PDA

View Full Version : Camoflage. (Not invisibility)

myth-simba
02-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Ever been on iricia and tried to sneak into a base but have encountered the same problem, You look nothing like snow!
Why not make it time to change all this?

Buy a shovel in the dropship for cash and you can bury yourself in snow but you cannot move. It takes about 5 seconds to bury yourself.
Once you move you will be on the surface again.
Ready your weapons and emerge for the ultimate ambush.

It would be a cool little ambush tool but you have to be careful where you dig. You can still be shot and run-over by other players. Missles fired by rocket launchers will still also lock onto you.
So all it is, is a simple hiding script triggered by shovel over snow.

This tool is ideal for example... you are all alone and at a base and a horde of enemies come to capture it. Wait til they are distracted, appear and go out in style!

Since it takes 5 seconds to activate you cannot stealth your way completely into heavily guarded bases unless the team is completely full of noobs.

What do you think guys? I think it would be pretty cool searching bases yet also shooting around clearing it of enemy spies.:cool:

pooper200000
02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Ever been on iricia and tried to sneak into a base but have encountered the same problem, You look nothing like snow!

Buy a shovel in the dropship for cash and you can bury yourself in snow but you cannot move. It takes about 5 seconds to bury yourself.
Once you move you will be on the surface again.
Ready your weapons and emerge for the ultimate ambush.

It would be a cool little ambush tool but you have to be careful where you dig. You can still be shot and run-over by other players. Missles fired by rocket launchers will still also lock onto you.
So all it is, is a simple hiding script triggered by shovel over snow.

This tool is ideal for example... you are all alone and at a base and a horde of enemies come to capture it. Wait til they are distracted, appear and go out in style!

Since it takes 5 seconds to activate you cannot stealth your way completely into heavily guarded bases unless the team is completely full of noobs.

What do you think guys? I think it would be pretty cool searching bases yet also shooting around clearing it of enemy spies.:cool:

myth im sorry I am not patient enough to read your entire post can you make it a bit shorter or just add a basic summary? I think it would be ok but where would it be? and could you shoot from it and would there be a delay int he time it takes to get out of the hole + limited range of view??

Huwajux
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Good idea! But you shouldn't be able to get shot. Also, your bounty should stop increasing when hidden.

pooper200000
02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Good idea! But you shouldn't be able to get shot. Also, your bounty should stop increasing when hidden.

good point.

firefury
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Good Idea... I dot Play graalmuch more, but oh well..

Crono
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM

Buy a shovel in the dropship for cash and you can bury yourself in snow

Or I can wear snow camo...:whatever:

firefury
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Nah, Shovel Would be much more fun

Aachen
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Nah, Shovel Would be much more fun

No, wearing camos is more fun. The whole shovel part just makes you waste time.

jkool666
02-07-2007, 12:17 AM
The shovel thing I dislike, just use your hands? And also when your below ground you should have something showing. You should be able to be hit by weapons pending on how close the player is.
Closer they are = more likely of being hit.

Leoxx
02-07-2007, 03:26 AM
how about u make something that makes ur partly invisible when crawling, such as making a slight discoloration between the camo and the snow

Davidd
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
The shovel thing I dislike, just use your hands? And also when your below ground you should have something showing. You should be able to be hit by weapons pending on how close the player is.
Closer they are = more likely of being hit.

i like that, but i like Camo
the less u move+distance the less ull be seen ;)
the less een u are the lees chance of being hit :O

myth-simba
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Good point.
The thing is, the reason i think you should be able to get hurt while hidden is to stop people just staying at bases and waiting for invaders to leave.

It would make the opposing team just wait there at bases, or use the camo as a form of invincibility.

Wolfey
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
lol
Make it where you can use the shovel as a Weap
hit the fool up side the Head xD

myth-simba
02-10-2007, 04:26 PM
lol
Make it where you can use the shovel as a Weap
hit the fool up side the Head xD

lol that could actually work if equipped in other hand.

Sulukra
02-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Good point.
The thing is, the reason i think you should be able to get hurt while hidden is to stop people just staying at bases and waiting for invaders to leave.

It would make the opposing team just wait there at bases, or use the camo as a form of invincibility.

That is an excellent point. They should, however, be able to take damage from being walked on.

Davidd
02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
LOL...
ummm they still can be hity by like motars and suff like that ?

colin012
02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Or I can wear snow camo...:whatever:

When did we get snow cammo? I can make some if I can get the original tileset back. I can make a outline. It will not make you invisable the snow is a big tileset

Dante55555
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Thats actually a good point that no one ever notices, you can get something to pressure a and leave yourself hidden behind a building on alpha while you go to the movies or something and your bounty slowly rises. You need something to make it so u dont get that "Disconected for not moving thing" as well but i forgot how you do that.

Anyway its a good idea but Iricia isnt exactly built for sneaking, i thought it was like.. Heavy assult or somet.

myth-simba
02-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Camoflage armour that slowly depleted energy and slows walking speed would be ideal!
You become visible when you shoot and suff? Sounds good.

Davidd
02-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes lets stick with camo and not digging hole :/

pooper200000
02-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Thats actually a good point that no one ever notices, you can get something to pressure a and leave yourself hidden behind a building on alpha while you go to the movies or something and your bounty slowly rises. You need something to make it so u dont get that "Disconected for not moving thing" as well but i forgot how you do that.

Anyway its a good idea but Iricia isnt exactly built for sneaking, i thought it was like.. Heavy assult or somet.
its called bribe a sibling with 5 bucks to send out a mass every 10 minutes or so and then you can't get d/c
Yes lets stick with camo and not digging hole :/

holes would be fun. can yiou say ambushes at b1?? :D

Davidd
02-18-2007, 09:59 PM
i would only agree with holes if we use HUGE explsion to make it :D!