PDA

View Full Version : Classes

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:35 PM
On Babylon we have a "sorta" class system. Players have the option to fight for Warriors of Light or Warriors of Dark. I want it so if they talk to this guy and say somthing like "light" then they are added to a local guild called Warriors of Light. And the same thing for Dark. Im gonna have it so they have different battle grounds, weapons, etc. Light is dedicated to the safety of the towns and other players (noobs basically) and dark tries to kill Light and Pillage towns and stuff. Then if Light tries to enter darks temple or vice versa they are attacked by tons of gaurds and killed. =) I just need to know how to make it so they are added to the guild list on the server if they choose. If someone can help me with this I will pay on graal2001 or just be your friend (i wonder which people will choose) :D

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
On Babylon we have a "sorta" class system. Players have the option to fight for Warriors of Light or Warriors of Dark. I want it so if they talk to this guy and say somthing like "light" then they are added to a local guild called Warriors of Light. And the same thing for Dark. Im gonna have it so they have different battle grounds, weapons, etc. Light is dedicated to the safety of the towns and other players (noobs basically) and dark tries to kill Light and Pillage towns and stuff. Then if Light tries to enter darks temple or vice versa they are attacked by tons of gaurds and killed. =) I just need to know how to make it so they are added to the guild list on the server if they choose. If someone can help me with this I will pay on graal2001 or just be your friend (i wonder which people will choose) :D
You would need an NPC Server.

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:37 PM

You mean like actual guild tag? o.O cant be done..actually if your thinking like the temp tags on g2k1 for events thats in stefans secret command list..and its only temporary,until you log off... Otherwise it cant be done..if you wanna be able to work the game around being light or dark..just set a flag

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
You mean like actual guild tag? o.O cant be done..actually if your thinking like the temp tags on g2k1 for events thats in stefans secret command list..and its only temporary,until you log off... Otherwise it cant be done..if you wanna be able to work the game around being light or dark..just set a flag
Yes it can be done, you need an NPC Server along with the commands for it.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:40 PM
oh no, are you serious? Well what would be better. Should I have it so when they talk to the guy and become one they have a flag set like server.class=light or somthing? I dont know how badly this would make it all lag. Or should I just find a staff who is always on that has FTP access and they talk to him to become one? I cant think of anything else. :(

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:42 PM
oh no, are you serious? Well what would be better. Should I have it so when they talk to the guy and become one they have a flag set like server.class=light or somthing? I dont know how badly this would make it all lag. Or should I just find a staff who is always on that has FTP access and they talk to him to become one? I cant think of anything else. :(
Yes I am serious, and you can become P2P.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I know the commands but I want this to be a free server. Anyways, if you guys dont think a flag would lag to much I think I will just do that. should it be like this

if(playerchats){
if(strequals,#c(light)){
set server.class=light;
}
}

That prolly has some errors but is that about the right script??

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:43 PM

discard your idea... dont do it like server flags.. just do it like a normal flag... like an example if you choose dark..
if(playersays(dark)) {
set playeris_dark;
}
and then you can work the dark warriors or whatever around that flag..
if(playersays(light)) {
set playeris_light;
}
and then you can work the light warriors or whatever around that flag..

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:44 PM
well if we went p2p we would be the next best server to 2001 at the moment considering the others ones have either 5 nice levels or 500 empty levels, LOL. No, ever since the start I said I was gonna make this free.

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:45 PM
well if we went p2p we would be the next best server to 2001 at the moment considering the others ones have either 5 nice levels or 500 empty levels, LOL. No, ever since the start I said I was gonna make this free.
Free servers suck. You stay free to not have the perks of being P2P, have lag, PKing, and hacking? Sounds like more work to me.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:50 PM
hmm, i see. Thanks alot. I got a couple more questions. First, for an NPC they buy this would work right:

if(playersays(fire))&&classlight=true{
blah blah;
}

Is that right or would it be like

if(playersays(fire)){
if(classlight){
blah blah;
}

Then the other question is I want them to know for sure they are a Warrior of that class. I want somthing like on N-Pulse how at the top in the little box it says your class. I want somthing like that to say light or dark. How would you do that?

One more question then I shutup, Im trying to figure out how to show someone is a warrior of light or dark. Because I dont want people faking a {Light} thing or {Dark} how can I do this?

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:51 PM
yea but when ur p2p u have..lets see.. about 5 people max daily on the server.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:52 PM
When your free you have the pride of 50 - 100 players running around working together, etc. I have always wanted to know I was making players happy and this is my chance. If I had to go P2P I would prolly just delete Babylon.

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:53 PM
When your free you have the pride of 50 - 100 players running around working together, etc. I have always wanted to know I was making players happy and this is my chance. If I had to go P2P I would prolly just delete Babylon.

yep

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:53 PM
yea but when ur p2p u have..lets see.. about 5 people max daily on the server.
it makes it more fun for those 5 players :)

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SkooL

it makes it more fun for those 5 players :)
the 5 players are usually staff members... 1= npcs server and a few idling RC's... people for p2p work on their server so no one can enjoy it.actually all the p2p's right now are CRAP anyway p2p or not

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:58 PM
i agree. I just had a wonderful thought come to me. Stefan should delete all PWs accept 2001 and Classic. Go through all of them and ones that dont meet the Req. That Vincent has set are instantly gone and any stupid ones like Auroria, UN, Delteria Etc can stay gone. Sorry UN isnt as bad as the other 2. Anyways, Then after looking through them he decides which ones can come back up. And when he does this he grades really really hard.

SkooL
07-11-2001, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
the 5 players are usually staff members... 1= npcs server and a few idling RC's... people for p2p work on their server so no one can enjoy it.actually all the p2p's right now are CRAP anyway p2p or not
I have no staff helping me out :(

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 09:02 PM
Are you serious!?!? Me and my best friend are doing most of the levels. My head LAT, Bryant also helps a ton. I send him about 20 levels at the time and he fixes them up. Hes wonderful. Wait, Skool are you the one with the generated PW with like one house on it?

SkooL
07-11-2001, 09:04 PM
Are you serious!?!? Me and my best friend are doing most of the levels. My head LAT, Bryant also helps a ton. I send him about 20 levels at the time and he fixes them up. Hes wonderful. Wait, Skool are you the one with the generated PW with like one house on it?
I have lots of things on it. Look at the map, there is a link in my signature, I don't know if that map is current or not.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 09:06 PM
oh ok. Thats fairly nice. It needs to have lots of work done but from the map it looks like your doing good for being alone.

SkooL
07-11-2001, 09:07 PM
oh ok. Thats fairly nice. It needs to have lots of work done but from the map it looks like your doing good for being alone.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 09:08 PM
:D

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 09:16 PM
Geeeze i leave for 10 minutes and you guys just zooom off with this conversation without me

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 09:23 PM
LOLOL

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 09:25 PM
LOLOL

:( :( :(

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 09:36 PM
:( sorry

07-14-2001, 11:18 PM
hmm, i see. Thanks alot. I got a couple more questions. First, for an NPC they buy this would work right:

if(playersays(fire))&&classlight=true{
blah blah;
}

Is that right or would it be like

if(playersays(fire)){
if(classlight){
blah blah;
}

Then the other question is I want them to know for sure they are a Warrior of that class. I want somthing like on N-Pulse how at the top in the little box it says your class. I want somthing like that to say light or dark. How would you do that?

One more question then I shutup, Im trying to figure out how to show someone is a warrior of light or dark. Because I dont want people faking a {Light} thing or {Dark} how can I do this?

better use:

if (strequals(#c,fire)&&classlight) {
message here's your weapon sir!;
}
else {message WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE DARK GUY?!;
}

ownerofbabylon
07-15-2001, 01:11 AM
Thanks

entravial
07-15-2001, 08:02 AM
u could set a flag with thier account name so u can add them to ftp when u see it

Knightoffrost
07-15-2001, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by entravial
u could set a flag with thier account name so u can add them to ftp when u see it

That would be to much of a hassle

ownerofbabylon
07-15-2001, 10:50 AM
Yea, Im debating whether to just have it set a flag or to have it so I find someone who is constantly on and they can add them to FTP. (Thats there whole job)