PDA

View Full Version : 8 directions

DustyPorViva
07-01-2007, 06:46 AM
More of a concept than a full script. It is in GS1 because I don't have a server I can mess around with GS2. But anyways, I figure anyone who knows GS2 would be able to convert it, and if maybe someone is nice enough, they'll post it here. I don't know if this will ever be used, as people seem to have a hard enough time doing stuff with just 4 direction sprites. But anyways, like I said, it's more of a concept, so maybe someone can make something out of it. Just open the level in the attached ZIP.

EDIT:
Let me explain it a little bit. This script requires 2 ganis, because Graal only supports default of 4 directions, it takes 2 ganis to accomplish the full 8 directions.
It follows the same direction of Graal with directions, as 0-7, with 0 being up, and going counter-clockwise.
idle0 contains directions 0-3, while idle1 contains directions 4-7(and each gani will have to be set up like that).

The ZIP actually as a level which demonstrates the full movement with 8 directions, with arrows showing you which way you're going, and which direction you are, visually.

Rapidwolve
07-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Nice job. Simple and neat.

zephirot
07-01-2007, 06:52 AM
I remember when Chompy and I wanted to do something like that for Elexia, you beat us to it, gg :).

hotrian
07-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Nice job. Simple and neat.

"" Goodjob :o

zokemon
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I've always wanted to make 8 directions but I never managed to get graphic artists willing to make 8 directional bodies. Problem I see with doing it this way is that when you change from say left to right, the gani has to start over in frame one which could be pretty bad if the gani is a long one (like walk for example would keep starting the movement over if you tapped left and right simultaneously)

I really wish we could edit anistep.

DustyPorViva
07-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Ooo, I never thought about that, and that's a good point.
Ya, I wish we did have more control over anistep, and I don't see why not. Maybe Stefan could add that.

Chompy
07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I remember when Chompy and I wanted to do something like that for Elexia, you beat us to it, gg :).

Who said I didn't make it?
I still have it in the backups of Elexia :p

But, on topic; Pretty nice, simple and nice :)

HolySheepy
07-01-2007, 07:03 PM
i remember that guy *****ing " eww, you can make 8 directions"
and i was like "you can" XD

zephirot
07-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Who said I didn't make it?
I still have it in the backups of Elexia :p

But, on topic; Pretty nice, simple and nice :)

O sht, we gotta have to do that !!:p

zokemon
07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
The last two posts confused me. :frown: