PDA

View Full Version : NPC mouse support...

G_yoshi
07-17-2001, 10:53 PM
I think Stefan should add commands that allow players to use the mouse to do things in graal...that way you can create like, mini windows and be able to move them or something like that :D

Someone could create a custom graal GUI for various things...it would be very interesting, or have npcs react when they are clicked on during play.

also as a side note...make the npc editor recognize the command 'sparringzone'

T-Squad
07-17-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
I think Stefan should add commands that allow players to use the mouse to do things in graal...that way you can create like, mini windows and be able to move them or something like that :D

Someone could create a custom graal GUI for various things...it would be very interesting, or have npcs react when they are clicked on during play.

also as a side note...make the npc editor recognize the command 'sparringzone'

It does, just put

//#CLIENTSIDE
sparringzone

or

//#CLIENTSIDE
issparringzone

you simply need to make the script COMPLETELY blank, then add that.

Brady2
07-17-2001, 11:20 PM
if (issparringzone); I believe that works

Anyway that is what I meant to put in my other post!

So like read-only variables mousex/mousey (The pixel position of the mouse inside of graal's window, I.E. Topleft is 0,0)

if (playerclicksme);
if (mouseover);

Hmm...

if (playerclicks(x,y));
if (mouseon(x,y));
setcursor file;

Anyway I doubt mouses will be scripted but oh well ;)

G_yoshi
07-17-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by T-Squad

It does, just put

//#CLIENTSIDE
sparringzone

or

//#CLIENTSIDE
issparringzone

you simply need to make the script COMPLETELY blank, then add that.

dur...i know it has to be a blank npc :D I'm just saying that when you push, test, it doesnt return an error :)

besides, issparringzone is a flag, not a command ;)

G_yoshi
07-17-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
it would be extremely handy for people who wish to port their games into Graal

hehe, that would be neat...be also easier to come up with stuff to keep players busy :D

T-Squad
07-17-2001, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

hehe, that would be neat...be also easier to come up with stuff to keep players busy :D

i would love it...i would use it as a aimer for spells or arrows and such.

Slaktmaster
07-18-2001, 12:36 AM
Hey great idea G_Yoshi! I've been thinking about it before too but never realized it can be done.

*Wanna click NPCs and stuff*

kyle0654
07-18-2001, 01:54 AM
Someone suggested mouse clicks triggering npc actions a LONG time ago...I think like, old board. I don't remember who it was (though I think I have an idea of who it might have been), but for some reason it hasn't been added yet. It would be neat for things such as getting stats and stuff, or navigating menus, but nothing major other than that online, cuz if you have players clicking nobody else would know what's going on when they see an NPC move, or you have several people clicking all over just to mess with an NPC.

G_yoshi
07-18-2001, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by kyle0654
Someone suggested mouse clicks triggering npc actions a LONG time ago...I think like, old board. I don't remember who it was (though I think I have an idea of who it might have been), but for some reason it hasn't been added yet. It would be neat for things such as getting stats and stuff, or navigating menus, but nothing major other than that online, cuz if you have players clicking nobody else would know what's going on when they see an NPC move, or you have several people clicking all over just to mess with an NPC.

If you did use it online, you could use showimg and set a max distance and do something like soul blade suggested...that way, things dont have a limitless range :)

btw, since stefan added a new command that disables the 'Q' menu, do you still get paused when you push 'Q' when it has been disabled?

Falcor
07-18-2001, 08:52 PM
I suggested that to stefan befor he released 2.04

So far I got

"Sorry im not adding mouse suppor :-)"

Brady2
07-18-2001, 10:44 PM
Jadis:

Well I never!
He can burn in hell for all eternity!
HahahaahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

Admins
07-19-2001, 05:59 PM
It might be nice for some stuff,
but I fear that Graal will turn into
a click&rush -game or so where you
only click with the mouse on the screen
all the time instead of directly
controlling the character.

It's the same thing like keydown,
if it would be enabled for all keys
then it would make controlling the
game much harder, instead of playing
the game you would first need to
learn how to control the game.

G_yoshi
07-20-2001, 01:08 AM
I see.....neato

but couldn't you just reserve the mouse for specified functions?

BocoC
07-20-2001, 01:43 AM
The mouse already has MINIMAL use. You can click on a weapon in the Weapon List.

G_yoshi
07-20-2001, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BocoC
The mouse already has MINIMAL use. You can click on a weapon in the Weapon List.

...that i already knew...

i was just asking for the mouse abilities to be extended a bit beyond that

Falcor
07-21-2001, 04:55 AM
WEll you wouldnt have to enable mouse for movement stefan. Its just for scripts =\. and keydown for all heys would be nice so Playerworlds can have cool coommands. Its not like you have to enable mouse for movement and with the keydowns being onlt the defualt ones it gets really hard to make stuff non-chat command.. Since Me dont like Chat commands...