PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture

grawlgamer
07-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I love it! no stupid logos and it captures a perfect picture, 5 stars =D but there is one problem, I wish there was like a window that showed me what I'm recording, because I might accidentally miss things since I can't see where it is :(

Vulcan
07-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I love it! no stupid logos and it captures a perfect picture, 5 stars =D but there is one problem, I wish there was like a window that showed me what I'm recording, because I might accidentally miss things since I can't see where it is :(

You can adjust the settings to record full screen.

F3
Capture

grawlgamer
07-14-2007, 12:10 AM
yeah but I don't want the whole screen =[

Admins
07-14-2007, 01:21 AM
You mean like a rectangle that shows what you are recording (if you select focus on player) ?

grawlgamer
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah a small screen (that doesn't show up on the recording) that shows what exactly you are capturing =o

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
For some reason I tried to record using 20 frames and it screwed up creating a file that windows media player wouldn't open.

Crow
07-14-2007, 04:11 PM
For some reason I tried to record using 20 frames and it screwed up creating a file that windows media player wouldn't open.

I tried 20 frames several times. It works fine, it just creates damn huge files..

Ravenblade1979
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I tried 20 frames several times. It works fine, it just creates damn huge files..

Hmmm well it was lagging badly for me. Could be the reason.

coreys
07-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, Stefan you need to make the filesize for the videos smaller, and make it overall less laggy, if possible. ^^ As well as adding sound ;o

kia345
07-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I tried to interview people about v5, there should be an option that lets you turn on the chat box, because my keyboard screws up a lot and I need to see what I'm typing ):

I actually like it over Camstudio/Fraps though

Crow
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Stefan you need to make the filesize for the videos smaller, and make it overall less laggy, if possible. ^^ As well as adding sound ;o

Nah, that was just an additional comment. I want every single piece of quality for those videos I can get.

coreys
07-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Well I was wondering it there was a way to make it less laggy without dulling the quality.

KyleNicholson
07-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Takes so much memory :(
I have lots to spare, but like saving.

skiylaroso
07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
can someone help me with video capture?
How do u compress the files
ive never done it before and im making tutorials on certain playerworlds

Admins
08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Graal could compress the video, but then it would even be laggier, so uncompressed video is the best choice in my opinion.

Converting the videos: I know of very good free tools for video conversion, they are command-line based though (mplayer, vlc). Searching for such tools on google gives a lot of advertising for expensive tools, so can someone help with a link to easy-to-use video converters ?

dNeonb
08-10-2007, 11:02 PM
I suggest to use VirtualDub. I use it for converting videos since I convert analog records into bits and bytes ^^
http://www.virtualdub.org/

zokemon
08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Can't you just compress the videos after you end the recording?

Also: Would be great if you could allow avi uploads of a reasonable size ^_^ (On forums)

dNeonb
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Also: Would be great if you could allow avi uploads of a reasonable size ^_^ (On forums)
Use the Gallery on the homepage and implement the gallerypost to your forumspost.

Ravenblade1979
08-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Well I tried to compress with windows movie maker and it looked like crap could anyone make some good suggestions as to what i could use to compress and still have it look clear.

Crow
08-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I suggest to use VirtualDub. I use it for converting videos since I convert analog records into bits and bytes ^^
http://www.virtualdub.org/

Did you try to compress a video made by Graal? VirtualDub cannot handle it. I tried some other nice tools, it seems that Graal's videos are not really .avi, if you get what I mean.

dNeonb
08-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Did you try to compress a video made by Graal? VirtualDub cannot handle it. I tried some other nice tools, it seems that Graal's videos are not really .avi, if you get what I mean.
It actually works. You just need to set correct compression options.

Crow
08-11-2007, 03:05 PM
I cannot compress it with XviD, I tried almost everything. And thats what I want to do.

dNeonb
08-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I cannot compress it with XviD, I tried almost everything. And thats what I want to do.
Download and analyse the file. It is XviD compressed by VirtualDub.
http://graal.logic-games.net/xvid-compressed.avi

Maybe I should make some tutorial or so :\

Admins
08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes would be good :D

Ravenblade1979
08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah please do because virtualdub doesn't compress at all. I got my windows movie maker to compress the avi file.

Crow
08-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Dude, I'm no newb when it comes to compressing. Fact is that it always gives me several errors when I'm trying to compress a video made with Graal. All other .avi files I got (captured with several other programs) are working fine..

Admins
08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
What kind of error do you get? Graal produces an uncompressed RGB avi, and it displayed fine on several OS where I tried it (Mediaplayers on Windows2000, Vista, 98, Mac OSX, Linux MPlayer & VLC). The only reason why its not displaying for you is may be that the simple codecs got deleted on your computer, not sure how that can happen.

dNeonb
08-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Ignore the design of the page. It's just a temp because it will be included to the new GK lib page I'm working on.

Before I forget. You need a flash player to view the tutorial.
http://graal.logic-games.net/tutorials/index.html

Crow
08-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Perfect, it works now. I'm not sure why, but I always used "Save as segmented AVI" which caused VirtualDub to crash.
Stefan, I didnt have any problems with playing it, but the fact that VirtualDub was crashing when I was trying to compress it like I did with all the other videos I have was a bit irritating ;D

k_killar
08-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Lags To much,:[

Admins
09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I am using ffmpeg now to compress, its really easy to use on command line:

ffmpeg -b 800 -i myvideo.avi output.avi

The "-b 800" means video quality. You can also use other formats to export.

Uploaded a video for testing on youtube:
wbCoCcdtHAU
I have recorded it with the new Graal version which is also recording sounds

Twinny
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Seems to be a delay between the sound and the video. I'm hoping that's just youtube's fault. Otherwise it's lookin' pretty sweet.

Admins
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes a small delay, will try to fix that.

Crono
09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Those 3 horses are cute.

Admins
09-11-2007, 11:21 PM
:D
Ok fixed the timing problems of the new video+audio capture so it should be fine with most lag situations.

ViperZakuto
09-17-2007, 10:14 AM
I am using ffmpeg now to compress, its really easy to use on command line:

ffmpeg -b 800 -i myvideo.avi output.avi

The "-b 800" means video quality. You can also use other formats to export.

Uploaded a video for testing on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbCoCcdtHAU
I have recorded it with the new Graal version which is also recording sounds

I see you found this. was gonna recommend this program. You can actually integrate this progam into graal if the scripting is compatible. IF you don't have the manual here is the complete documentation on ffmpeg
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html

For users who just want to convert the video/audio files... this can even convert to mpeg 2 without a liscense because it is command line driven. =D here is a link where you can download a compiled version and a guide on how to use it.
http://worldtv.com/blog/guides_tutorials/flv_converter.php

zokemon
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Hmm. Would be nice if we could record videos by script. Probably would be insecure though.

ViperZakuto
09-18-2007, 02:12 AM
you can even use 2 pass encoding with this program.
ffmpeg -i s18e01.flv -b 700k -r 29.97 -s 740x480 -aspect 4:3 -pass 1 s18e01.mpg
for my second pass I used.
ffmpeg -i s18e01.flv -b 700k -r 29.97 -s 740x480 -aspect 4:3 -pass 2 s18e01.mpg

there is a good bit of audio options I havn't messed with. The default audio encoding is not that great so you have to tinker around with it from the manaul if you want good audio.

Admins
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Hmm. Would be nice if we could record videos by script. Probably would be insecure though.

isrecordingvideo
startRecordVideo()
stopRecordVideo()

Only works if the user has allowed scripts to record video, in the Graal options.

zokemon
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
isrecordingvideo
startRecordVideo()
stopRecordVideo()

Only works if the user has allowed scripts to record video, in the Graal options.

Ahh. Thanks :)

ViperZakuto
09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
here are some audio options i found in the manual
`-ar freq'
Set the audio sampling frequency (default = 44100 Hz).
`-ab bitrate'
Set the audio bitrate in bit/s (default = 64k).

From what i understand about this, is that it will set the video output to the same as the input file.
`-sameq'
Use same video quality as source (implies VBR).
ex
ffmpeg -i file.avi -sameq -ab 300k file.mpg

make sure to put the audio and video options before the output file and NOT the input file.

Also you can do multiple conversions at once if your computer can handle it.

ex
ffmpeg -i file1.avi -sameq -ab 300k file1.mpg -i file2.avi -sameq -ab 300k file2.mpg so on and so forth.

Chompy
09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
isrecordingvideo
startRecordVideo()
stopRecordVideo()

Very nice!

In the options, are they on by default?

Admins
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Very nice!

In the options, are they on by default?

Disabled by default of course (since videos require a lot of hard disk space and you don't want your hard disk being flooded when going on some server, even if it was only by script error).

Crow
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I think it fits here, so I'm writing it here. Since the video capture supports sound there are videos with sound added onto the website. Though you cannot mute the sound or turn off the video which is pretty annoying. That should be changed.

Chompy
09-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Disabled by default of course (since videos require a lot of hard disk space and you don't want your hard disk being flooded when going on some server, even if it was only by script error).

Sounds fair :)

Admins
09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Though you cannot mute the sound or turn off the video which is pretty annoying. That should be changed.
Yes you cannot disable it although you only hear the sounds when entering the start page of the world, so normally you don't stay there for long time

Crow
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes you cannot disable it although you only hear the sounds when entering the start page of the world, so normally you don't stay there for long time

I dont like your attidude on this one :/

Admins
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
What is your problem exactly? Those video are much more interesting when they have sound, otherwise it's like watching a film without sound and without subtitles. Just click on the next link to play the game if you don't want to hear it?

Skyld
09-19-2007, 11:11 PM
What is your problem exactly? Those video are much more interesting when they have sound, otherwise it's like watching a film without sound and without subtitles. Just click on the next link to play the game if you don't want to hear it?
Apple had a very interesting method for their flash-based or video adverts; they would play silently until you moved your mouse over or clicked on one of them. The video would then restart, but playing sound too.

Perhaps you could do something like that? Personally I don't like webpages that are making sounds without my input.

Googi
09-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I keep getting "Can't find index" errors when I try to open the videos I make.

Edit: Resolved. It was a problem with Haali Media Splitter.