PDA

View Full Version : Big event this weekend

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I will be planning all week for it but I will tell you this its gonna be big..its a two part event...first RP...this is to get rid of ppl who don't actually want to play and are there for the prize. I only want serious people or I will not even do the event. I am serious too.

The second part will be revealed to those from the rp event. No one from outside the event will be allowed to take part in the second part. Sorry but thats the way it is and I will have a list of ppl who are in it.

JackOd
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I've never done an RP event, what exactly do you do?

hampy
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I've never done an RP event, what exactly do you do?
Sit there saying har har and things being bored out of your mind waiting for some suck up to come along and take the prize

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Sit there saying har har and things being bored out of your mind waiting for some suck up to come along and take the prize

Cranky are we?

Crow
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Hey, RP can be alot of fun, really o.O I always like to do some RP ;o

hampy
03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
well it can be fun yes, but when you have people who suck up to the EM because they know they will get a prize from it make it pointless. that is why I do not like RP events, it happens every single time

MajinDragon
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
So i have to talk in old english to pass the first stage?...

jonnyrocks2
03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Sounds interesting...I'll see if I can poke around this weekend. =p

Sam
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Don't understand why you are be so negative. :confused:

hampy
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Well basically because every RP event someone wins because they are friends with the events master, every single time it has happened. This means its not fair and thats why I hate RP event so much, SOME of the event masters are so corrupt they only give the prizes to their friends :oo:

Crimson2005
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Well basically because every RP event someone wins because they are friends with the events master, every single time it has happened. This means its not fair and thats why I hate RP event so much, SOME of the event masters are so corrupt they only give the prizes to their friends :oo:

Sad but true, ive known this to happen.

Sam
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Sad but true, ive known this to happen.

So I did a bad job because it's my responsibility to take care of such things. I have to think about my resignation as Events Admin. :\

hampy
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
So I did a bad job because it's my responsibility to take care of such things. I have to think about my resignation as Events Admin. :\
Nope, you just need to stop big prizes being given out in RP events because they will go to the wrong people. The only way you could make it fair would be if you hosted the RP event and no other event masters were allowed to pick the winner.

Just think about it, who would you pick? Someone who is horrible to you all the time, but did a awesome job of RP... or your best friend who is always nice to you? who did an ok job of RP :p

sage_scooby
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM

I've been in RP events and not just "friends" of the EM win. I've also hosted some where my "friends" did not win

I can't speak as of the past few months, cause I was gone for a while.

hampy
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage, you were the reason I put "SOME" EMs, because you are in my opinion the most reliable EM, from what i've seen you are a great EM who is fair about everything and wouldn't be bias towards friends. Kyden is also a really good EM but Sage is my fav =D!

sage_scooby
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Sage, you were the reason I put "SOME" EMs, because you are in my opinion the most reliable EM, from what i've seen you are a great EM who is fair about everything and wouldn't be bias towards friends. Kyden is also a really good EM but Sage is my fav =D!

Aww <3

Well I dont seem to be an EM right now, no rights. Though I hope I can get reinstated now that I am active again. I saw Kyden host the other day he seems to do a very good job.

Oh and to make sure I stay on topic. The event sounds well I dunno, can we get any more details?

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Actually you ppl still tend to think the negative stuff...alright the suprise to make this oh so fair. I would have a list (when sam gets on to give me em bag refill) of numbers...1 to lets say 20. there would be 20 buried envelopes. whatever one you find has a number. that number corrosponds to a prize. I won't know what is buried where as I am gonna ask a person to bury them for me and they can't take part in the bury bag hunt part of this huge event. nor will they know which number is the inferno and which is the thundersword.

That was its all fair.

Is this ok with you hampy?

cyan3
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't like rp events i like to rp for fun with friends and my kingdoms members but i don't like it when your forced to rp in a event just to win a price.

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 08:37 PM
That is what would have been told to the participants of the rp event after it was over.

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't like rp events i like to rp for fun with friends and my kingdoms members but i don't like it when your forced to rp in a event just to win a price.

I am not forcing anyone to take part. They will for the prizes and revealed would have been the bury bag hunt....and no one outside the event would be allowed to take part. that way its fair to everyone and i am limiting it to one bag per participant..so if you dig one thats it you come to me in bomb trade or wherever i ask you to meet me to get your prize.

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM

You are being sarcastic right? ((yes sometimes even i can't tell))

hampy
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes he was, Sam is the best staff GK has he wil never, ever resign!

sage_scooby
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes he was, Sam is the best staff GK has he wil never, ever resign!

Long live Sam! Hip hip hooray!

:Back in on topic land:

I hope I can attend the event!

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I hope you can too Sage. Your always fun to have around.

Cubical
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
rp events are more unfair than waterglass

Googi
03-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Not negative. Truthful. Though he probably should have said "grandstander" instead of "suck up".

Ravenblade1979
03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Grandstander..i like that one. Actually the RP event is just a distraction. you don't win prizes from it.

Googi
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Grandstander..i like that one. Actually the RP event is just a distraction. you don't win prizes from it.

We're not necessarily talking about this event, but rather how RP events operate in general.

Ravenblade1979
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
We're not necessarily talking about this event, but rather how RP events operate in general.

Ah ok.

garglius1
03-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I'll try to be there, the prize giving seems like a good idea. That is, if Raven lets me participate... :(

MajinDragon
03-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Actually you ppl still tend to think the negative stuff...alright the suprise to make this oh so fair. I would have a list (when sam gets on to give me em bag refill) of numbers...1 to lets say 20. there would be 20 buried envelopes. whatever one you find has a number. that number corrosponds to a prize. I won't know what is buried where as I am gonna ask a person to bury them for me and they can't take part in the bury bag hunt part of this huge event. nor will they know which number is the inferno and which is the thundersword.

That was its all fair.

Is this ok with you hampy?

I like that idea, but then won't the event be speed based? not like a nub with 1.299 speed is gonna get to an envelope b4 someone with 5.5+

Googi
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
I like that idea, but then won't the event be speed based? not like a nub with 1.299 speed is gonna get to an envelope b4 someone with 5.5+

In most "GO DIG IT" events, if you're spending more time running than you are digging you're doing it wrong.

4jordan4
03-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Any time so far of when it will be this weekend?

Ravenblade1979
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
As a events master I can't say no to you taking part as everyone should have a chance at the prizes Garglius..but outside that don't bother me alright.

Ravenblade1979
03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
I am gonna shoot for around 11 or 12 my time (day and i am cst in canada).

Umm it will be confined to a certain area and am serious when I say that its only 1 prize a person..so once you get one you come to me. I will be checking off the numbers as they come in. You will have to present both the bury bag and envelope with the number to me. and to make it so no one cheats i am actually gonna make the numbers a bit different..won't say how but i will.

MajinDragon
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Aww so everyone has a 1 in 30 chance to get the infernal dagger?...
i wanted to really get like 20 bags :mad:

Ravenblade1979
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry but i want each person to win one prize and i am limiting it to 30 ppl..so like a hour before the event i will start taking ppl's names down who want to take part..once all 30 are fulll no more is added

MajinDragon
03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Can't you like... take names down like now? at a fee?

Ravenblade1979
03-07-2007, 11:33 PM
A fee?? and what should i charge??

Tigairius
03-08-2007, 03:01 AM
A fee? This is an event. There should be no fee.

Ravenblade1979
03-08-2007, 05:35 AM
I wasn't being serious Tig.

Cubical
03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
why do you have to take names down? everyone should be able to participate

SayianOozaru
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
RP events are ***. I sat through one of ravenblades RP events for about an hour and a half sometime ago, and I don't think anything even happened because he had to leave.

They take to long, and really have no point to them. And players play events for prizes, if the event were "just for fun" I doubt more than maybe 3 players would show up.

Of course, I don't play GK anymore. And thats one of the reasons why.

In most "GO DIG IT" events, if you're spending more time running than you are digging you're doing it wrong.
Ya, but when the "hint" for where the bags are burried are givin out, the fastest person gets there first. And it takes a hell of a lot longer when you have 1.299 speed to get across the map than it does when you have 6.299

Ravenblade1979
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Again you people complain about nothing at all.

Cubes I have only so many prizes to handout so I am taking that many slots of people. If I have over that I need more prizes that frankly I just don't have.

And for those that haven't read this topic fully...the bury bag dig will happen after the rp event and you will only be allowed ONE prize. so once you get a bag you contact me. I will be keeping count by a) who you are (like if you are in the event) and b) what letter you got (I will be marking it down). This way I am to ensure that everyone gets one. If for some reason all the bags are dug but some ppl didn't get a prize then I know someone got greedy and dug more bags for themself then they should have.

Ravenblade1979
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
As it looks now..unless they fix this huge lag problem by saturday I might be able to hold the event.

Ravenblade1979
03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
OK its fixed...13 slots open. I am doing it this way because I only have 30 prizes to give and don't need 60 people taking part.

MasterNuke
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
So when is this exactly?

MasterNuke
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread has too much crap in it and you should of posted the important event information elsewhere.

Yes, I did miss it. I couldn't find the time of the event because of Ravenblade's terrible posting style and all the other garbage in this thread.

Why am I "whining" because I missed the event? "Oh no you don't get any prizes, QQ more"? **** off if you're thinking that. I'm pissed off because I think Ravenblade needs to take his EM job more seriously. Nearly every time I see him host an event, he half-asses something. Things varying from formatting in his mass messages to just plain quitting in the middle of an event because of an individual out of 30 others bothering him.

(Double posted because I can't edit my last post. Also, important parts are bolded)

Ravenblade1979
03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Ed all you had to do was read until i stated a time. I expected people to read the forums. You could have also asked me when it was as I told everyone who asked me when it was. even told them my current time so they would know. I can show you pm upon pm of me telling people.

I do take my hosting serioud Ed. But your usually not around for the reason i cancel things. Sometimes it's I have to go irl. But usually its more then one person isn't listening. Look me and other EM's are doing this at events. RP Event really don't matter to me anymore. Hasn't mattered since people made it clear that all they want is prizes. Seriously though if your basing what i do off rp events you need to wake up. I can show you lists of events I have hosted.

I will say this to the general public and please dont flame this. We EM's (well me for sure) are gonna show our fangs at events. If you don't listen we will cancel or kick you. I generally will cancel if I have something IRL to do or if more then 35% of the participants act up. Well mostly on RP Event and soccer. But the rest I could really care less about. I don't get paid to host these things. This is on my time. I had to pay for my own account. I don't have uber leet items. In fact if you seen what I had in my inventory you would be shocked.

Ravenblade1979
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Can someone close the topic pls...the events over so there is no need for this thread anymore.

MasterNuke
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Ed all you had to do was read until i stated a time. I expected people to read the forums. You could have also asked me when it was as I told everyone who asked me when it was. even told them my current time so they would know. I can show you pm upon pm of me telling people.

I do take my hosting serioud Ed. But your usually not around for the reason i cancel things. Sometimes it's I have to go irl. But usually its more then one person isn't listening. Look me and other EM's are doing this at events. RP Event really don't matter to me anymore. Hasn't mattered since people made it clear that all they want is prizes. Seriously though if your basing what i do off rp events you need to wake up. I can show you lists of events I have hosted.

I will say this to the general public and please dont flame this. We EM's (well me for sure) are gonna show our fangs at events. If you don't listen we will cancel or kick you. I generally will cancel if I have something IRL to do or if more then 35% of the participants act up. Well mostly on RP Event and soccer. But the rest I could really care less about. I don't get paid to host these things. This is on my time. I had to pay for my own account. I don't have uber leet items. In fact if you seen what I had in my inventory you would be shocked.

I did read it.
This thread has too much crap in it and you should of posted the important event information elsewhere.

People were just thinking about prizes because you discussed exactly how they were being handed out. If you don't want people just hungry for prizes, don't tell people about them.

No, you don't take your hosting seriously enough. Try shaping up your typing skills. In an online game, one's typing skills tend to directly influence the respect that they get. Don't cancel events if there is any way to avoid it. If you have something to do IRL, don't host an event if you know that there is a scenario that will cause you to cancel.

This is on my time. I had to pay for my own account. I don't have uber leet items. In fact if you seen what I had in my inventory you would be shocked.

If you're seriously going to use that as an excuse, you might as well quit now.