PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Mine

SayianOozaru
05-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Hm, well like the title says, gravity mines. ;)

Since the VERY old graphics of the 'gravity grenade' were scrapped (pretty much), I decided I would try a type of "Gravity Mine" idea.

What I came up with is in the attachment.

Basically like a proxi mine, except the mine should shoot upwards, and the blue bubble should 'follow' the player until the bubble is shot, or has gone to far. If the bubble hits the player, the player is put inside, and lifted a little higher than what you can go with the jetpack, and the bubble sits there for a min or 2, and explodes, causeing the player to take damage from the explosion, and falling.

Stats;

Name: Gravity Mine
Ammo: Gravity Mine
Max Ammo: 1000
Cost: $15 for 3
Damage (explosion) : 25
Damage (falling) : 10
Time in bubble: 60 sec - 120 sec
Bubble HP: 32 (if the bubble takes 32 dmg, it explodes, even if it hasn't caught the player)
Bullet Speed: same as storm rifle
Range: 4-5 levels before blowing up

Lemme know what you guys think. :)

xAzerothx
05-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Would they turn invisble like proxies or be visble like land mines? It would be fun to lead a group of people chasing me into these bubbles of doom.

Huwajux
05-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Overpowered?

Dante55555
05-08-2007, 12:36 AM
The grenades look cool but the bubbles look a little weird, maybe a lighter colour?

Also the whole, 1-2 min inside the bubble would be abused, people would be stuck there for ever.

pooper200000
05-08-2007, 04:31 AM
well besides being overpowered and going for sooo long why don't they make invisible and fr ten secs and what happens if you get out of mech in bubble or hit the bubble as a normal person?

SayianOozaru
05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Overpowered?
Probably. I was stuck in "lamer mode" when I made and posted. :p

maybe a lighter colour?
They should have a 3d light put under them so there c-through. ;)

what happens if you get out of mech in bubble or hit the bubble as a normal person?
Would they turn invisble like proxies or be visble like land mines?
Hadn't thought into it that much yet, was hopeing you guys could give some ideas.

Dante55555
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Alright, well i have a few ideas.. Erm maybe it shouldnt take them in the air, maybe keep them stuck in the same possition, unmovable, yet still atackable for 2-5 seconds. The attacks of all guns would be halfed though seing as they are protected by a bubble. (That would mean the grenade should do less damage itself) it would be invisible like the normal mines and still detectable by mine detectors.

I don't like the whole "Lifting up in the air" thing because people could abuse that by planting mines under the person so when he comes down he would be owned. Or people could get thereselfs purposly trapped to get out of trouble.

SayianOozaru
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't like the whole "Lifting up in the air" thing because people could abuse that by planting mines under the person so when he comes down he would be owned.
Ya thats what I was thinking. ;)

The whole "gravity" part in the name is why it would be cool to lift someone in the air... maybe you just dont get hurt by anything else when you fall?

Dante55555
05-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Ya thats what I was thinking. ;)

The whole "gravity" part in the name is why it would be cool to lift someone in the air... maybe you just dont get hurt by anything else when you fall?

Maybe. Or you can move like you can with jetpack, thus avoiding getting blown up by mines below.

Leoxx
05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
thats a good idea, but maybe just make it to where you can move but REALLY slow.

xAzerothx
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
thats a good idea, but maybe just make it to where you can move but REALLY slow.

That's what gas grenades are for. Though I can never get people to run into the gas.

SayianOozaru
05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Just a few more things.

Theres this metallic thing...i was thinking could be like a robot or something the player controls...

then the binoculars, so that they can actually be made x_x

and then either the walkie-talkie, or the radio (i cant remember if theres both...or what)...

comments?

UnknownMasterMind
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Just a few more things.

Theres this metallic thing...i was thinking could be like a robot or something the player controls...

then the binoculars, so that they can actually be made x_x

and then either the walkie-talkie, or the radio (i cant remember if theres both...or what)...

comments?

I like the Robot! One Question, The Robot will be hovering right? And is the Walkie-Talkie going to be used as a Chat Room? As in you tune into different stations to talk to different people? And the Binoculars will be like Graal Kingdoms Boat? Or will it have the Sniper Rifle View, It just won't have the Bullseye?

Sincerely,
Desear

pooper200000
05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Probably. I was stuck in "lamer mode" when I made and posted. :p

They should have a 3d light put under them so there c-through. ;)

Hadn't thought into it that much yet, was hopeing you guys could give some ideas.
you could possibly be telported to a random spot on the map and frozen for 3 seconds or so if you get out? Would be interesting and probaly abused though.
I like the Robot! One Question, The Robot will be hovering right? And is the Walkie-Talkie going to be used as a Chat Room? As in you tune into different stations to talk to different people? And the Binoculars will be like Graal Kingdoms Boat? Or will it have the Sniper Rifle View, It just won't have the Bullseye?

Sincerely,
Desear

Sincerely,
Desear

Dante55555
05-09-2007, 01:56 AM

Now THATS what im talking about, thats hella sexy, make it smaller and it would be perfect for "Fun event items" things. Could send it out as a scout, but it would only have so much range or something, and when it is destroyed you can't use it again for another 10 mins or something. Mleh, still looks fun :D! (Secret ET/GP machines to spy on hackers!)

SayianOozaru
05-09-2007, 03:06 AM
I like the Robot! One Question, The Robot will be hovering right? And is the Walkie-Talkie going to be used as a Chat Room, As in you tune into different stations to talk to different people, And the Binoculars will be like Graal Kingdoms Boat

^ what he said

Now THATS what im talking about, thats hella sexy, make it smaller and it would be perfect for "Fun event items" things. Could send it out as a scout, but it would only have so much range or something, and when it is destroyed you can't use it again for another 10 mins or something. Mleh, still looks fun ! (Secret ET/GP machines to spy on hackers!)
ty

@pooper

use a newbcake BUT USE MY NEWBCAKE!

pooper200000
05-09-2007, 03:24 AM
@pooper

and how does that work? :D

Huwajux
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
^ what he said

ty

@pooper

You spelled "Youz" wrong. Which isn't even a word in the first place!

SayianOozaru
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
You spelled "Youz" wrong. Which isn't even a word in the first place!
Thats why i used, "use". ;)

newbcake.

back on topic plz.

Huwajux
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Thats why i used, "use". ;)

newbcake.

back on topic plz.
>_>

That was the worst grammatical correction ever. :p

anubis_wing
05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
So totally wicked!
Anyways, make it so it sucks the people in a radius closer to it.

SayianOozaru
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Anyways, make it so it sucks the people in a radius closer to it.
:o!

I like that idea. :o

anubis_wing
05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
That blue orb can be considered to have a small gravitational pull that lasts for 11 seconds during that time the person can't leave the radius, their movement speed is the same and every 3 seconds it does a large pull that sucks them back into the center. Between those 3 second gaps they can move in the circle where ever they want. If other people come and enter the invisible radius they get sucked in to.

Kirble
05-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I say scrap the binoculars and use the robot as like a probe droid with say a functional viewing area where you can maneuver the robot to areas you want to see.

Don't know if that's possible, however.