PDA

View Full Version : About Gani Scripts...

zokemon
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
It seems that sometimes a gani script will just lock up for no apparent reason. When you change the gani and then re play it again, the script won't trigger the onPlayerEnters() any more. Re uploading the file and having the client re download it does not change this (even if the gani animation is different and you see such updates, the script still will not run). It seems to become especially apparent when you use showimgs or even more so when you use particles.

Anyone else experiancing this?

napo_p2p
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I asked a question about a gani script in an earlier thread, and I think that it is related. Hell Raven had a fix for it, but it does, indeed, seem to be some kind of bug with onPlayerEnters().

Earlier thread with fix: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72305

zokemon
03-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Sadly, that won't do anything for me. I am using a set of sleeps (this is a hp/nick type display thing but rather a particle/showimg effect added on to the gani animation) in the onPlayerEnters() function. I COULD conceivably have a timeout just for kicks but that would do nothing for me since I wouldn't know when to "start" the showimg/particle animation.

Admins
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I have not had such problems yet. The onPlayerEnters() event is invoked when the animation is starting to play. Eventually you need to make your gani non-CONTINUOUS ?

Kristi
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I have not had such problems yet. The onPlayerEnters() event is invoked when the animation is starting to play. Eventually you need to make your gani non-CONTINUOUS ?

Or use the solution i gave napo, give the image a definition, and recreate it when the reference breaks.

Zokemon, the solution napo linked to you will work in your situation. Use a timeout. reference the image (thiso.whatever = showimg(yada))

Check to see if an arbitrary property or an assigned one exists in a timeout, i used font for napo's. if the font became undefined for thiso.whatever, its because the image wasnt showing anymore, and if thats the case, reshow it!

zokemon
03-17-2007, 06:03 AM
I did use a timeout and it sort of helped but the problem still exists. Aparently if a script gets stuck in a timeout or there are certain script errors, the gani locks up and won't invoke onPlayerEnters() anymore when you restart the gani.

Kristi
03-17-2007, 06:24 AM
I did use a timeout and it sort of helped but the problem still exists. Aparently if a script gets stuck in a timeout or there are certain script errors, the gani locks up and won't invoke onPlayerEnters() anymore when you restart the gani.

restarting the gani wouldnt invoke the onPlayerEnters, it just picks up the timeout where it left off. I assure you the solution I gave napo will work.

zokemon
03-18-2007, 12:39 AM
restarting the gani wouldnt invoke the onPlayerEnters, it just picks up the timeout where it left off. I assure you the solution I gave napo will work.

It still does not help me though as I need to have some way of finding out when a gani is restarted.

Restarting a gani does infact invoke the onPlayerEnters, but only if the script has had no problems prior to that.