PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mentor

Draenin
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
For a short time, I was learning from Calani how to utilize some of the commands of gscript2, but she became very busy and I've not been able to speak with her as much.

What I could really use right now is someone who can explain to me some of the commands of gscript2 (Like arrays, GUI options, etc.) and then come up with small assignments to do so I can apply what I've learned. I need to be able to learn from someone who has quite a bit of free time and can teach others how to use some of the most vital gscript commands out there. I'd prefer it not be a GST, because from what I've seen, most are kept busy.

Anyone who'd like to volunteer will also be given permission to use anything I create. (So long as my accreditation stays in a comment at the head of the script.) I've done programming before, and learn at a very rapid rate, but I just don't know all of the commands I have at my disposal yet.

Skyld
02-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure how useful http://skyld.vip.graal.net/wikka.php?wakka=PageIndex will be to you for some functions or events.

Chandler
02-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd help you, if you accept that is! ;p

Kristi
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I would not mind helping either!

Draenin
02-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure how useful http://skyld.vip.graal.net/wikka.php?wakka=PageIndex will be to you for some functions or events.Yeah, you've shown me that before. However, it's very different to try and script it offline, and with no help from other people. (I use GS2 for what I write up.)

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'd need level uploading rights to an ordinary temp folder on a server so I can test out some NPCs. Chances are I can get help on Dual Ortus, but I don't think I should bother the developers, as I'm not really a member of staff there. (Though I have been asked to some up with some things for it.)

Gambet
02-23-2007, 12:29 AM
The wiki is a scripters best friend :)

Kristi
02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
The wiki is a scripters best friend :)
Wiki does not teach good alghorithims and exercises. Calani knew what she was doing. I can come up with some exercises for you.

Gambet
02-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Wiki does not teach good alghorithims and exercises. Calani knew what she was doing. I can come up with some exercises for you.

No, it does not teach you math, but it does teach you the basics, at least.

Angel_Light
02-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm always here (on the forums) if you need any of my useless advice, lol. I may not know alot but I'm always willing to input my thoughts/suggestions.

xXziroXx
02-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah, you've shown me that before. However, it's very different to try and script it offline, and with no help from other people. (I use GS2 for what I write up.)

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'd need level uploading rights to an ordinary temp folder on a server so I can test out some NPCs. Chances are I can get help on Dual Ortus, but I don't think I should bother the developers, as I'm not really a member of staff there. (Though I have been asked to some up with some things for it.)

I can arrange that on Mythic for you, if you'd still like too.

Draenin
02-23-2007, 03:52 AM
I can arrange that on Mythic for you, if you'd still like too.Yeah. I'd like that. I need a reason to renew, and I'd like to be able to learn at my leisure, because two jobs and school take up so much of my time.

Inverness
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Eh, I'm free to contact if you need any assistance or somewhere to test online.

Draenin
02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Alrighty. Much appreciated. I believe I'll be learning a bit from Ziro in the meantime.

Twinny
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Get Unixmad to reset my MySQL password and I can continue my site. I'll probably just keep using my current (crappy) format and keep it flowing ^^.

napo_p2p
02-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Get Unixmad to reset my MySQL password and I can continue my site. I'll probably just keep using my current (crappy) format and keep it flowing ^^.

I asked for an SQL reset once in 2005, then again at the beginning of 2006. Never got it :P.

Twinny
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I asked for an SQL reset once in 2005, then again at the beginning of 2006. Never got it :P.

:cry:. Someone donate a nice template to me and i'll get back to work ^^.

Crono
02-23-2007, 02:54 PM
i can help you become a great scripter like me

by the time you're done you'll be "if (playertouchsme)"'ing all over graal

Chandler
02-23-2007, 08:04 PM
i can help you become a great scripter like me

by the time you're done you'll be "if (playertouchsme)"'ing all over graal

Haha :D