PDA

View Full Version : Level Generator problem


SkooL
07-17-2001, 05:44 PM
Anything in the attached image strike anyone as odd?
Look at the shadowing...I would like to know how the sun can cast light in 3 (4 if it were not connected) different directions...and also not cast light on an existing shadow.

07-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Haahaa...That's funny. :) I don't know anyone who uses the Level Generator, bwahah. But...light in 3 or 4 directions...Hehehe...Maybe the sun is at perfect noon and you're on the Graal World Equator?...

SkooL
07-17-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
Haahaa...That's funny. :) I don't know anyone who uses the Level Generator, bwahah. But...light in 3 or 4 directions...Hehehe...Maybe the sun is at perfect noon and you're on the Graal World Equator?...
If it were noon and the sun were directly above, there would be no shadows at all.

07-17-2001, 06:39 PM
Oh dear...you're right...4:45 AM does bad things for my brain...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Some other sort of odd planet-star alignment?

SkooL
07-17-2001, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
Oh dear...you're right...4:45 AM does bad things for my brain...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Some other sort of odd planet-star alignment?
Then the light cast from the other star would fall upon the other shadow making it not visible any longer.

07-17-2001, 06:43 PM
:( You have a point. Just try and make a level without the levelgen then? :T

SkooL
07-17-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
:( You have a point. Just try and make a level without the levelgen then? :T
Level generator makes it easier for maps :)

07-17-2001, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SkooL

Level generator makes it easier for maps :)


True...true it does...

Vash
07-17-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by SkooL

Level generator makes it easier for maps :)

except for drawing house and stuff

SkooL
07-17-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Vash
except for drawing house and stuff
Of course when you generate the world you go back and edit the levels to have housing and such.

BocoC
07-17-2001, 10:42 PM
Or maybe the world of Graal has 4 suns! o.O Tis possible...

SkooL
07-17-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BocoC
Or maybe the world of Graal has 4 suns! o.O Tis possible...
Even if they had 4 suns, the other suns would cast light upon the other shadows thus making them invisible.

Tyhm
07-18-2001, 04:30 AM
Not necessarily. If your bathroom has one of those 6-bulb light bars over the mirror, go in there and look at your shadow. Where they all overlap they're darkest, but there are faint shadows from where only 5 bulbs shine on the wall, only 4, only 3, usually overlapping too.

SkooL
07-18-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Not necessarily. If your bathroom has one of those 6-bulb light bars over the mirror, go in there and look at your shadow. Where they all overlap they're darkest, but there are faint shadows from where only 5 bulbs shine on the wall, only 4, only 3, usually overlapping too.
I stand corrected :(

Valder
07-18-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by SkooL
Anything in the attached image strike anyone as odd?
Look at the shadowing...I would like to know how the sun can cast light in 3 (4 if it were not connected) different directions...and also not castle light on an existing shadow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's graal for you

Knightoffrost
07-19-2001, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by SkooL
Anything in the attached image strike anyone as odd?
Look at the shadowing...I would like to know how the sun can cast light in 3 (4 if it were not connected) different directions...and also not cast light on an existing shadow.

Level gen isint perfect

SkooL
07-19-2001, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
Level gen isint perfect
It should be :-P

FxChiP
07-19-2001, 09:43 AM
It's not a bug, the level generator just places the objects as it sees the PNG.

What I think would be nice though would be you would be able to put a pure white pixel somewhere and the level generator would have that as the light source (and therefore shadows would only come out of one side)... but that's just my thought.

konidias
07-19-2001, 03:59 PM
Move your head out of the way so the light can shine on your monitor.. Works for me ;D rofl

Poogle
07-21-2001, 01:22 PM
This is Graal nothing perfect and nothing totally wrong all koolness!

SkooL
07-22-2001, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Poogle
This is Graal nothing perfect
I do believe Xeripher stated it wasn't perfect....