PDA

View Full Version : missing graal4

wezzee
07-14-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if im missing something, but whenever i log on the download screen shows up and then i wait 5 minutes and when its done i instantly get logged off and a screen pop ups and says "Graal Updater: The file graal4_temp.exe has not been found!" does this mean i never had v4? or is it a bug or a problem with my computer?:confused:

Admins
07-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Is there a graal4_temp.exe in the Graal folder? Or any other exes?

wezzee
07-14-2007, 03:52 AM
No, i just checked and there is no exes in my graal folder... where do i get it?

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 03:55 AM
http://www.graalonline.com/zone/downloads/

Download the windows client from there and run the installation file.

wezzee
07-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the help but when I try to download a popup comes saying that it is connecting to my server but it never does ! The pop-up stayed there for 10 minutes. So I tried turning off my anti-virus but nothing changed. Any ideas what to do next ? I want to play !!!

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the help but when I try to download a popup comes saying that it is connecting to my server but it never does ! The pop-up stayed there for 10 minutes. So I tried turning off my anti-virus but nothing changed. Any ideas what to do next ? I want to play !!!

wes

Does this show up after you download and install or as you're trying to download? If its the first, are you behind a router that might be blocking Graal's ports? Also make sure that your graal folder is not read only. Go to C\Program Files\ and right click Graal and click properties then uncheck read-only if its checked.

wezzee
07-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks but nothing is working. This "connecting to server" box comes up as I am trying to download. The "read me" box is clicked off and that made no difference. I thought I would try and play as a guest on "graal online" to see if I could and when I went to play that same "connecting to server" box poppped up again and never goes away. I tried it again with anti-virus and spysweeper off but it made no difference. I do have windows "vista". Maybe Graal5 is having problems with "Vista". Anyways, if anything else comes to mind let me know?

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks but nothing is working. This "connecting to server" box comes up as I am trying to download. The "read me" box is clicked off and that made no difference. I thought I would try and play as a guest on "graal online" to see if I could and when I went to play that same "connecting to server" box poppped up again and never goes away. I tried it again with anti-virus and spysweeper off but it made no difference. I do have windows "vista". Maybe Graal5 is having problems with "Vista". Anyways, if anything else comes to mind let me know?
No, your PC is not letting you download the file. What sort of network are you on and what type of account do you have for the PC (Admin, limited, etc?)

wezzee
07-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Does this show up after you download and install or as you're trying to download? If its the first, are you behind a router that might be blocking Graal's ports? Also make sure that your graal folder is not read only. Go to C\Program Files\ and right click Graal and click properties then uncheck read-only if its checked.

No, your PC is not letting you download the file. What sort of network are you on and what type of account do you have for the PC (Admin, limited, etc?)

I am on cable internet and my account type is limited

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I am on cable internet and my account type is limited

See if the person with the admin account will download and install for you.

wezzee
07-15-2007, 04:23 AM
umm i tried re-downloading it and when i clicked Download for windows it said it was downloading for Linux... thats whats wrong how do i fix this so it downloads for Windows and not Linux?

Admins
07-15-2007, 04:37 AM
The connection box was probably displaying because there was a problem with the login server. Is it working now?

wezzee
07-15-2007, 06:59 AM
The connection box was probably displaying because there was a problem with the login server. Is it working now?

No, its still not working:confused: