PDA

View Full Version : Global guilds not allowed?

grawlgamer
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Too many servers (which too many began at one) are not allowing global guilds, one reason I payed was to be able to join global guilds?:noob:

xAzerothx
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Don't play the servers that do not allow global guilds. It's that simple.

grawlgamer
07-01-2007, 09:26 PM
What if aside from the inconvenience of not allowing global guilds I like playing them?x_x

Tigairius
07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Some playerworlds have a strict genre/storyline that they abide by (example: Ol' West) which is the reason for disabling global guilds on some servers. However, I see what you mean how some servers just randomly disable them.

grawlgamer
07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah some are justified (as you said: Ol' West) but some just plain don't allow them for no reason,

MysticalDragon
07-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Too many servers (which too many began at one) are not allowing global guilds, one reason I payed was to be able to join global guilds?:noob:

And you don't need to upgrade to join Global Guilds.You just need to upgrade in order to create a Global Guild.

grawlgamer
07-02-2007, 11:14 AM
you have to be a p2p don't you?

Minoc
07-02-2007, 11:23 AM
you have to be a p2p don't you?
Classic to join, VIP to create.

grawlgamer
07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
exactly, one reason I payed was to be able to join guilds, so why not allow them?

Rufus
07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
exactly, one reason I payed was to be able to join guilds, so why not allow them?

What server(s) are you talking about?

ArushenP2P
07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Unholy Nation allow them, play that server. Global guilds you still can join, You can't see your tag but your still in the Guild. Be happy.. Most servers don't like Global Guilds because They just simply want their own guild/nation etc.

Complain to the server you want your Guild Tag on :X

Inspiration
07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
This actually raises an interesting point, though. Global guilds are a right you pay for when you purchase a Graal subscription. Is it actually fair that any server, for any reason or no reason, can disable the usage of Global Guilds at any time, when you've infact paid for the right to be able to use the guild?

irule13
07-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I dislike that zodiac wont let you use global guilds because "IT isnt fair to those who purchased local guilds", which i think is total bull since it isnt fair to those of us who purchased vip to make our global guilds.

ArushenP2P
07-03-2007, 12:22 AM
The Server Owner has paid the rights to disallow Global Guilds which raises an arguments over who has rights and such.

zokemon
07-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Local guilds on Zodiac give you an icon, no? They could just make global guilds not get that icon.

Inspiration
07-03-2007, 02:53 AM
The Server Owner has paid the rights to disallow Global Guilds which raises an arguments over who has rights and such.

What about classic servers which are funded/ran by Graal Online, and the owner/manager nor any of the staff has paid a dime?

ArushenP2P
07-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Classic Servers use to be UC Servers. Which basically got paid by someone but than they left. For example: Zodiac. That is a Classic Server now.

Inspiration
07-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Classic Servers use to be UC Servers. Which basically got paid by someone but than they left. For example: Zodiac. That is a Classic Server now.

Valk, Atlantis, UN, N-Pulse, Delt, Classic itself, and Era all existed long before the pay-to-buy a server option existed. They were never "UC" servers.

grawlgamer
07-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Local guilds on Zodiac give you an icon, no? They could just make global guilds not get that icon.

*offtopic*
woot zero in the house :D
*ontopic*
on zodiac they could have an option for global guilds to pay to register with the server as a guild, so they can make icons and such

Sulukra
07-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Valk, Atlantis, UN, N-Pulse, Delt, Classic itself, and Era all existed long before the pay-to-buy a server option existed. They were never "UC" servers.

For Valikorlia its understandable. We use our guild tags to represent IC nations and towns; people running around in guild tags saying stuff like (Baddies) or (US) would sort of ruin it, y'know?

Inspiration
07-03-2007, 08:39 AM
For Valikorlia its understandable. We use our guild tags to represent IC nations and towns; people running around in guild tags saying stuff like (Baddies) or (US) would sort of ruin it, y'know?

Yeah it's understandable, I'm not saying it's not.

I'm just suggesting that disabling Global Guilds on a server should probably have some sort of application process behind it, being that global guilds are supposed to be global.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-23-2007, 01:58 PM
This is still an issue. I think servers are getting trigger happy with disabling guilds.

Does Era really need to disable guilds? They're hardly an RP server... Their official gangs seem to get enough in-game stuff to make global guilds not much of a threat.

Having that tag and being able to use "toguild" means waaaay more to us than it would cost many of these servers.

It should be made so Stefan has to approve a server for disabling global tags. And it should be based on some sort of criteria.
Please fix this! (Also note that global guilds have always existed on Graal 2001 and Graal Kingdoms, two servers that had successful roleplaying in their times.)

cbk1994
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
When you upgraded for a global guild, you knew that a lot of servers didn't allow them. On Vesporia we disabled them because we have specific tag systems, and the same for a lot of servers where they have sides (Allied/Axis, Wrath of Amon/Faction 5, etc). I like the idea of global guilds, but really, it doesn't work too well.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-23-2007, 11:18 PM
When you upgraded for a global guild, you knew that a lot of servers didn't allow them. On Vesporia we disabled them because we have specific tag systems, and the same for a lot of servers where they have sides (Allied/Axis, Wrath of Amon/Faction 5, etc). I like the idea of global guilds, but really, it doesn't work too well.

No, when I upgraded for a global guild all servers allowed them.

You make it sound like the idea of global guilds is new.
To me, this idea of server-specific guilds is new. (and it's not the same classic-style local guilds)

cbk1994
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
No, when I upgraded for a global guild all servers allowed them.
Should have done more research.

You make it sound like the idea of global guilds is new.
It's not. I've been playing since 2001, it was around then.

To me, this idea of server-specific guilds is new. (and it's not the same classic-style local guilds)

Strange. Must have missed something. I recall it when I started playing in 2001-- 7 years ago! I guess some adapt quicker than others?

Dante_P2P
12-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Strange. Must have missed something. I recall it when I started playing in 2001-- almost 7 years ago! I guess some adapt quicker than others?Felt like i had to do an edit, Sorry. Will delete post if he started in December 00.

cbk1994
12-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Felt like i had to do an edit, Sorry. Will delete post if he started in December 00.

I started in November 2000. I rounded up to 2001 ;o

grawlgamer
12-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Nothing on the official website said anything about servers being able to disable the feature, I shouldn't have to look any farther than there. Its global guild, not: Guild for only a few servers because other servers can get rid of them.

cbk1994
12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Nothing on the official website said anything about servers being able to disable the feature, I shouldn't have to look any farther than there. Its global guild, not: Guild for only a few servers because other servers can get rid of them.

I understand what you're saying about that.

The Mac client sucks. It doesn't work well enough to play. It has about half the features of Windows. No RC. No level editor. No Graal Shop. But it doesn't say that anywhere on the website.

They say you're supposed to 'try before you buy'-something that you cannot do because in your case, you can't try them.

I understand where you're coming from, but I can't say I agree with your point.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-26-2007, 03:21 AM
I recall it when I started playing in 2001-- 7 years ago!

I don't. I recall using my global guild tag everywhere, except maybe Valikarlia if they had it disabled, but I've already stated my opinion on that- fine by me (they're a strict RPing server; I remember they even had rules for how to set your nickname even if you're NOT in a kingdom).

What exactly is your problem?
I'm sure they were allowed everywhere or almost everywhere ("almost" being a BIG difference from what it is today) when I upgraded my account; I'm not just making this up. I had no idea that "global" would mean "only a few servers" within time, nor did I have reason to. They were called "global guilds" and the concept behind them was that they work on all servers. And a major part of getting a gold subscription was to keep/make a global guild (I'm not sure if non-gold leaders had their guilds disbanded, but I had to remake ours anyways for other reasons).

All I'm asking is for there to be a process for doing this because I'm paying for my account while some of the people pulling the plug on my paid-for-features don't even pay to support this game (if i'm not mistaken, managers of classic servers dont need to upgrade yearly; they can use their lifetime classic bought 7 years ago for maybe $20) . Right now, there's much opportunity for abuse of the system.

cbk1994
12-26-2007, 05:25 AM
I don't. I recall using my global guild tag everywhere, except maybe Valikarlia if they had it disabled, but I've already stated my opinion on that- fine by me (they're a strict RPing server; I remember they even had rules for how to set your nickname even if you're NOT in a kingdom).

What exactly is your problem?
I'm sure they were allowed everywhere or almost everywhere ("almost" being a BIG difference from what it is today) when I upgraded my account; I'm not just making this up. I had no idea that "global" would mean "only a few servers" within time, nor did I have reason to. They were called "global guilds" and the concept behind them was that they work on all servers. And a major part of getting a gold subscription was to keep/make a global guild (I'm not sure if non-gold leaders had their guilds disbanded, but I had to remake ours anyways for other reasons).

All I'm asking is for there to be a process for doing this because I'm paying for my account while some of the people pulling the plug on my paid-for-features don't even pay to support this game (if i'm not mistaken, managers of classic servers dont need to upgrade yearly; they can use their lifetime classic bought 7 years ago for maybe $20) . Right now, there's much opportunity for abuse of the system.

Cry me a river.

You knew some servers didn't allow them.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-26-2007, 05:33 AM
You knew some servers didn't allow them.

You're ignoring the main point.
Reread the first sentence of this thread, and then our VERY-REASONABLE proposed solution.

cbk1994
12-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Yawn

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Yawn

lol if i spam can i get a cool avatar like you too