PDA

View Full Version : GS2: Client-RC Questions (this time all Client-RC's Questions will be in here)

Dionysus
04-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Ok so far i got three more questions about scripting an Client-RC (the main frame). First is the text bar where you type your messages. In normal rc you can use arrow keys to flip to old typed messages. What GS2 Gui for edit text gui's can i use to get that same effect?

Next when typed "/help" in normal RC it displays the commands and w\e command you use in that commands display help, it triggers the rc commands. How do i get Client-RC to trigger the /help and all the other commands RC gives without scripting one by one???

Also how do you use the GS2 Gui Tabs??? xD

Rapidwolve
04-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Use a GuiTextEditCtrl and then set historySize to 100, so you can view up to 100 old messages that you sent, and im not sure about this but I think typing /help will return the help message

Dionysus
04-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Ok cool thanks for the "historySize" command i didnt even know that existed :P.

Now i need to figure out or get help on the other two questions.

xXziroXx
04-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Ok cool thanks for the "historySize" command i didnt even know that existed :P.

Now i need to figure out or get help on the other two questions.

Check the wiki (wiki.graal.net) for help. There are examples on how to use all GUI types.

Dionysus
04-21-2007, 04:31 AM
thats what i do when i need help with anything... i check graal's wiki. So if i dont get something i ask some one so thats not really an option to me, but thanks for trying to help :)

Skyld
04-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Moving this thread to the GS2 forum. Please create future GS2 posts there.

Dionysus
04-22-2007, 01:21 AM
How do i make my chat bar for Client-RC when type "/help", it displays the commands like normal RC and w\e command you use in that commands display help, it triggers the rc commands. How do i get Client-RC to trigger the /help and all the other commands RC gives without scripting one by one???

Novo
04-22-2007, 01:24 AM
function Chatbar.onAction()
{
doStuff();
}

Check wiki for GUI Tabs -- There is an example there.

Chompy
04-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Nice wiki site for gui controls here:

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/Script/Client/GuiControls_List

godofwarares
04-22-2007, 02:02 AM

new GuiTabCtrl("Tabs")
{
profile = "GuiBlueTabProfile";
position = { 0, 0 };
extent = { 200, 24 };

tabwidth = 75;

clearrows();
addrow(0, "Hello");
}

... Would create a tab called 'Hello'.

Dionysus
04-22-2007, 04:29 AM
ok do you guys not understand what im trying to get in return of my question......

I need a way to make my Client-RC trigger an action to Normal-RC to do the /help and all of those other commands by NOT scripting each god dame command in my Client-RC......

Than for tabs i need to know how to make them do stuff like load diffrent displacements.....

I dont need no god dame wiki site i need help from someone who knows it ok because if i am asking on here that means i dont get it on the god dame wiki site..........

Chandler
04-22-2007, 08:20 AM
so nasty.

I think you need to make your own.

Next when typed "/help" in normal RC it displays the commands and w\e command you use in that commands display help, it triggers the rc commands. How do i get Client-RC to trigger the /help and all the other commands RC gives without scripting one by one???

zokemon
04-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Take a chill pill man. If you want help, you shouldn't be acting so mean. What they said is right, almost all of your questions asked so far could be answered if you just studied the wiki well enough.

As for your /help question, I don't quite know what you mean...the Client RC should send you back the stuff when you do things like /help automatically. Are you use sendtext() and stuff or did you make your clientrc using sendtorc()? o_o;

The wiki has a wonderful guide on how clientrc (and sendtext()/onRecieveText()) works. I really urge you to study it a little more :)

godofwarares
04-22-2007, 03:19 PM
ok do you guys not understand what im trying to get in return of my question......

I need a way to make my Client-RC trigger an action to Normal-RC to do the /help and all of those other commands by NOT scripting each god dame command in my Client-RC......

Than for tabs i need to know how to make them do stuff like load diffrent displacements.....

I dont need no god dame wiki site i need help from someone who knows it ok because if i am asking on here that means i dont get it on the god dame wiki site..........

1.) Stop being an ass.
2.) I gave you the ideas of tabs. Use the following function to do different things:

// Previous code...
function Tabs.onSelect(temp.tObject, temp.tId, temp.tText, temp.tIndex)
{
echo(temp.tText);
}

Which you should be able to figure out yourself.

3.) For your help command, You need to script it yourself.

4.) You can't make a Client-RC until you've read the Wiki. It is full of information that would of saved us alot of time instead of answering your dumb questions here. http://wiki.graal.net/

Skyld
04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I released a mostly complete Client-RC script a while back. Perhaps it will serve as inspiration: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39415&d=1170584991.

As for the various request types for requesttext or sendtext, please see http://skyld.vip.graal.net/wikka.php?wakka=ServerRequestData. Many of these are related to Client-RC functionality.