, it used to be called "Zelda Online Adventures," Graal wouldn't exist if it didn't look so Zelda-like.

Stop going off topic, you're all bothering me. More for Stefan to read means less to be done.

(If you disagree, and think nothing will happen, SHUT UP because nobody here gives a crap about your opinion.)

Good Day/Night.

MysticX2X
07-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Well i been lookin at this ds web browser that was just recently released. It includes a ram expansion of 8mb that will connect in the gba slot. Search "Nintendo_DS_Memory_Expansion_Pak" in wikipedia for more information. The new Ds web browser supports java but not flash :(

Whoopsie, haunter mentioned the memory extension. But he didnt mention the browsers capability!

It wouldve been cool if the ds browser could take some media but it says it cant support videos so thats a bummer.

Crono
07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
(If you disagree, and think nothing will happen, SHUT UP because nobody here gives a crap about your opinion.)

Like anyone cares about your opinion even if you agree?

D4rKv310c1ty
07-27-2007, 03:44 PM
If you've got nothing to contribute about Graal being put out on a system as an offline adventure game, don't say anything at all. You're going WAY off topic. It would be used as a promotion/marketting strategy for the REAL Graal. Also, how could it NOT be a knock-off of Zelda, it used to be called "Zelda Online Adventures," Graal wouldn't exist if it didn't look so Zelda-like.

Stop going off topic, you're all bothering me. More for Stefan to read means less to be done.

Good Day/Night.

Like Gerami said, who cares about your oppinion if "no one" cares about ours.

It doesn't matter how much Stefan reads, it's still
Not-Going-To-Be-Done.

Exactly, so if there's already a real Zelda out and Graal obviously being majorly influenced by Zelda it wouldn't do Graal any good in the first place. Players will notice that it is a cheap rip of Zelda and the offline version wouldn't proceed at all in the first place in the retail market.

Go ahead, make cheap offline versions with all your fancy so-called Dev kits, and then eventually distribute it as a free ROM, because at the end of the day it's going to stay as a free ROM and it'd infringe copyright laws if anyone else other than Linux Cyberjouers sold it as a properly packaged retail version.

OK, talking about Mystic. 4MB of Memory added onto the expansion 8MB is still 12MB. That is far from enough for an online version of Graal online to be ported to a DS. Although this inspires hope in that someone could create a device which holds a large amount of memory at this moment of time, there is none.

Get it into your head OMGosh, it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Atleast not for a system like DS. I'm not saying I personally dislike the DS, I love it. I have one myself and even an emulator card to play rips and etc, but it's system is too weak for the Graal client and could easily crash at any point.

Maybe, just maybe it'll be easier to port to Xbox as there is a keyboard peripheral that you can buy for it, but what with the Xbox slowly morphing into a computer system you may iswell just sit at your desk and thrash the S button whilst posting rant threads about GK on the forums (which is what Graal mostly consists of).

Even if it was ported, the game pad controller would still prove inconvenience. It'd simply be too hard to play with, I once used a PS2 similar looking controller (USB) on the PC and tried to play to Graal, result? Too hard.

Just no..
NO.

zim5354
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Even if it was ported, the game pad controller would still prove inconvenience. It'd simply be too hard to play with, I once used a PS2 similar looking controller (USB) on the PC and tried to play to Graal, result? Too hard.

Just no..
NO.

You could always play with the D pad, I doubt this will happen though.

cbk1994
07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Not-Going-To-Be-Done.
free
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
NO.

Nice use of bold, capitals, and large letters ^^

D4rKv310c1ty
07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Nice use of bold, capitals, and large letters ^^

Thank you.

CABAL49
07-27-2007, 08:05 PM
I have a solution.42198

Twinny
07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Technically I think Nintendo's only qualm with 'Zelda Online' was the fact that it was called 'Zelda Online'. Now there isn't that many similarities. Unless Nintendo hold a grudge, I don't think this will stop it.

I think time, finances and hardware will prevent this project.

OMGosh
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Can that 'Darkvelocity' person be banned from this thread? He's not contributing at all. Who the hell would go and play a 2d-ish game on an xbox?

That's like releasing Pong for the PS3. Wtf?

MysticX2X
07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Why would they need to waste their time porting it to DS? If they could be using that time fixing v5, finishing graal 3d, etc.

If i was in any wireless zone, itd be my house and i could just play graal on my laptop.

OMGosh
07-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Graal 3D was a failure. As I told you, and everyone else before, this is not to target already-playing players, it's to target non-players and get them to play.

Twinny
07-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Graal 3D was a failure. As I told you, and everyone else before, this is not to target already-playing players, it's to target non-players and get them to play.

Finishing the current projects and looking into advertising would also target non-players...probably alot more effectively.

UberModeKappa
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM

You're coming off as a know-it-all (douche bag).

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

D4rKv310c1ty
07-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Can that 'Darkvelocity' person be banned from this thread? He's not contributing at all. Who the hell would go and play a 2d-ish game on an xbox?

That's like releasing Pong for the PS3. Wtf?

Please don't turn yourself into another another "Excaliber7388" or whatever.

We all know what happened to him, he was the one that got banned because he was being arrogant and making the community miserable.

What i'm saying however is things already noted from previous threads such as this MAINLY because it has alot of sense behind it.

I think you'll see I am contributing to it quite a fair bit, I'm stating the negative of a .. well... non-existent positive.

NO.

MysticX2X
07-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Why's secret still fighting the cause for this. Its already been stated it wont happen not to mention im not paying money to buy a supercard for the ds also not to mention they would prioritize any updates to graal or graal3d before porting it over to a sytem 5 people would use for a day.

Twinny
07-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Why's secret still fighting the cause for this. Its already been stated it wont happen not to mention im not paying money to buy a supercard for the ds also not to mention they would prioritize any updates to graal or graal3d before porting it over to a sytem 5 people would use for a day.

He has a nice combination of ignorance and arrogance going ^^. Let Stefan finish his current projects before doing something stupid like Graal for DS.

D4rKv310c1ty
07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
I just hope this is the last of these "multi-platform" threads because it does actually give me a headache.

OMGosh
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Please don't turn yourself into another another "Excaliber7388" or whatever.

We all know what happened to him, he was the one that got banned because he was being arrogant and making the community miserable.

What i'm saying however is things already noted from previous threads such as this MAINLY because it has alot of sense behind it.

I think you'll see I am contributing to it quite a fair bit, I'm stating the negative of a .. well... non-existent positive.

NO.

Are you kidding me? Excalibur was a good friend of mine, I applaud him for his efforts.

You think that if Nintendo were to announce of this new adventure game that nobody would come play the real game? Be realistic, if Nintendo were to say they were coming out with an attachment for the DS that breaks your screens and prevents cancer, it would STILL sell more than anything Graal could try to sell.

Twinny
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Are you kidding me? Excalibur was a good friend of mine, I applaud him for his efforts.

This explains so much...

You want Stefan to put a hold on a project with far more players just to make a game on a far inferior system just so people can play it when they can't get on the internet.

You say you want to reach a new market. How about they concentrate on the current market? It is far larger and mostly untapped. Developing the game to work well with a DS would waste time better spent on their current projects.

D4rKv310c1ty
07-31-2007, 01:15 AM

You think that if Nintendo were to announce of this new adventure game that nobody would come play the real game? Be realistic, if Nintendo were to say they were coming out with an attachment for the DS that breaks your screens and prevents cancer, it would STILL sell more than anything Graal could try to sell.

Christ, now I know where you get the arrogance from...

His efforts? What to make Mac users more priviledged on his barely surviving playerworld? Chyeah, nice one there dimwit. His problem was mainly ignorance and that he lacked acceptance of other peoples choices. i.e. People chose the PC for specific reasons over the Mac. Maybe work purposes or development choices, i.e. Mac not having development tools and Windows does.

How about you be fair? Nintendo Vs Linux Cyberjouers, nice one..

It's no point LC approaching a new market they are not qualified in.

I remembered quite a good analogy once from a different thread that Graal in E3 would be like a pretzel at a cookie convention. Just shows that LC is truly not big enough or wealthy enough to create an offline DS RPG based on their current PC online version.

Sheen_the_mage
07-31-2007, 01:49 AM
If graal was on the ds....I'd use my AR DS >=D

D4rKv310c1ty
07-31-2007, 03:13 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot something too...

NO.

KyleNicholson
07-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Be nice if the top screen was like playerlist, options, and etc which you can get to by pressing select switching to the top screen. Bottom screen would be the server itself where you can tap another player to see their profile on the top screen. Except I don't know the speed of the game on a handheld like the DS sinced I used the Internet Browser and thats not the fastest thing.

D4rKv310c1ty
07-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Be nice if the top screen was like playerlist, options, and etc which you can get to by pressing select switching to the top screen. Bottom screen would be the server itself where you can tap another player to see their profile on the top screen. Except I don't know the speed of the game on a handheld like the DS sinced I used the Internet Browser and thats not the fastest thing.

Sure, I could share my fantasies of what Graal could be like on the DS, but the fact that the DS is not powerful enough for it is an absoulute...

NO.

How many times do you want me to get that into your miniscule minds?

KyleNicholson
07-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Sure, I could share my fantasies of what Graal could be like on the DS, but the fact that the DS is not powerful enough for it is an absoulute...

NO.

How many times do you want me to get that into your miniscule minds?

I know that silly, just giving suggestions to those who still have hope in it.

kia345
07-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Don't give them suggestions, then they'll never shut up.

grawlgamer
07-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah this is the first time I've even bothered to come to this thread because I knew it wasn't possible..

D4rKv310c1ty
08-01-2007, 02:37 AM
I know that silly, just giving suggestions to those who still have hope in it.

I know, I know, I know...

But,
NO.

MysticX2X
08-02-2007, 07:26 AM

Theres a guy on classic called *Excalibur guys. He isnt the excaliber7388 that darkvelocity was talking about.

UberModeKappa
08-02-2007, 08:23 AM

Pictures now?

Darklux
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Stop the post, it has evolved into a spam post.

Even the homebrew ds-linux with a ultralight kernel breaks down if you have no ram extension.

Graal DS is possible, but wouldnt be compatible to current graal at all, as all those new technics would require too much ram.
Even a m3 with 32 mb ram cant cover that.

Yet a graal in the size and with the effects of a very early version could be possible, but stefan has better things to take care of, seriously.

comet
08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Make a poll.
kkthnxbai

HitmanJ2XX
08-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Not trying to break rules or anything, (and this is relevant) but MapleStory has an NDS title coming out thats supposed to either A) be a DS only clone of the real game, or B) actually be able to sync to the original version.

haunter
08-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Not trying to break rules or anything, (and this is relevant) but MapleStory has an NDS title coming out thats supposed to either A) be a DS only clone of the real game, or B) actually be able to sync to the original version.

I'm 85 to 100% sure that I posted this already.

Anyway I'm still waiting on those pictures from Angel_Light.

CABAL49
08-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Let it go, this thread hasn't been on topic for over 5 pages. Stefan said no, end of story.

haunter
08-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Let it go, this thread hasn't been on topic for over 5 pages. Stefan said no, end of story.

He didn't say no. He said "it wouldn't be simple". He also posted this in another thread about a PSP version. (click the blue box in the quote to go to the thread)

I think we will announce something for that soon :D

So clearly the idea of a version of Graal (whether it be a V5 port, or a whole new build; we don't know) is not dead in his mind.

Personally I think a portable version of Graal is possible. Thought probable I don't know.

But all that doesn't matter now. The most important thing in this thread is be catching a glimpse of that awesome one of a kind Wii.

zokemon
08-03-2007, 06:10 AM
I personnaly don't want Graal ported. If it is then I have to get a damn DS and/or PSP to test and make sure all my scripts work right. v5 alone just for windows almost killed my whole server.

UberModeKappa
08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyway I'm still waiting on those pictures from Angel_Light.

Ditto!

D4rKv310c1ty
08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Make a poll.
kkthnxbai

What help would that do, the pure logic of it is that the console just can't handle it.

NO.

D4rKv310c1ty
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Just let this thread die already, it has nothing to go on. The answer is so clear.

k_killar
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
What about the psp?

zim5354
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
What about the psp?

he said he was working on a PSP port, although I doubt it will happen.

k_killar
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
he said he was working on a PSP port, although I doubt it will happen.next the iphone

zim5354
08-04-2007, 03:15 AM
next the iphone

Lack of keyboard :*(

k_killar
08-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Lack of keyboard :*( lol
, what about.......xbox/Gaming Systems

Crono
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
hey guys what about game gear ^___________^

D4rKv310c1ty
08-04-2007, 05:24 PM
he said he was working on a PSP port, although I doubt it will happen.

The PSP port might seem a little more realistic though. The device has alot more potential for expansion what with the USB port and Memory slot.

Even still though, the development of it would be extremely unlikely.

Twinny
08-04-2007, 07:12 PM
hey guys what about game gear ^___________^

I want it on my Neo Geo, dammit!!! A Commodore 64 version would be swell as well.

D4rKv310c1ty
08-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I want it on my Neo Geo, dammit!!! A Commodore 64 version would be swell as well.

If only ;)

Skyld
08-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Devices like the PSP and some Windows Mobile devices (such as those with mobile graphics acceleration chips like the Toshiba E800, Axim X51v, and some newer devices) are more suitable platforms than the Nintendo DS I guess, since they have more system resources available.

D4rKv310c1ty
08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Devices like the PSP and some Windows Mobile devices (such as those with mobile graphics acceleration chips like the Toshiba E800, Axim X51v, and some newer devices) are more suitable platforms than the Nintendo DS I guess, since they have more system resources available.

They do.

Angel_Light
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I'll get the picture within the hour, I need to find my camera, one sec. x.x

UberModeKappa
08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll get the picture within the hour, I need to find my camera, one sec. x.x

Woot! Can't wait for this picture.

Angel_Light
08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
gah, gotta go to band camp and I cant find my Camera. x.x I'l have it tonight or in the morning, sorry guys, gtg cya

haunter
08-06-2007, 11:38 PM
gah, gotta go to band camp and I cant find my Camera. x.x I'l have it tonight or in the morning, sorry guys, gtg cya

:ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES: :ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES: :ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES: :ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES: :ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES: :ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES:

ETC ETC ETC

UberModeKappa
08-07-2007, 12:02 AM

Stall more!

haunter
08-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Still waiting for those awesome Wii pics.

UberModeKappa
08-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Still waiting for those awesome Wii pics.

:D ME TOO!!!! :cool:

Googi
08-08-2007, 05:02 AM
You could probably make Graal for the Wii by using the Internet Channel and running your computer as a webserver to allow interaction with the Graal executable via some sort of flash interface, but why would you want to? I thought the point of Graal GBA was to create a standalone game that could sell well enough to generate a profit/bring attention to Graal Online. If it didn't happen on the GBA it isn't going to happen on the DS or Wii (which are harder to develop for.)

haunter
08-08-2007, 05:38 AM
You could probably make Graal for the Wii by using the Internet Channel and running your computer as a webserver to allow interaction with the Graal executable via some sort of flash interface, but why would you want to? I thought the point of Graal GBA was to create a standalone game that could sell well enough to generate a profit/bring attention to Graal Online. If it didn't happen on the GBA it isn't going to happen on the DS or Wii (which are harder to develop for.)

I thought the whole Homebrew thing made the DS a lot easier to develop for. :confused:

And Nintendo is starting to release Wii dev kits to indie developers for practically nothing.

Googi
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
I thought the whole Homebrew thing made the DS a lot easier to develop for. :confused:

And Nintendo is starting to release Wii dev kits to indie developers for practically nothing.

I mean harder to develop for in terms of programming, GFX design, etc. Not harder in terms of difficulty of getting permission to develop for.

haunter
08-11-2007, 11:26 PM

*insert Jepoardy music*

UberModeKappa
08-14-2007, 11:53 PM
*insert Jepoardy music*

So I guess we're not going to see this Wii.

haunter
08-14-2007, 11:57 PM
So I guess we're not going to see this Wii.
I asked him about this... He says he has to find his camera. :rolleyes: his room is messy. :rolleyes: It's bad enough that he wouldn't believe us to begin with (while he was away from his wii) but it's even worse that he won't just admit that he was incorrect after finding out first hand (after he got back home).

D4rKv310c1ty
08-15-2007, 01:32 AM
I asked him about this... He says he has to find his camera. :rolleyes: his room is messy. :rolleyes: It's bad enough that he wouldn't believe us to begin with (while he was away from his wii) but it's even worse that he won't just admit that he was incorrect after finding out first hand (after he got back home).

What are we trying to prove him wrong about again?

I've completely forgotten.

haunter
08-15-2007, 03:02 AM
What are we trying to prove him wrong about again?

I've completely forgotten.
He insists that his Wii console has a built in ethernet port.

OMGosh
08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Someone should lock this thread already. Apperantly, these people have the attention span of af an insect since they can't seem to focus on bringing people to Graal by any means.

UberModeKappa
08-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Someone should lock this thread already. Apperantly, these people have the attention span of af an insect since they can't seem to focus on bringing people to Graal by any means.

Spell check, bra.

haunter
08-16-2007, 01:03 AM

This thread serves a greater purpose now.

D4rKv310c1ty
08-16-2007, 03:54 AM

Your already said-thread, brought nothing to the people of Graal itself so quit moaning. You got our attention, so much that your god forsaken thread lead on for several pages but the answer has been seen several times before.

You want me to say it again? Eh? Eh?

NO.

Let me refrain why.

The Nintendo DS Entertainment Console (yes how patronizing do you want me to be?) lacks the hardware and specifications to power a ported Graal client with stability and speed (without lag.)

BUT yes.. there is a but, there was the possibility that it could happen with expansion cartridges but even with the official Nintendo version of the expansion cartridge it would still not extend the page memory enough for Graal to function correctly.

IF and I mean IF there was any chance that Stefan had the determination and perfect logic behind wanting to create any kind of Nintendo Dual-Screen version, he would have to invest time and money into getting equipment and knowledge for producing such a product.

But sure, feel welcome to make some poorly made homebrew third-party version just aslong as you give all credit and display the copyright of GraalOnline within it.

haunter
08-17-2007, 03:11 AM
I think we may have to crusade for these elite wii pix.

Angel_Light
08-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Well guys, you wanna know how good my luck is... I found my wii, I found my camera, amazingly, this all good, but now I can't find my USB cable for it. XD I'll go to the store after school tomorrow to get one. :P

D4rKv310c1ty
08-22-2007, 04:23 AM
http://nintenblog.free.fr/images/2006/wii/wii_branchement_game_watch_e3_20060518.jpg

The back of a standard Wii.

I see no ethernetz.

UberModeKappa
08-23-2007, 02:43 AM
And the mystery continues to be as is, a mystery.

Angel_Light
08-23-2007, 04:03 AM
>_>

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s35/JexVaria/wii.png

kia345
08-23-2007, 04:29 AM
I lol'd, the only reason I kept checking this thread was to see that.

UberModeKappa
08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
>_>

Now lets see the front and the back using a mirror and shots of the back at different angles.

oo_jazz_oo
08-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Wii ethernet kit (http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147074)
There, nintendos coming out with a ethernet kit.
Now is everyone happy?

UberModeKappa
08-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Wii ethernet kit (http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147074)
There, nintendos coming out with a ethernet kit.
Now is everyone happy?

That article is from October 2006, before the Wii came out!
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/802615b.jpg
Thats a USB NIC that is for the Wii.

D4rKv310c1ty
08-24-2007, 01:01 PM
>_>

Obviously photoshopped ;) LOLOLOL.