PDA

View Full Version : Bars

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:02 PM
I have been getting alot better at scripting lately but there is one thing I cannot figure out how to make. I want to make an HP, MP, AP bar that replaces the hearts in the top right corner and erases the standard ones. Everytime I try and think of a way to make it work I either cant script it or it doesnt work. I know I sound lame and am gonna get verbally raped by some people but can anyone help me with this?

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
I have been getting alot better at scripting lately but there is one thing I cannot figure out how to make. I want to make an HP, MP, AP bar that replaces the hearts in the top right corner and erases the standard ones. Everytime I try and think of a way to make it work I either cant script it or it doesnt work. I know I sound lame and am gonna get verbally raped by some people but can anyone help me with this?
You need to edit the state.png image...

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:16 PM
oh i know, I was asking about the scripting part. Like to make it a bar or numbers (Xone) and have it change depending upon what happens. Like if they are hit the bar goes down and if they kill AP goes down.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:21 PM
anyone is free to comment or help

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:24 PM
It's not hard,the hardest part is making it as lag free as possible

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:26 PM
oh i know, I was asking about the scripting part. Like to make it a bar or numbers (Xone) and have it change depending upon what happens. Like if they are hit the bar goes down and if they kill AP goes down.
I prefer the heart system instead of HP bars or HP gauges, MP bars are better than MP gauges, and AP bars better than AP gauges...

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SkooL

I prefer the heart system instead of HP bars or HP gauges, MP bars are better than MP gauges, and AP bars better than AP gauges...

its not bad the way it is right now..with state.png..

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:31 PM
hmm, i guess i will stick with the original for now. One question though. If I want to edit the other things like how the A, S, and D look and like the arrows and bombs, do i just do that in like state.png or whatever the one is with those in it or do I have to script somthing into those. wait, omg im stupid, why the h*ll would u have to script that? hmm, *smacks self so hard flies and hits back wall*

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:40 PM
hmm, i guess i will stick with the original for now. One question though. If I want to edit the other things like how the A, S, and D look and like the arrows and bombs, do i just do that in like state.png or whatever the one is with those in it or do I have to script somthing into those. wait, omg im stupid, why the h*ll would u have to script that? hmm, *smacks self so hard flies and hits back wall*
The player downloads your state.png and replaces his current state.png with yours.

ownerofbabylon
07-11-2001, 08:55 PM
ok cool thanks

SkooL
07-11-2001, 08:58 PM
You're welcome :)

konidias
07-15-2001, 11:44 AM
I made a system NPC that works just like the magic bar and is located where the magic bar is.. (of course you can put it anywhere) You can use it for any type of value bar that you want.. If you want it, contact me on graal2001 and buy it from me for some gralat =D

Bars are pretty easy to do.. you have the bar image and you use showimg to show it on the screen and showimgpart to show part of the bar.

Of course you have to make sure you set the layer to 4 to keep it on top, and if its to be used globally make it an npc with the name *System or something when they start on your server and that would work.. you could use the same npc to make a complete status display. =)

Falcor
07-15-2001, 11:58 AM
OMG!!!! ILL buy it for liek 58yu3459345739 gralat on [email protected]! MAN THNAT SEWEMS SO AWSOEN! MAybe you should acution that script on E-baY!!! THAT WOULD BE Soo Le33t!~!!

entravial
07-15-2001, 01:33 PM
first of all stop asking for scripts so much
second of all don't edit state.png
third of all editing state.png is extremely stupid because then you must put the state.png up for download and it will the normal one, so your's will appear on every server
fourth of all you use showimg and changimgvis instead, oh and showstats
fifth of all i like saying of all

Poogle
07-17-2001, 04:09 AM
LOL WAHAT NOOBS! READ BACK AND ICE PICK POSTED THE SCRIPT! Just make the img and he forgot the AP Bar on the script though.

ownerofbabylon
07-19-2001, 11:43 PM
Thank you poogle.