PDA

View Full Version : Bug (Zodiac)

MysticalDragon
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I noticed a small glitch in Zodiac that really doesn't effect the game play.After killing a Small Lich (at the point where you can no longer gain EXP) and then Killing a Adult Lich (where you can gain EXP), it stops showing the message indicateing how much exp you've gained.

Does this happen to anyone else?

xXziroXx
05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
The message system works kinda like this...

#1: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL show)
#2: You fell into a hatch and slowly die. HAHA! (This message WILL show)
#3: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL show)
#4: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL NOT show)
#5: You receive 132 exp (This message WILL show)

Basicly.. its not showing new messages if its exactly the same as the previous message.

Gambet
06-01-2007, 12:58 AM
The message system works kinda like this...

#1: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL show)
#2: You fell into a hatch and slowly die. HAHA! (This message WILL show)
#3: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL show)
#4: You receive 134 exp (This message WILL NOT show)
#5: You receive 132 exp (This message WILL show)

Basicly.. its not showing new messages if its exactly the same as the previous message.

So fix it (if you still work there?).

xXziroXx
06-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Its SUPPOSED to not repeat messages. -_-

Gambet
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM

Shouldn't work like that if player's want to know how much exp they get from each baddy they kill.

Novo
06-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Shouldn't work like that if player's want to know how much exp they get from each baddy they kill.

It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE! And if they wanted to know... It's already there.

DustyPorViva
06-01-2007, 03:03 AM
I can understand how it can be confusing. I suggest just doing a gani or something with the numbers +132exp over the monster(locally) instead of as a message. And/or maybe incorporate a detailed exp log separately from the other stuff.

Novo
06-01-2007, 03:05 AM
:: gasp :: While we're at it, why not we hire little green men with mustard beards to scratch our feet?

Gambet
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
:: gasp :: While we're at it, why not we hire little green men with mustard beards to scratch our feet?

You're mistaking laziness with necessities. In an RPG server, player's need to know how much EXP they receive per monster.

Twinny
06-01-2007, 10:36 AM
The message system doesn't repeat the same message over and over. Saves client being spammed up. Since monsters give a consistent exp amount, it won't repeat printing it until a different message is printed.

maximus_asinus
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
You should see the EXP you gain each time you kill a baddy if you ask me.

Crono
06-01-2007, 02:52 PM

It should damn right show you how much EXP you got.

You're mistaking laziness with necessities. In an RPG server, player's need to know how much EXP they receive per monster.

You should see the EXP you gain each time you kill a baddy if you ask me.

I agree.

Hellsinging
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
If you gripe about being lazy why don't you just hit f2 and look at it there?

Also if you know the msg don't repeat but your exp keeps going up, you should know now how much exp you got, since it doesn't show the same exp you got before.

It keeps from flooding the screen and making you say /clear every 15 kills.

There is good points and bad points to both sides but you're just attacking Ziro for a tiny reason. You know how much exp you get by hitting f2 and it keeps info flooding down.

Case Closed. ;)

xXziroXx
06-02-2007, 08:45 AM
There is good points and bad points to both sides but you're just attacking Ziro for a tiny reason. You know how much exp you get by hitting f2 and it keeps info flooding down.

Thanks! :D

Gambet
06-02-2007, 06:05 PM
As if it would be hard to make something like:

if (this.samemessageprompted >= #)
{
ClearMsgs();
}

I mean, I totally understand your reasoning, it's just not very professional for player's not to be able to see how much exp they've received per baddy the traditional way, without having to open any extra windows to view this information at certain times.

Darlene159
06-02-2007, 06:22 PM
You should see the EXP you gain each time you kill a baddy if you ask me.I agree. I didn't know it didn't show duplicate messages. And, I don't know if it is the same for others, but the EXP number at the top of the screen is hard to see. Guess I will have to hit f2 often. x_x

Twinny
06-03-2007, 06:09 AM
You say you need to know how much exp you get from monsters... well. A monster type will always give the same exp. If you kill a monster 30 times and it only shows 1 135exp message, than you know you've made 135*30 exp. Not that hard.

If there are multiple types within the one area, then you can simply think, "Aight. I killed this dude 4 times and he was worth 345exp. Now I've just killed this dude and he is worth 415 exp. I'll start counting for this dude". Not that hard at all.

If we allowed exp messages to spam up, the complaints would probably turn and people would complain about how they miss /shouts or /tells.

Darlene159
06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
You say you need to know how much exp you get from monsters... well. A monster type will always give the same exp. If you kill a monster 30 times and it only shows 1 135exp message, than you know you've made 135*30 exp. Not that hard.

If there are multiple types within the one area, then you can simply think, "Aight. I killed this dude 4 times and he was worth 345exp. Now I've just killed this dude and he is worth 415 exp. I'll start counting for this dude". Not that hard at all.

If we allowed exp messages to spam up, the complaints would probably turn and people would complain about how they miss /shouts or /tells.Understandable. :)

Crono
06-03-2007, 09:12 PM

but zodiac is a server where bugs are expected so we dont really know if we got the EXP or not.

what else do you expect?

If we allowed exp messages to spam up, the complaints would probably turn and people would complain about how they miss /shouts or /tells

Nothing to do with it.

MysticalDragon
06-03-2007, 09:26 PM
And the only reason why i did say it was a error, is because i didn't realize I was gaining the EXP.I even looked while i killed the monster(lich) and I didn't see it budge, But maybe it did :o.