PDA

View Full Version : Music for my server

konidias
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Here is a quick loop sample of some main music for Bomy Island. This is like my third day using a midi controller keyboard so please be gentle with me.

I tried to give it an upbeat RPG kingdom theme. There is more to it I just haven't finished it yet... There's a whole bunch of little dittys left to add. :)

Chandler
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I rather like it.

Draenin
02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I'll check it out whenever I have the option of listening. :/

maximus_asinus
02-12-2007, 03:18 AM
In the beginning I thought it was going to be a remix of the Legends of Zelda theme song. The opening (after the drums) is identical.

Draenin
02-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Do you mean like the original one, or the really cool fast version from Tal Tal Heights in Link's Awakening?

Luda
02-12-2007, 07:33 AM
The beginning reminds me of Junon is FF7 :)

Twinny
02-12-2007, 08:50 AM
This is like my third day using a midi controller keyboard so please be gentle with me.

One thing I miss about high school: the music labs. One lab had a sweet keyboard hooked up to a computer for just this. Also had a guitar which had a convertor so it converted to midi to work with computer programs. It was sweet ^^.

Buy me an electric drumkit, electric guitar w/ midi convertor and i'll help you make the music :D

maximus_asinus
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Do you mean like the original one, or the really cool fast version from Tal Tal Heights in Link's Awakening?More like the overworld theme song from Link to the Past. It is only a couple seconds (0:04 - 0:08 sounds like it was taken directly from the game, sort of)

Personal Jesus
02-15-2007, 01:43 AM
It's a little too high pitched for me.

~But I could live with it

zell12
02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
It's okay I guess, I don't particularly like it though... I don't know...

Steal some beats from rpg maker :P

killerogue
02-15-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm loving it konidias. I tried making midis but mine sorta sucked. :O However did you go about doing this?

Twinny
02-16-2007, 09:11 AM
To be honest, the drumming offends my sense of timing ^^. It doesn't fit the melody and often collides with it. I may be able to help you make some better drumming riffs, I did my major music composition for a drumming piece :D

konidias
02-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm loving it konidias. I tried making midis but mine sorta sucked. :O However did you go about doing this?
I use a midi controller keyboard and Reason.

To be honest, the drumming offends my sense of timing ^^. It doesn't fit the melody and often collides with it. I may be able to help you make some better drumming riffs, I did my major music composition for a drumming piece :D
Yeah my drumming needs work. Like I said, I'm just getting used to this program and stuff. =p I actually don't think it's the drumming though, as much as the melody doesn't pace with the drums. I'm having trouble in that area.

As far as I'm aware, most music follows the drum beat, not the other way around... like you'll hear the same unaltering drum beat through a zelda song but the melody is going all crazy yet still keeping up. That's where I'm having difficulties I think.

zokemon
02-17-2007, 02:43 PM
That is a start but you have a long way to go with it...you need more then just 2 instruments o_o

Where's that bass line?!

DARKVILLIN
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Still sounds like a Revolutionary Graal Song lol XD

colin012
02-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Nice but it doesn't have enough sound to make a full song. It is repeditive (in a bad way) It f you would shorten it it might make a good intro to a song. Good for a first try and the sound isn't that clear. Try to clean it up.

Earl_Having_It_Large
02-23-2007, 10:49 PM
i like it overall, has a nice graal feel to it. what you would expect from this game. as it was said i think it is a bit repetative tho