PDA

View Full Version : Photons x.x

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:23 AM
I for one am sick and tired of getting killed over and over by photons. When I complain, i'm called a noob and ppl say "if you cant kill one your a noob" I can kill a player w/ a photon, sure, but only if i they aernt proficint at it, and many are.

What I am suggesting to Stefan is to power down the photon, make it less powerful (less expensive as the power goes down too, MAYBE.) Any1 agree? comments?

Davidd
03-05-2007, 12:30 AM
i voted keep it the same cause i already paid for it and unless all the staff will repay for everyone taht owns a photon leave it the way it is.

Leoxx
03-05-2007, 12:33 AM
NO ABSOLUTLY NOT, if u do that then even MORE ppl well be running around saying "LOLZ LOK AT ME1 I ARES USING PHOTON!!1"

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
i voted keep it the same cause i already paid for it and unless all the staff will repay for everyone taht owns a photon leave it the way it is.

well maybe they should. it was a mistake to bring it in to the game, because it IS the ultimate weapon and normal players and noobs especially will get killed repeatedly to the point where they dont want to play and graal loses MORE players

Leoxx
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
i hope we lose a little compitition

ceserthen
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
It has weaknesses to exploit, you just have to find them. It's just not as weak as some other weapons (R-51's). The same thing happened with the DS earlier. Just find it's weakness.

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:38 AM
It has weaknesses to exploit, you just have to find them. It's just not as weak as some other weapons (R-51's). The same thing happened with the DS earlier. Just find it's weakness.

x.x it HAS none

xAzerothx
03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
The photon has already been powered down. I think it use to do 24 but, I don't remember. It can't shoot very far so just range it. Most of the people who I see use the photon just hold down S. So when they're doing that dodge shoot and repeat.

Davidd
03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
x.x it HAS none

Kv9
Aprrices
gravitrion
DS
Dh18
all guns that spread can easily kill people with strait rifles :s just strafe him with stafe
or just pwne him with pure skillz :x

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:42 AM
The photon has already been powered down. I think it use to do 24 but, I don't remember. It can't shoot very far so just range it. Most of the people who I see use the photon just hold down S. So when they're doing that dodge shoot and repeat.

it should be powered down more, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLZ GET RID OF THAT PICK its giving me nightmares...

Davidd
03-05-2007, 12:44 AM
no it shoudnt, if so un power like 1275167 of the guns in zone X_X

xAzerothx
03-05-2007, 12:46 AM
it should be powered down more, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLZ GET RID OF THAT PICK its giving me nightmares...

I'm not paying 18k for something that does 10 damage unless it looks really cool. What picture?

I haven't killed a photon with a gravitron yet. I gotta put that on my list.

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm not paying 18k for something that does 10 damage unless it looks really cool. What picture?

I haven't killed a photon with a gravitron yet. I gotta put that on my list.

the fat guy pic, THEN LOWER PRICE!

SayianOozaru
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Uhhh more complaining. The photon is an easy kill. Rifles can't hit you if your standing in front of them. A Plasmasaber can kill a photon pretty easily.

And heres a hint. DONT RUN INTO THE BULLETS, learn to dodge them, even if that means turning around or running back a few steps. Photons can be killed by 1 app, if the player actually knows what there doing. I know, I've done it and seen it done before.

xAzerothx
03-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Uhhh more complaining. The photon is an easy kill. Rifles can't hit you if your standing in front of them. A Plasmasaber can kill a photon pretty easily.

How do you get close to a photon that's a commando class? You can't use jet to get close to them or they'll run away.

Crono
03-05-2007, 12:53 AM
i want photon to be as strong as it was when it was first released...stefan actually lowered the attack :/

SayianOozaru
03-05-2007, 12:58 AM
I know :\

Because of people like the kid that made the thread.

If you want a rifle to be decreased because of being overpowered, look at the enhancedpulsar.

Glefistus
03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
I know :\

Because of people like the kid that made the thread.

If you want a rifle to be decreased because of being overpowered, look at the enhancedpulsar.

tru that, actually, the only thing rong w/ EPulsar is that wen u get shot, u cant move while they fire, and WTF IS WITH THE POISON THAT DOSNT LET U MOVE!!?!

Davidd
03-05-2007, 01:05 AM
ok there are powerful rfles yes but they shot STRAIT so they are VERY predicteble

SayianOozaru
03-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Enhanced Pulsar;

5 dmg per bullet. Shoots 4 bullets at once.
Freeze time = ~Red Rifles
Takes up 8 energy
Goes about as far as LR Pulsar

Photon;
22 dmg per bullet. Shoots 1 bullet.
Freeze time = Slower than Red Rifle and Blue Rifle
Takes up 0 energy
Goes about as far as a kv24

now, which weapon did you think was over powered again?

Davidd
03-05-2007, 04:15 AM
XD none there ok balnce IMO

Dante55555
03-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Photon is without a doubt the worst, most lame weapon ever. (I know i used to use it all the time) But apart from all the time and effort sayian put into it making it look like a giant fish, refunding every player that had 1 and also creating a rage for people who love them, YOU shouldn't play zone if you can't handle being beaten, photon or not.

This problems nothing to do with photons and you know it, photon is an unbelievable advantage to any player that holds them, i know i lost a 150 bounty to 1 in like 2 seconds, but just because you can't beet someone, doesn't mean you have to take away there advantage. Make your own advantage..

Enhanced Pulsar;

5 dmg per bullet. Shoots 4 bullets at once.
Freeze time = ~Red Rifles
Takes up 8 energy
Goes about as far as LR Pulsar

Photon;
22 dmg per bullet. Shoots 1 bullet.
Freeze time = Slower than Red Rifle and Blue Rifle
Takes up 0 energy
Goes about as far as a kv24

now, which weapon did you think was over powered again?

Thats the gun i prefer to use to beat it :D Its just a shame its only on a slow class :( (If it wasn't it would be mayhem WOOHOO!)

dude2020
03-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Thats the gun i prefer to use to beat it :D Its just a shame its only on a slow class :( (If it wasn't it would be mayhem WOOHOO!)OH but it is. How could you forget the Commander class?!

Glefistus
03-06-2007, 02:45 AM
well, zone could be reset.. NOW I DONT WANT IT TO BE becuz that wud rlly suk, but wat do u guys think? mebbe take sum laming weps out u know?

pooper200000
03-06-2007, 02:47 AM
well, zone could be reset.. NOW I DONT WANT IT TO BE becuz that wud rlly suk, but wat do u guys think? mebbe take sum laming weps out u know?

I like most of teh weapons. I don't want a reset when I have more hours than most zone players at nearly 700 hours..... I also don't want to lose my stats and all the weapons I have earned. The photon is fine. Learn to dodge it. I have it and I honestly prefer to use the rr and laserforce over it....

Googi
03-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Anything with spread is good against photons.

Glefistus
03-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Anything with spread is good against photons.

but i dont like changing weps much, and i only like using ones i am proficient at like RR or saber or kv24, so id b good w/ a photon, i just wont get 1 cuz ill b a hypocrite!

pooper200000
03-06-2007, 02:52 AM
but i dont like changing weps much, and i only like using ones i am proficient at like RR or saber or kv24, so id b good w/ a photon, i just wont get 1 cuz ill b a hypocrite!

just use photon then or use a weapon with spread if your too lazy to why shouldn't the staff be the same amount of lazy and leave it be??

dude2020
03-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Hell why should staff change it/delete cause you're too damn lazy to change weapons :/

Tracker180
03-06-2007, 04:20 AM
yea, hell damn cuzuity zoo quit yappin' aboot thongs dat will't come true motha....

dude2020
03-06-2007, 05:26 AM
yea, hell damn cuzuity zoo quit yappin' aboot thongs dat will't come true motha....Please start typing well so people understand.... Zone REALLY needs to improve from Slobbering retards to Slobbering Idiots real bad.

xAzerothx
03-06-2007, 05:29 AM

How about no. People play because of the AWESOME laming weapons. Like the photon and doubleshot.

Googi
03-06-2007, 05:30 AM

So practice with spread weapons.

Crono
03-06-2007, 05:51 AM
So practice with spread weapons.

dont even need that, he can just get aprippers and spam them towards the photon cannon, quite easy since theres little freeze time

Tracker180
03-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Please start typing well so people understand.... Zone REALLY needs to improve from Slobbering retards to Slobbering Idiots real bad.

sorry, sorry i was laughing too hard when i read all these new arguements andyway i meant to say "dude, the photon is prolly gonna stay the same thing it is, so just quit whining and figure out a way to beat it and maybe people will respect you more than they already do but if you can't beat it then try your hardest and if you are affraid then RUN FOR YOUR GODFORSAKEN LIFE! BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T THE FUXING PHOTONS WILL COME INTO YOUR BASE AND LAME THE **** OUT OF YOU!

SayianOozaru
03-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Any weapon can beat any other weapon. It's not how "lame" it is. They all have there kicks, and they all have there set backs. If you really want to beat someone (this is how i fight), learn the angles that the weapon can shoot, and stay out of that one angle.

Spread weapons are the best, of course. :)

Glefistus
03-06-2007, 08:40 AM
How about no. People play because of the AWESOME laming weapons. Like the photon and doubleshot.

DS isnt a laming wep, at least to me

Crono
03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Please start typing well so people understand.... Zone REALLY needs to improve from Slobbering retards to Slobbering Idiots real bad.

the irony is killing me, like taking a chunk of my heart and running away.

john, dont forget your old title

it makes me a sand panda sometimes but its ok

SayianOozaru
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
*****. I miss crono posting here.

:cry:

godofwarares
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow, This was kind of obvious, the turnout of the poll, but I guess thats because (most) everyone who plays Zone and posts on the forums has photons ;P

pooper200000
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow, This was kind of obvious, the turnout of the poll, but I guess thats because (most) everyone who plays Zone and posts on the forums has photons ;P

I have a photon and I got a couple hundred kils and I haven't used it for probaly a month or so now. I honestly prefer the rr.

UnknownMasterMind
03-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok, I do not own a Photon, I own a Blue Rifle, And a Jetpack. And I have no problem with the photon. Actually, It sucks in my opinion, I found out Blue Rifle goes Further, And I can easily kill anyone using a Photon with Appirces, Yes, Even when they are using Commando class too. I also can kill them IrPulsar, And that has no spread. :/

Sincerely,
Desear

dude2020
03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
john, dont forget your old title>.> It doesn't have retard in it now does it? ;)

Ok, I do not own a Photon, I won a Blue Rifle, And a Jetpack. And I have no problem with the photon. Actually, It sucks in my opinion, I found out Blue Rifle goes Further, And I can easily kill anyone using a Photon with Appirces, Yes, Even when they are using Commando class too. I also can kill them IrPulsar, And that has no spread. :/

Sincerely,
DesearRandom noobs don't count... Or Az.... infact no one counts cause they noobs xD (i aint the photon list and never was if anyone says that they lie!)

xAzerothx
03-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Oh right. Lr pwns Photon. It barely has any freeze time so you can get a few shots in and not get hit by the bad guy. Then when you kill them with 100 hp left they go "WTF H4X0R."

80 damage in one shot is only kinda lame. >.> You could backstrafe and keep shooting with it to in turn making people mad. They won't be able to hit you but you keep hitting them.

Huwajux
03-06-2007, 11:54 PM
We are thinking of making the player a bit slower when fighting with the photon. If you are so terrified of such things happening, you shouldn't be. You must have made up for the money you spent on the photon with the photon ten fold.

invaderzim66889
03-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Keep the same. Solution: use a gun with good spread.

I MADE A GUIDE TOO

<3 Zim

xAzerothx
03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
(i aint the photon list and never was if anyone says that they lie!)

You use to be on it. I remember you going Lolazmegonapasunfoton.

We are thinking of making the player a bit slower when fighting with the photon. If you are so terrified of such things happening, you shouldn't be. You must have made up for the money you spent on the photon with the photon ten fold.

This doesn't sound good. Let me get a few thousand more photon kills first.

Tracker180
03-07-2007, 06:34 AM

I don't because honestly....it sucks. Period. For me, its too slow and too powerful, i like a little challenge on my rifles, and besides too many nubs use it, the price is too low, specially cuz the Xmas pack and that free 8K(I saw a soldier with one).

Ok, I do not own a Photon, I own a Blue Rifle, And a Jetpack. And I have no problem with the photon. Actually, It sucks in my opinion, I found out Blue Rifle goes Further, And I can easily kill anyone using a Photon with Appirces, Yes, Even when they are using Commando class too. I also can kill them IrPulsar, And that has no spread. :/

AMEN!

Random noobs don't count... Or Az.... infact no one counts cause they noobs xD (i aint the photon list and never was if anyone says that they lie!)

that was uncalled for....

Huwajux
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
This doesn't sound good. Let me get a few thousand more photon kills first.
It is fine. The photon is totally overpowered. It doesn't matter how much you bought it for, it is overpowered.

Crono
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
It is fine. The photon is totally overpowered. It doesn't matter how much you bought it for, it is overpowered.

Uh no it isn't. The thing doesn't really have far range and you have to be good at aiming without relying on spread.

Crow
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Uh no it isn't. The thing doesn't really have far range and you have to be good at aiming without relying on spread.

Yea, its just a little better for inside laming ;o But I always **** the people who do this with a chaingun lol.

Huwajux
03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
It is a semi-automatic plasma cannon. It does almost a quarter of a players maximum health when shooting 1 single bullet. It's range is medium and not short. It can fire a quickly charged shot which only consumes 10 ammo altogether but can cause extremely damaging results and it can be used on the fastest classes in the game.

Crono
03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
It is a semi-automatic plasma cannon. It does almost a quarter of a players maximum health when shooting 1 single bullet. It's range is medium and not short. It can fire a quickly charged shot which only consumes 10 ammo altogether but can cause extremely damaging results and it can be used on the fastest classes in the game.

thats because it's such a big and technologically advanced weapon. :cool:

on another note, its range still isn't long enough to really call it lame (just lrpulsar/apripper your way out of it). you could use the above arguments and call mortar the lamest gun in the game. (long range, kills players in 1-2 hits)

xAzerothx
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM

x_x What I meant is this is a good idea but, now I might need to put a little more effort in instead of holding down the S key and hoping for someone to get in the way.

Huwajux
03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
thats because it's such a big and technologically advanced weapon. :cool:

on another note, its range still isn't long enough to really call it lame (just lrpulsar/apripper your way out of it). you could use the above arguments and call mortar the lamest gun in the game. (long range, kills players in 1-2 hits)
Heh, read the post below you.

Crono
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Heh, read the post below you.

I don't get the point?

Huwajux
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
x_x What I meant is this is a good idea but, now I might need to put a little more effort in instead of holding down the S key and hoping for someone to get in the way.
See now? :\

Davidd
03-09-2007, 03:34 PM
:x some poeple can stil press s rapidly to do the same thing >:(

Crono
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
See now? :\

No, I don't. Unless you're suggesting you only need to hold S down to kill someone with photon, which is not true.

Davidd
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
if ur Hq laming u do XD

Huwajux
03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
No, I don't. Unless you're suggesting you only need to hold S down to kill someone with photon, which is not true.
Ugh, dude what I said was not meant to be taken seriously, but since you did not understand it, it has turned into something that must be explained.

Davidd
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Than eexplain it to him
dont just say that O_O

Crono
03-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Ugh, dude what I said was not meant to be taken seriously, but since you did not understand it, it has turned into something that must be explained.

So I'm going to finally assume what I said was the point? Whether it was a joke or not?

if ur Hq laming u do XD

applies for almost any weapon

colin012
03-13-2007, 04:02 AM
I want to keep them beacuse people worked hard for them thus giving them the rights to use em but if you get rid of their power make a new one that looks the same but power it down. and make the old one unbyable.. But it has a weekness. it has crapy sperde. it's very acuret but it's easy to dodge.

MisterMastermind
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I have lovingly dubbed photon cannon the newb stick.

Glefistus
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
photons are lame. period.

Dante55555
04-01-2007, 10:53 PM

This thread is back again? Hasn't it already been made obviouse that no matter how lame YOU think it is the people of zone prefer it if it is kept, and kept the same as it is.

Leoxx
04-01-2007, 10:55 PM

omfg THREAD REVIVER

Glefistus
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
omfg THREAD REVIVER

no i just hadnt been online for awhile and wanted to make it clear i hate photons once again....... :rolleyes: fine w/e SO WAT IF I REVIVED IT x_x

Davidd
04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
its a pointless thread that should be locked because no more arguments are being made, and everyone wants to keep it, so further more post will justbe nonsense crap

Dante55555
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM
no i just hadnt been online for awhile and wanted to make it clear i hate photons once again....... :rolleyes: fine w/e SO WAT IF I REVIVED IT x_x

Im not quiet sure about this, but reviving old threads isn't legal..

dude2020
04-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Im not quiet sure about this, but reviving old threads isn't legal..It depends on how old it is.

Davidd
04-03-2007, 01:10 AM
And now the thread will remain dead for again i say this is pointless to continue this thread