PDA

View Full Version : Idea(s).

SayianOozaru
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, I've been slowly staying up all day and night, and whenever I get on Zone at around 3 in the morning (my time), theres only like 4-8 people on x_x

So I thought it'd be cool to have like 5 permenant bots that ran around on each team. That way you always have someone to fight, and this way you would be able to play on any "Planet" without having to wait for people to show up.

I think it'd help keep the server more active than it currently is.

If the bots are added, each should have a different class + weapon, and should add a bounty just like a normal player (kills/time without dying).

Thoughts? Comments?

jkool666
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
So I thought it'd be cool to have like 5 permenant bots that ran around on each team?
Not the bolded word. A staff command to activate them would be better. Staff are on pretty much spread throughout the day. So there would always be at least one person on who can change this.

UnknownMasterMind
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Only activate them when their are less then 10 people on the Planet, But what would their difficulty level be!? (Easy,Medium,Hard,Spar Bot?)

Sincerely,
Desear

Huwajux
03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Don't like it. I feel it would be abused somehow.

Anyway, why would you get up at 3am to play Graal? That's when everyone who is not American is getting ready for school.

Davidd
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
for the people whom dont go to school :O or have the day off? or a snowday like right now :o?

xAzerothx
03-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Does it add to your kills/deaths?
That would be awesome having an "elite" difficulty Bot with 2000 bounty. This could stop unbalanced teams too. >.>

[email protected] BOT.

Tracker180
03-02-2007, 02:27 AM
I can see it now:

Tracker180 killed by TeamBot 1-5 with selected weapon(+ bounty exp)
Wedge's Fan: OMFG that damned bot is way lame, it even killed WEDGE! i suspect it is hacking

IXIs_Last_Stand
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
designate somepeople with commands like /add/remove bot sweep fleet etc

Admins
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Hmmm not sure if it's that easy to make a bot work fine on Iricia. The bots can avoid bullets, but capturing bases or similar requires more advanced scripting I guess.

Crono
03-02-2007, 02:08 PM
i think putting bots in deathmatch would be cool though

Huwajux
03-02-2007, 06:15 PM
for the people whom dont go to school :O or have the day off? or a snowday like right now :o?
It's called work. You play Graal on snowdays?

SayianOozaru
03-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmmm not sure if it's that easy to make a bot work fine on Iricia. The bots can avoid bullets, but capturing bases or similar requires more advanced scripting I guess.
Couldn't you just make 5 bots, and have them spawn on each one of the bases instead of the dropship? And have them sit on the bases until someone (enemy) comes near, and then have the bots fire at them? Then have them return to the base if they win the fight, or the guy leaves the area..?

Anyway, why would you get up at 3am to play Graal? That's when everyone who is not American is getting ready for school.
It wouldn't be able to be abused. The bots would "act" like a regular player. The only way it might be abused is if someone logs on a trial and lets the bot kill them until the bot gets a high bounty, but still that'd be acting like some players still.

And the only reason I'm up so late, is because my hours keep getting messed up. Im awake from about 2 in the afternoon, til 10 in the morning...I don't get much sleep anymore.

pooper200000
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM

bounties....
Hmmm not sure if it's that easy to make a bot work fine on Iricia. The bots can avoid bullets, but capturing bases or similar requires more advanced scripting I guess. if you do add them make them hesitate somewhat like a normal player would they move to smooth on spar....

Couldn't you just make 5 bots, and have them spawn on each one of the bases instead of the dropship? And have them sit on the bases until someone (enemy) comes near, and then have the bots fire at them? Then have them return to the base if they win the fight, or the guy leaves the area..?And the only reason I'm up so late, is because my hours keep getting messed up. Im awake from about 2 in the afternoon, til 10 in the morning...I don't get much sleep anymore.
base laming with bots??!?! :D would they have jetpacks?? and they need more delay then..

Davidd
03-03-2007, 01:26 AM

Why dont u just take same script and put them nar base with same sensing scripting and leave the other players get bases, or/and make people give comands to bot like falllow me, attack, help take base, an make some few restriction like the other teams

so basicly just ad a few kinks to programme

seanthien
03-04-2007, 06:39 AM
I read some of it.. Not all of it like alwasy xD. The idea.. Its ok i mean who is on at 3:00Am O-o Americans are sleeping by then ;-;. And I think if bots were to happen it mgiht as well be bots for like quest or something. Or if there is a bot make it to where they protect bases like if you own a base.A marine has to come and build a bot ( takes 10 secs or more) but onyl if you own the base and only marines can.Either that or quest system =\ For like weapons and stuff or $.

Davidd
03-05-2007, 12:45 AM
this is better, but more complicating to balance out :X 65764 bot vs 1 XD