PDA

View Full Version : Question about ganis and how bodys can color by the game...

Kristi
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
This one might go straight to stefan...
Is it possible to set up an arbitrary image in a gani that can be recolored using whatever the body uses to color (the 5 parts).
How does that even work anyway?

Gambet
03-10-2007, 09:08 PM
You can try a combination of changeimgcolors or so.

JkWhoSaysNi
03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
changeimgcolors tints the images. When you change a body part colour it replaces a single colour.

It'd be nice if there was a for example, replaceimgcolor({0,0,1},{0,1,0}) to replace a colour in the image or give us direct access to the image as a matrix then let us manipulate that.

Kristi
03-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I said in a gani, you cant changeimgcolors in a gani -.-

napo_p2p
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I said in a gani, you cant changeimgcolors in a gani -.-

I think you can setcoloreffects or something (haven't worked with ganis in a while). But I don't think it will achieve what you are looking for.

Kristi
03-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I think you can setcoloreffects or something (haven't worked with ganis in a while). But I don't think it will achieve what you are looking for.

im talking about indivisual layered sprites in the gani definition, not a scripted showimg in the gani.

napo_p2p
03-10-2007, 11:03 PM
im talking about indivisual layered sprites in the gani definition, not a scripted showimg in the gani.

I meant more along the lines of:
COLOREFFECT [sprite#] r g b a

Still only does a tint I think though. And I don't think you can use variables.

I like the idea of letting us access the image as a matrix :).

Kristi
03-11-2007, 12:25 AM
COLOREFFECT [sprite#] r g b a

^ something like that exists?

napo_p2p
03-11-2007, 12:41 AM
^ something like that exists?

Yeah, you put it directly into the gani file.

I think they only take set numbers though, and not variables (but I could be wrong).

zokemon
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
No you can't. Infact, only the body variable supports the color swapping effect. If you break a gani down in your client, you will notice there is nothing relating to this in individual sprites or even individual frames (which wouldn't really work to begin with).

You could always make a movie gani.

DustyPorViva
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Ya, you can coloreffect a sprite. I believe it was used in the lamp gani's for 2k1. They put the light image in the gani itself and colored it so that they could sync it with the lamp movement.

Kristi
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Ya, you can coloreffect a sprite. I believe it was used in the lamp gani's for 2k1. They put the light image in the gani itself and colored it so that they could sync it with the lamp movement.

Was the coloreffect dynamic or hardcoded? as in, can i use a variable to change the effect or is the effect presprited in?

DustyPorViva
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Not sure if the variable is dynamic or not. Best to experiment, if you want one of the gani's that do it here is one.