PDA

View Full Version : Built in Client-RC

MysticalDragon
07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I've noticed that Graal V5 has a built in Client-RC.Can this client rc be abused in the same way Kuji Managed to abuse it???
Thats not the bug I discovered just a curious question that i felt had to be addressed.

Anyways, How come everyone that has Client-RC basically has NC with no Folder rights? Staff members withOUT NC are allowed to look through the NPCW ,NPC and Classes? How come? Also if they DON'T have NC but accidentally ended up with the folders of NC, they can access all the scripts.Why? Whats the point of the NC right if this is the case?

PrinceOfKenshin
07-17-2007, 07:52 PM
They don't have access to the folders...You can set that with their rights to have NC rights or not. Just because they see the buttons and can open it doesn't mean anything they still don't have rights to look at the script all they will see is the name of stuff and that doesn't really mean anything.

MysticalDragon
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
k well your not understanding me, what If I DON'T want them to be able to view even the NPCW Names? Even if they don't have the right NC, they an view the scripts by just having the folders. I think client-rc should act just the same as Regular RC.I don't think mere ETs should be able to view the items names. This also raises the corruptness of Lower Staff members.Normally they don't know the item name to add it, but now they can view the whole NPCW list without even having NC.

Admins
07-17-2007, 08:31 PM
The scripted RC is now restricted to authorized scripts, so local staff cannot manipulate it anymore.
I will check the weapon/script list problem.

DustyPorViva
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Suggestion. Can we have some way of changing text color? With the addition of custom gui skins in Graal, not being able to specify the text color is a big drawback. My current GUI uses a white background, so with white text in the RC(in everything but the chat window) it makes it near impossible to work with. Even a simple toggle black/white text would suffice for nearly most, I believe.

dNeonb
07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
If you use the Toon-Guistyle the client rc can almost not be used.
It's impossible to read the font in the filedrowser and the other windows from the nc. The scrollbars also do not work correctly with this style.
Maybe that should be fixed because the Toonstyle is downloaded by default.

Update: posted 1 minute to late it seems.
Actually I wanted to add that it would be quite nice to have some RC emotion like the CTRL+J for PM that automatically shows up if you use the client rc and hides if you close the window.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-18-2007, 04:19 AM
You can add a blank "-ScriptedRC" to the NPC-Weapons. That's what Inverness did to get rid of it on ValDev.

MysticalDragon
07-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Thats a good idea if you didn't want it to be on your server, however thats not an issue here. I'm complaining about how Staff without NC can view NPCW names and Staff with just the folders to NC and not the actual right can view the scripts. This situation needs to be corrected for the playerworlds THAT do use this Built in Scripted RC.

OMGosh
07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
This is just going in circles. Wait for Stefan to re-read. xD
Give him a few days.