PDA

View Full Version : wHERE IS THE BURGER REFUGE?!``@~!!1

jacob_bald6225
05-24-2007, 06:30 AM
I WANT IT BACK! WHY IS THIS ICE RINK HERE. NOBODY USES THE ICE RINK.... NOT EVEN TO IDLE! OmG!

Luda
05-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah :( I want to order icecream npcs also bring back singles bar!

Tyhm
05-24-2007, 07:28 AM
I heard it was gonna be replaced with elDandy's...I mean, if you're gonna replace something as old as me, you Gotta replace it with something Older...

DustyPorViva
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't see how they can remove such an old thing from Classic... especially for that ice rink, that has terrible controls.

Tyhm
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
The Ice Rink belongs in Sardon's. End.

If they wanted to do something clever with seasons (and time and snow and weather), where ponds freeze over into ice rinks, that's one thing...but as had often been shouted at me, Not Classic.

Rufus
05-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I think removing the Burger Refuge (and soon the Angel Clan, can you believe it?) is probably the most idiotic idea ever, especially since everyone knows what and where they are. They're special to Classic and Classic only.

DustyPorViva
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
I'd like to know what they were/are thinking.

Tyhm
05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Probably trying to reshape Classic into something cooler and more fun.

'cept there are plenty of servers for that. Classic is Classic. You add to it, you don't change it.

maximus_asinus
05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I'd like to know what they were/are thinking.I think it is more along the lines of what ONE person is thinking.

jacob_bald6225
05-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Wow... my day was ruined yesterday... I logged on to Classic to roleplay as a fry cook... and BAM! No fast food restaurant!

Zideruic
05-25-2007, 05:30 AM
You're kidding me....

Pimmeh
05-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I think removing the Burger Refuge (and soon the Angel Clan, can you believe it?) is probably the most idiotic idea ever, especially since everyone knows what and where they are. They're special to Classic and Classic only.

QFT.
I remember v1.26 where the Angel Clan had a baddy spawn :P
Someoen should add that again just for fun :P

Crono
05-25-2007, 05:46 PM
wow i didnt actually think back and realize they had removed an old inside for some even more useless thing.

Darlene159
05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I think removing the Burger Refuge (and soon the Angel Clan, can you believe it?) is probably the most idiotic idea ever, especially since everyone knows what and where they are. They're special to Classic and Classic only.That sucks. I remember some really good pk wars @ Angel Clan. :mad:

Kristi
05-27-2007, 02:46 AM
I heard it was gonna be replaced with elDandy's...I mean, if you're gonna replace something as old as me, you Gotta replace it with something Older...
Bingo.

And Angel Clan is not being removed, just moved. Ironic, another GC spreading false information.

And Luda, you already know the singles bar is coming back :P

Bell
05-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Hopefully Iris gets lost in the shuffle :P

maximus_asinus
05-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Bingo.

And Angel Clan is not being removed, just moved. Ironic, another GC spreading false information.

And Luda, you already know the singles bar is coming back :P
Hopefully not far away from where it is now, like how Sister Gertrude is in the mountains now.

DustyPorViva
05-27-2007, 04:36 AM
WHY is it even being moved in the first place? What's wrong with it where it is now?

Tyhm
05-27-2007, 08:34 AM
My objection has been noted and logged. I've been on record for years now. There's nothing more to say, it won't change anything; I, and "Classic", are relics of the past. Life goes on, apparently.

Rufus
05-28-2007, 08:00 PM

I wish I still had chat logs to prove how inconsistent you actually are, plus I don't see any irony in what I said.

WHIPENIE4
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Hopefully not far away from where it is now, like how Sister Gertrude is in the mountains now.

LOL OMG HAHA howd she get out there? thats a LOOOONG walk LOL

Luda
05-30-2007, 01:53 AM
LOL OMG HAHA howd she get out there? thats a LOOOONG walk LOL

Well you see... an earthquake occured and made this crap overworld, therefore the orphanage is now on the mountain.

DarkCloud_PK
05-30-2007, 02:05 AM
My objection has been noted and logged. I've been on record for years now. There's nothing more to say, it won't change anything; I, and "Classic", are relics of the past. Life goes on, apparently.

Life goes on but Classic remains stagnant forever!

Googi
05-30-2007, 07:01 AM
The fact that nobody seems to be able to come up with a reason for keeping most of this stuff besides "it's old" just shows how obsolete it really is.

jacob_bald6225
05-30-2007, 08:14 AM
The fact that nobody seems to be able to come up with a reason for keeping most of this stuff besides "it's old" just shows how obsolete it really is.
The fact is that is the reason it should stay. Classic is supposed to be "
The original GraalOnline world" which means it shouldn't be changing or getting a completely new overworld.

DustyPorViva
05-30-2007, 09:06 AM
The whole server is old, the only reason it should be kept is for nostalgic reasons. Why keep it just to remove it all and keep the title?

Tyhm
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Burger Refuge was always a bit dumb. "Fast Food in the Sword age."
But then, most of Graal was always a bit dumb. Motorcycles, etcetera. I made the occasional attempt to explain it all in one setting, but it resisted. *shrugs* It's a funny old server with funny old bits. Everyone wants to build near the popular areas, including replacing the popular bits with new "better" bits, (see also SuperNicks).

This is why I like the idea of people working on multiple servers. "You got a great idea for a brothel quest? Great! Take it somewhere else!"

DustyPorViva
05-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Sadly though, if you take away all the things that make sense... you won't have anything :P I think that was a bit of the charm of old Graal.

syltburk
06-01-2007, 01:23 AM

People as heard that they're supposed to be old. They don't know.

Add onto that, why does it matter? The server shouldn't be called classic, just shut it down already.

Rufus
06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
People as heard that they're supposed to be old. They don't know.

Add onto that, why does it matter? The server shouldn't be called classic, just shut it down already.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

GraalBR
06-08-2007, 05:08 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Im as confused as you Rufus haha,

As if they are moving Angel Clan, next they will be telling me they are destroying the joint.......

DustyPorViva
06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Im as confused as you Rufus haha,

As if they are moving Angel Clan, next they will be telling me they are destroying the joint.......

Don't give them ideas!

Thrashsoul3
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Classic will never have the same creative developers like Tyhm, Antigo, Krakken etc. You guys think classic is stupid but classic HAD the best gameplay on Graal. The quests on classic were intuitive and fun. The Sand Temple was one of the cooliest things I have ever experienced on graal.

Pimmeh
06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
But most enjoyable was the funny players who PKed you when you unpaused for like half a second..

Tyhm
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Classic will never have the same creative developers like Tyhm, Antigo, Krakken etc. You guys think classic is stupid but classic HAD the best gameplay on Graal. The quests on classic were intuitive and fun. The Sand Temple was one of the cooliest things I have ever experienced on graal.

Meh, I'd come back, and I've seen Kraken around. (And Antago's here, but he won't admit it). There's just no point, the "paradigm has shifted"; in Graal's heyday, if a quest wasn't perfect the first time through, you stuck around while we fixed it because 1) it was a free game and 2) it was the only show in town. Now neither of these apply, so you don't; you're paying for this game, so 1) we must have a lot of nerve to upload those crappy graphics and glitchy bosses and 2) if you deign to stick around in Graal at all, it'll be on a STABLE server, kkthxby3.
Which moves Classic from being The Server to being A Server, and sadly the levels/concept/etc. don't hold up well when it isn't The Server.
Thus the push to make it The Newbie Server. Which fell on deaf ears, naturally.
But, if Classic's options are Extinction or Drastic Revision, I suppose Drastic Revision is the order of the day. If the loss of the Burger Refuge, Level13 and Angel Clan is going to allow it to compete with UN, then as sorry as I'll be to see them go, they gotta go. And if it doesn't work, there's always the backups.

Rufus
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
..And if it doesn't work, there's always the backups.

As well as the major loss in time and quite possibly players too. It's becoming bearable at the moment, but that's because of the Summer crowd, after that it just becomes depressing.

DustyPorViva
06-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I can somewhat understand changes that will maybe bring people back... but how is removing/moving these things helping at all? How is putting an ice rink with bad movement in place of Burger Refugee, something that will attract players? No one goes there.

Tyhm
06-14-2007, 05:44 AM
...they haven't even put in Eldandy's? That's silly, that was the whole reason it was removed as I understood it...

DutchGuy
06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Classic is at it's peak of destruction.
It's not even worth playing on anymore.
The classic staff team, has been promosing things over a year now, i remember last summer when the drama began, it becomes worse everyday.
So far in a year, the staff team has simply fuxxored up the whole map, replacing the sister gertrudes house to somewhere in the high mountains Which used to be the OSL.
Burger Refuge got removed, for some dancing on ice ****.
Now on top of that They PUT Back the 9th heart as a GC PRIZE. you need 40 tickets to gain a 9th heart!
and the worst possible damn thing ive seen is the horses coming back. A simple stable with all the horses in Destiny.

I mean wtf is that? 9th heart as GC prize.
I think it's a simple solution to avoid making a decent quest.
Ohh and Ibo...if you put back horses make sure u put them back where they originally were!!!! make them breath fire again!! u simpless mind for god sake
Classics staff team has fu$$ked up so many times, the only reason you join classics server is to look if there's an event taking place. Even their level went from a scale from 0-10 to a minor 2.
it's full of 14 year old power happy kids, who love to have buttons on their screen to show off that they have become staff.

Tyhm, I trully miss the days that you had some control. I've been playing this game/server as off the year like 98/99. I know it will never become as good as it used to be, but these kids are destroying the whole server, with their so called plans...but they don't do jack**** about it.