PDA

View Full Version : Forest Changes

ReBorn_Spirit
02-22-2007, 08:57 AM
We are changing alot on Forest. It's about time we show the other members of the kingdom what in the world we do with all our extra time. Or whatever you would like to think we do on debug.

I'll post the map, answer questions, and take suggestions. Knock yourself out and for the love of all things holy, don't spam this. I don't want to read 30 pages of gibberish for one suggestion.

Also that southeastern island is for a forest/pirates town. Which I still would like to know what to build on that.

gravator
02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow, that looks fantastic to me, i'm wondering if forest will have more towns added, or just remain low profile like it always has? (during the time i started playing, forest was a place not many got into, this is all i remember about the kingdom anyways)

zell12
02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I see one new down in the east, and that island in the north... along with all those trees -- since the last time I was there. Not bad, I guess.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I am going to personally build a CP-Forest town on the southeast island.
The town you see in the northwest corner is actually Baleron now.
The town of Wimnim, the west coast town just north of the shipyard gate is redone and will have room for playerhouses in the town itself. Also a well has been added for a farming area at Wimnim.

The town of Seaside is a harbour actually, and so being such the area has been touched up some (debugged, literally) and will look much better then before. Seaside is that indent on the southern side of the main forest island, its rather hard to miss.

Avanik will have player houses for some of the town as well, but it will be nearest to the capital and needs some new buildings as well as a few suggestion as to what will be put there.

Palcati is my project on my todo list, and if you have a suggestion fire away. The town seems rather decent as it is now, but something still seems odd about it.

Also, theres the newer house designs we have yet to consider for newer towns and possibly a second player house style for forest.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71721

A fishing pond has been built with approval of staff as well, and as far as I know is working.
And yes that is a spar arena on the western side of the island, ontop of a mountain.

zell12
02-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Kingdom islands are lacking something... There isn't much on them really... Playerhouses, some tables for selling stuff, and all the general lumbermill, windmills, etc... I think they need something more.
:/

pooper200000
02-23-2007, 02:23 AM
Kingdom islands are lacking something... There isn't much on them really... Playerhouses, some tables for selling stuff, and all the general lumbermill, windmills, etc... I think they need something more.
:/
Maybe shops that are only accesible to the members of the kingdoms that have all types of items and have a higher chance of having kingdom items?? Im not sure....

zell12
02-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Sounds good... What about some flags around the islands that other kingdoms can capture? Would make people want to pk and go on islands more maybe? idk heh

I honestly don't know what to put on them. They are huge, and not much to put on them but a few towns, and some trees really... :/

pooper200000
02-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Sounds good... What about some flags around the islands that other kingdoms can capture? Would make people want to pk and go on islands more maybe? idk heh

I honestly don't know what to put on them. They are huge, and not much to put on them but a few towns, and some trees really... :/

I dunno how I got this from your post but kingdom related quests? Like for stuff from your kingdom or for your house?? I don't know....

ReBorn_Spirit
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Okay, here it is, the beta version of the new forest map, its mostly for debug purpose, but if you want to see generally where the new changes are happening, go ahead and see what it will start to look like on GK.

**Map size is 456 x 456 pixels, basically a shrunken down version of my larger map previous posted.

If you place this file into your graal folder /maps/
You will be able to see where about we are changing things.

hampy
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Thats a nice change, its good to see kingdom leaders taking care for their kingdom and trying to improve it. I take my hat off to you :)

Gothika
03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I like what your doing with the island. I can tell Forest is going to get much much better within the next year.
I'll go to Forest on debug later to look at it more detail.

cyan3
03-01-2007, 02:24 AM
The island is looking way better than it is now, i hope to see more updates getting done over the year. Keep up the good work :D