PDA

View Full Version : Graal Kingdoms Shop

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Might as well do this for Graal Kingdoms. People USD anyways.

I was thinking of a list of things you could sell along with the subscription. They could include things like

- House Kit
- Horned Shield
- Flaming Sword
- scythe, axe, pickaxe
- 5 low level spells
- 5 basic skill scrolls (including piety)
- 5 basic recipes
- 25 diamonds

now for us more advanced maybe

- 5 hard to get recipes
- Ice Dagger/Flaming Ice Dagger
- 100 diamonds
- Full Helmet of Might

Maybe offer a Ice Shield or a High Shield of Deflection

Just a thought but since USDing is going on anyways might as well make some money for it.

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I like the idea of house kits, etc.

However, I don't think diamonds should be sold and if good gear is sold then it should only be sold in that shop or so. People could just buy multiple FiDs or a lot of diamonds and trade that for a ton of good gear.

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I like the idea of house kits, etc.

However, I don't think diamonds should be sold and if good gear is sold then it should only be sold in that shop or so. People could just buy multiple FiDs or a lot of diamonds and trade that for a ton of good gear.

Well the dias and FiD's can be taken off. Remember this is just a suggestion too Vulcan..lol.

gravator
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Having to buy skill scrolls sounds like a fantastic idea to me, some people already have the skills, and it would make the classes useful once again. :cool:

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Hmmm gotta love the good response (minus Crow).

Yeah I think the skill scrolls would help a lot of people out because its a pain to get them. You need at least 20k to even get one or two. Well in the shop in harmonia.

hampy
07-14-2007, 05:15 PM
no.

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Also had the idea maybe of Sapphires and Rubies too.

dNeonb
07-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think diamonds are a good idea for such a shop but things like houseupgrades would be quite fine.

Twinny
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I think USD should only be used for cosmetic permanent purchases. Things that don't actually do anything but are sought after. They should be restricted from trade.

cbk1994
07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I think USD should be for ... nothing.

Players USD enough. If we make it so anyone can buy items from a shop with Gelats, then we'll lose what little economy GK actually has.

cyan3
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I do not agree with this idea, Not the economy is not all that good but this will make it worse and maybe people will start to quit GK because of it.

Rescate
07-14-2007, 10:46 PM
When you start graal kindom its impossible to get good items unless you got really rich friends its really hard i think this would increase the player count by alot maybe lose like 2 to 3 oldbies from there but gain like 15 players

Cubical
07-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Everyone already has, They need updates like more content. Imo there hasn't been anything good since the new magic system.

coreys
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Well I'm already pretty against the shop thing, I think it should at least be highly restricted. Meaning you can only get a few things, and they should be at a price where a normal person isn't going to buy a lot. I do like the idea of including some items with a account subscription, though.

Crow
07-14-2007, 11:32 PM
and maybe people will start to quit GK because of it.

You are talking about those 8 - 12 peeps which are left, right? :D

Switch
07-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, he is.
And then another 50 peeps will come/back xD

kia345
07-14-2007, 11:35 PM
No one would come back because they could buy something with real money. Cool kids earn their stuff.

sage_scooby
07-15-2007, 02:34 PM
What ever happened to hard work....? It just takes time and effort to build yourself up on GK. People are just too lazy to do it. I knew no-one when I started GK, I somehow managed to get good gear.

On topic:

I don't like the idea. Though the person who said purchase cosmetic things might be on to something, or as Bjorn said the house upgrades. Though I'd rather see that stuff for free, as it doesn't actually help the player out.

Ravenblade1979
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Basically everyone I have seen who responded have played this server for a while. While I value your opinion this idea was geared towards bringing in some new people.

The reason that I said offer some stuff to those of us more advanced is so we could get something out of this too. Its not a bad idea. Just needs to be tweaked with to get a final product but I would still like to see it. USDing happens anyways and like someone said. New people don't even have a chance. Maybe this would give them the edge they need. So what a nub runs around with a Ice Dagger and a High Shield of Deflection. The Ice Dagger wouldn't be prepped and the HSoD are so low priced when not EA's that they are laughable. They still aren't a threat. Its not like we are giving them the diamonds and IWD's they need and the level 20 physique.

So I don't see whats so wrong with this happening.

HitmanJ2XX
07-15-2007, 10:34 PM
USD'ing would screw up the economy, because of an unbalance in supply and demand. With the illegal USD, you keep whats already in the server, with trading of real world money. With this new idea, you make items for people who pay a certain price, increasing the number of item x, whose value was originally 100 d. Now, with this idea in place, after a certain amount of time passes, many people would have the item, dropping the price to maybe 8 d. The demand goes down while the supply goes up if you can just buy the items from the site. Watch things inflate, just like the price of gas. (~$3)

Ravenblade1979
07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
USD'ing would screw up the economy, because of an unbalance in supply and demand. With the illegal USD, you keep whats already in the server, with trading of real world money. With this new idea, you make items for people who pay a certain price, increasing the number of item x, whose value was originally 100 d. Now, with this idea in place, after a certain amount of time passes, many people would have the item, dropping the price to maybe 8 d. The demand goes down while the supply goes up if you can just buy the items from the site. Watch things inflate, just like the price of gas. (~$3)

Again this idea can be tweaked. Its not set in stone and I don't see why people are against helping new people out. Aren't we supposed to be bringing them in.

No offense Hitman but USDing has already screwed GK over. You just aren't around enough to see it.

kia345
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Basically everyone I have seen who responded have played this server for a while. While I value your opinion this idea was geared towards bringing in some new people.

The reason that I said offer some stuff to those of us more advanced is so we could get something out of this too. Its not a bad idea. Just needs to be tweaked with to get a final product but I would still like to see it. USDing happens anyways and like someone said. New people don't even have a chance. Maybe this would give them the edge they need. So what a nub runs around with a Ice Dagger and a High Shield of Deflection. The Ice Dagger wouldn't be prepped and the HSoD are so low priced when not EA's that they are laughable. They still aren't a threat. Its not like we are giving them the diamonds and IWD's they need and the level 20 physique.

So I don't see whats so wrong with this happening.

He'll also have a bloated ego, and that's the last thing Gk needs, more ego

xAzerothx
07-16-2007, 02:31 AM
If I was playing GK I would want a newb pack. Something that could get me by for the first few levels. Also I wouldn't make it tradable.

kia345
07-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Noob pack would help, but selling good/rare/sexy items for USD is stupid.

HitmanJ2XX
07-16-2007, 05:25 AM
If anyone is working in the MMT they sorta give out noob packs: a sword and maybe a shield. Thats good enough for most.

kia345
07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
That would actually be a good idea. I was on this morning and someone wanted a shovel when he walked in, but I told him they weren't edible so we didn't serve them.

But really, that's a good idea

HitmanJ2XX
07-16-2007, 05:40 AM
It's also one that's SUPPOSED to be done, but since people aren't always working, then they can't hand out those things. But there is a store of tools in the back.

edit: I found this interesting post by someone while I was going through the Zone forums. Before you read it I propose the following question: So are you conspiring to end GK?

I think being able to usd for zone stuff will destroy it. If you read up you can spend money on gralats to buy zone stuff at the zone store when v5 comes. If thats not ruining zone then I don't know what is.

Whats the difference between putting in the Zone Shop and the GK Shop?

UberModeKappa
07-16-2007, 06:31 AM
I think one should be able to buy complete houses and additions to the houses aswell as a special type of pet/horse

cbk1994
07-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I don't even get why this is a discussion.

I'm quite new to GK, compared to most, and I'm now quite high in my kingdom, and I have good equipment and levels.

YES, I got help from friends. I made friends while I was leveling up. I'm not saying that everyone is lazy. All I'm saying is that it can be done.

When I started about 5 months ago, I had a shovel, and I dug for corn. I ate it for food, and killed bomys. Eventually, I got better, and I started going to the dungeons. I asked around, and people told me about levels, blessing, dungeons, kingdoms, etc.

So the point is ... you don't need a noob pack. You need more of a noob help book. Would be really nice if one of the GK help sites would actually get finished, so people could go there for help.

Ravenblade1979
07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Well look everyone i have talked too has loved the idea. I mean since we who play kingdoms gets gelats (or however its spelled) we might as well have a shop. I was actually discussing this with King Johnathan Aldroth. There is nothing wrong with the idea. Like someone said make the stuff non-tradeable. People are just complaining because its taken them a long time to get their stuff and oh look a noobie can suddenly get the item.

Look in the long run they are paying more money to get the gelats (or however its spelled) to get these items then they are to merely play and get the stuff themselves.

I will say this once....Wah Wah cry me a river and while your at it fill up a ocean for me.

Seriously stop crying. Not like GK is in any better shape right now. Scamming and usding is rampant. People are quitting left and right. So why not introduce a shop. Not like anymore damage can be done.

Now with MMT handing out items. We tried that and Sam gave us hell for it so we stopped. Thats the end of that discussion.

To Hitman

I posted that when I knew little about zone shop and I will be looking through to make sure you posted that right. Now that I know you have to spend a good amount of money to get gelats (or however its spelled) and you only have a certain amount of time on zone with the items I could care less.

cyan3
07-16-2007, 05:55 PM
If a shop came on Graal Kingdoms it will make the new players more lazy than they are now. I mean when most of us started we didin't beg for items and said everything was unbalanced i think taking away start.gmap has made the new players weak and want everything for free.

dNeonb
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
If a shop came on Graal Kingdoms it will make the new players more lazy than they are now. I mean when most of us started we didin't beg for items and said everything was unbalanced i think taking away start.gmap has made the new players weak and want everything for free.
I don't think that it has to be this way. If it was something like making a costum playerhouse inside. It would be quite fine becasue it's not really releated to if you are new to the server or not. But things like weapons and "newb start kit's" is not good, I agree with that.

Maybe it could be that way that you can rent a bussines with that like 10 Gelat a month or so and you can make you own shop you can stock with items, or a tavern like MMT or so. That would be a nice thing I guess.

Ravenblade1979
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Been wondering when I would have to start paying rent with MMT..lol

Butz
07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Well, I like the idea of things like house upgrades, and cosmetic changes.

Maybe make the cosmetic changes something like:

Scroll of Flame Shield Illusion: Transforms the look of any marked shield into a flame shield. Stats remain the same, the item can no longer be traded. Shield is renamed similarly to prepped weapons. (i.e. Butz's Shield of the Sun +6 (Flame Shield Illusion) (Stats go here) )

And so on... Of course, make sure that the designs in the shop are unique from anything that can be found in game normally. Maybe even have contests occasionally to have player designs added into the shop. (Bring back some of the player customization that Graal has been lacking in recent years)

cyan3
07-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't think that it has to be this way. If it was something like making a costum playerhouse inside. It would be quite fine becasue it's not really releated to if you are new to the server or not. But things like weapons and "newb start kit's" is not good, I agree with that.

Maybe it could be that way that you can rent a bussines with that like 10 Gelat a month or so and you can make you own shop you can stock with items, or a tavern like MMT or so. That would be a nice thing I guess.

If it were just house upgrade scrolls i guess it will be ok but i don't approve of weapons/diamonds ect.

Switch
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
well, unless they were gfor like 100gelat each... the weps I mean... and only holiday items, not old deleted items (not deleted but cant get anymore) i'd be fine ^^

dNeonb
07-17-2007, 12:27 AM
If it were just house upgrade scrolls i guess it will be ok but i don't approve of weapons/diamonds ect.
I wouldn't like to see things like weapons and diamonds, too.

.. so no not even that. well, unless they were gfor like 100gelat each... the weps I mean... and only holiday items, not old deleted items (not deleted but cant get anymore) i'd be fine ^^

Ravenblade1979
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't like to see things like weapons and diamonds, too.

.. so no not even that.

I just threw the list together quickly. It can be changed not to include weapons and diamonds.

Switch
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
What about my idea?? >_<

sage_scooby
07-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Scroll of Flame Shield Illusion: Transforms the look of any marked shield into a flame shield. Stats remain the same, the item can no longer be traded. Shield is renamed similarly to prepped weapons. (i.e. Butz's Shield of the Sun +6 (Flame Shield Illusion) (Stats go here) )

And so on... Of course, make sure that the designs in the shop are unique from anything that can be found in game normally. Maybe even have contests occasionally to have player designs added into the shop. (Bring back some of the player customization that Graal has been lacking in recent years)

Cosmetics and house upgrades.

Ravenblade1979
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Umm anyways Unixmad is going to talk to stefan about this idea. So its out of my hands now unless they come to me asking me what should be sold.

Admins
08-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Cosmetics and house upgrades.

Sounds good. Most games sell items mainly for the look of the player or pets, or give items which help you in certain situations, but avoid giving out items that are too powerful. Powerful items and stats should be something you gain in the game by working hard / investing a lot of time into it, and make you resubscribe.

Switch
08-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Sounds good. Most games sell items mainly for the look of the player or pets, or give items which help you in certain situations, but avoid giving out items that are too powerful. Powerful items and stats should be something you gain in the game by working hard / investing a lot of time into it, and make you resubscribe.

*Resubscribes*
Now make more powerful items that you can obtain ingame without having it be a christmas or holiday item and don't delete it later.

;) All good weps and stuff that's happened to );

ViperZakuto
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM

yeah but if you make stuff for pets limit 1 pet per person... and change it so that they eat if there health drops below 25% is food around, even if your not there. 1 per person is not that many horses on the server. Then disable mating =D cause it would be useless. not like you could trade a horse you mated very easy anyways.

also fix the bug where if you drop 2 or more of any kind of food. the horse will eat it, but there will still be the same amount of food that you lay down. so you lose nothing. =/

Also add in the wings for GK in this shop. =D they don't have to do anything.. just look cool. Always remember if you make the prices low enough... you will sell more... so try not to shoot too high for prices =/

that would be cool. but, make it so that the item that will cover one specific slot, and can be removed at anytime... but not traded if wished.

If you make it so it add's it on to the item.. then that will make the item untradable and that would make items even rarer.