PDA

View Full Version : A new body.

Sage_Shadowbane
04-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Well heres a body I just finished.. did for a friend, first one i've done in awhile and looking back at the first body I posted on the forums, i'm rather happy with how much i've improved. :D Everyone is welcome to give c & c, I'd be happy to fix any problems you see on the body. Thanks :)

Infernix
04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I kinda like it the way it is and wouldnt change a thing. Would look pretty good if animated right.

MrAnonymous_P2P
04-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Kinda boxy.

smirt362
04-28-2007, 02:05 AM
His skin looks kinda splotchy O.o

Infernix
04-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Id put some clothes and stuff on him and it would look pretty damn good.

elite_master
04-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Shadow looks extremely akward..

Along with that, where is his mouth!?

Other then that, it's an okay graphic.

Gambet
04-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Talk about steroids...

elite_master
04-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Talk about steroids...

Heeez AAAAHHHNOOOLLLLDDD

He be back.

Zideruic
04-28-2007, 04:11 AM
He needs to be taller in order to be AAAHNNNOLD... add some black hair and you've got steven segal though.

Crow
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd be happy to fix any problems you see on the body.

Detail. It looks horrible, really. Looks like someone burned him down.

Shadow. That shadow...looks kinda weird. Prolly because you added a shadow for the hands.

Contrast. You really have to up the contrast, so you can actually see the details.

xXziroXx
04-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Looks kinda like Danny DeVito xD

Stephen
04-28-2007, 12:46 PM
The highlights are too strong; they look more like blisters or bed sores.

ff7chocoboknight
04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
good job lighten his skin and then u have "even better job"

DustyPorViva
04-29-2007, 03:11 AM
I think there's too much going on in too little of a space.
I suggest toning down all the noise and stuff you're trying to cram in there.

ff7chocoboknight
04-29-2007, 03:24 AM
I think there's too much going on in too little of a space.
I suggest toning down all the noise and stuff you're trying to cram in there.

Wha...?

DustyPorViva
04-29-2007, 03:49 AM
He has a small sprite, and trying to cram in a lot of detail in there.
When you're doing sprites, the main thing you want to focus on is clarity. Sometimes you need to sacrifice the details of the sprite to make it overall more clear to the player. His sprite is not clear at all, he has muscles everywhere, or at least have emphasized them beyond the need. I think he needs to be a little more subtle with his muscle shading, and like Stephen said, drop the highlights. That way people know the muscles are there, but the fact that they are isn't the main attraction.

ff7chocoboknight
04-29-2007, 03:51 AM
oh i understand now u said something about noise so i got confused

Kirble
04-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd say that the body itself is starting to look like that rock guy out of the fantastic four, just on a smaller scale xD

Chompy
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd say that the body itself is starting to look like that rock guy out of the fantastic four, just on a smaller scale xD

lol

But I agree you could sacrifice some detail to make it clearer as Dusty said :o

ff7chocoboknight
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
lol

Sage_Shadowbane
04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Detail. It looks horrible, really. Looks like someone burned him down.

Shadow. That shadow...looks kinda weird. Prolly because you added a shadow for the hands.

Contrast. You really have to up the contrast, so you can actually see the details.

Crow you seriously dont even deserve to be on these graphic forums, SERIOUSLY! Your sitting here nit picking at the thing, and instead of giving constructive crits, your just telling me what you dont like and not how to fix it. Than all you can say is "up the contrast". Seriously I thought you were a scripter... you should seriously stick to that. :noob:

Anyways, Dusty, thanks for the advice, Ill try to fix it up asap.

Crow
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Crow you seriously dont even deserve to be on these graphic forums, SERIOUSLY! Your sitting here nit picking at the thing, and instead of giving constructive crits, your just telling me what you dont like and not how to fix it. Than all you can say is "up the contrast". Seriously I thought you were a scripter... you should seriously stick to that. :noob:

Anyways, Dusty, thanks for the advice, Ill try to fix it up asap.

Im a NAT, GAT, LAT and Gani Maker, and a pretty advanced GHer.
You said you are taking crits & comments. Dont say that if you are whining at the end anyways.

Edit: Btw, I am sure you wanna tell me that. Just because I quoted your "would be happy to fix" part doesnt mean I have to tell you how to fix your stuff. This is not my gfx, you know?

Sage_Shadowbane
04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Just because its not your GFX, doesnt mean you cant tell me what you think should be fixed, your just saying "Oh I dont like that, and Oh btw, that is hideous.". You should try something like "Hey, thats not too bad, but you should seriously try to work on this or that more.". I mean seriously, how hard is it to comment someone in a respectable manor? :\

Crow
04-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Whats so hard with "up the contrast"? Do you want me to tell you how to modify every single pixel of your damn body? True, I didnt really say how to fix that detail issue, but thats because I am not sure myself.