PDA

View Full Version : Showimg animated gifs all in sync?

JkWhoSaysNi
02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
It seems that animated gifs are on a constant loop through throughout the level.

If I show an image (using showimg) of an animated gif, hide the image before it's finished playing then show the gif again it wont start playing from the beginning but will be shown again as if it was never hidden.

The main problem with this, is that every time I show an animated gif i want it to play from the start, not wherever it is since the last one started it.

So if i show 4 images of the same gif but with different indexes and created at different intervals all the animations will be in sync.

The image i'm using is a repeated gif, is this the problem?

How can I make the animated gif show from the start every time it's created?

Admins
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Gif animations would cost too much CPU time and memory if they would be animated independently for each location they are displayed (try displaying 20+ gifs in Firefox...), that's why they will be displayed synchronized when you display it more than one time on the screen. Images are also kept 5 seconds in memory until they are removed to free the resources. I would say the only solution is to use ganis (they can be zoomed, stretched and rotated now).

JkWhoSaysNi
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
thanks. I'll make the gif into a gani.

xXziroXx
02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Gif animations would cost too much CPU time and memory if they would be animated independently for each location they are displayed (try displaying 20+ gifs in Firefox...), that's why they will be displayed synchronized when you display it more than one time on the screen. Images are also kept 5 seconds in memory until they are removed to free the resources. I would say the only solution is to use ganis (they can be zoomed, stretched and rotated now).

Does the same apply for .mng?

Crow
02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Does the same apply for .mng?

In Graal, yes. In Firefox...oh well, try to display .mng in Firefox rofl. Wont work :]

Admins
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
MNG and GIF are handled the same in Graal yes.