PDA

View Full Version : House designs

ReBorn_Spirit
01-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I would like to see a few other ideas for Forest house designs, that do not involve defilling the trees as such. If I might make a suggestion this or something similiar to it would be more appropriate.

Please keep in mind this is mostly a beta of what the end product should be, unless everyone agree's that it looks good enough I would finish atleast a few of the buildings of similiar design.

npcserverRC
01-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Hmm, I like the old houses, however you are right in that they shouldnt be defilled in such a manor. In my honest opinion, this image just doesnt... seem right. It looks like a Pirate house with a different roof plopped on :) I like the top part, just not the bottom, since its used in Pirate houses.
Then agian, what do I know, Im not very good at designing gfx so I dont know. :)

- lol-_- Ricky Steele

ReBorn_Spirit
01-26-2007, 08:10 AM
I would agree, but for demonstration of what I had in mind for an outcome, it was easier to display the idea with current houses in a different shade. As much as some people think, I have disagreements with using so much wood. Stone is a very nice look when used correctly.

zell12
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Might look cool with the forest emblem (tree I think) somewhere on there, blended in maybe on both sides of the roof? Or on a sign? idk

I thought all the kingdoms had different style houses?

ReBorn_Spirit
01-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Might look cool with the forest emblem (tree I think) somewhere on there, blended in maybe on both sides of the roof? Or on a sign? idk

I thought all the kingdoms had different style houses?

Interesting, however even the Forest symbols are in dire need of being updated. It is also true each kingdom has its own house styles, just Forest is rather out dated and we wish to update just about everything.

** Ok I have touched up the beta somemore and have this currently. The wooden structure is redone some to look more like the pirate base that was originally used, also the windows have been fixed up some. If Forest had an emblem or even better, a houseicon that could be added just above the door.

cyan3
01-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I like the first Forest house you posted and it looks much better than the old Forest houses.

ReBorn_Spirit
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Okay, it did not take long but I talked to a few people and they like the tanish colour better then the white. So I have put this together.

Other suggestions were to add moss to some of the rocks on a diffrent version or to add a symbol on it. But then theres the actual house icon's that can be added onto the houses.

Darklux
01-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Its cool, alot better than the old-clichee like treehouses.

ReBorn_Spirit
01-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Its cool, alot better than the old-clichee like treehouses.

Yea? Well a few people on Debug talked me into un "pixelating" it.
basically taking out many of the bad dark outlines under the roof area.

The next step I think is to make leaf shapped tiles or even somewhat like triangle shaped roof tiles.
**I suppose for now we should perhaps call this particular one something like "houses_forest2"

Crow
01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
You blured it too much imo, the stones just dont like good when they are blurred up. But I like the house design itself :]

Ninja Edit -> See attachment. I just blured the old one a bit, but it looks a little better imo ;o

cutelilmurderer
01-28-2007, 04:42 PM
That big-ass patch of beige really makes me wish you could put signs up on your shops.

ReBorn_Spirit
01-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I can undo the stones easily, and I could get some sort of Forest symbol on the house

ViperZakuto
01-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Looks very nice Dayaa, You always did great work =D. keep it up.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-01-2007, 03:37 AM
updated one, forgot to post if after everyones suggestions.

This should be the one.

pooper200000
02-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Okay, it did not take long but I talked to a few people and they like the tanish colour better then the white. So I have put this together.

Other suggestions were to add moss to some of the rocks on a diffrent version or to add a symbol on it. But then theres the actual house icon's that can be added onto the houses.

updated one, forgot to post if after everyones suggestions.

This should be the one.

I like them both :D they look more appeasing and easy to accede with :D

ReBorn_Spirit
02-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Have the fifth version available now, some minor touch-ups are planned.

Please do post any comments on how it could be better.

ViperZakuto
02-05-2007, 06:05 AM
wow, the leaves look awsome. the stones look wierd though. not very pleasant to they eye.

bioboi
02-05-2007, 06:06 AM
It really looks odd how whatever lightsource you're using is in the same place on each leaf. Like where the little shine is its in the same place each leaf.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-05-2007, 11:14 AM
It really looks odd how whatever lightsource you're using is in the same place on each leaf. Like where the little shine is its in the same place each leaf.

Yea that will have to be changed some, won't be so hard to do for me. The stone's are not really fixable, any changes and they lose the look of actually being stones. Unless you want me to change the colour of the stones.

ViperZakuto
02-06-2007, 06:50 AM
maybe make the stones look mossy? that might look good.

They just seem too shiny for me. they look more like steel than stone.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
maybe make the stones look mossy? that might look good.

They just seem too shiny for me. they look more like steel than stone.

This is interesting, I have not been able to see how they look "wrong" on the house type.

I have made some touch-ups to the leaves on the house but think I should resolve this stone issue in some way. Even though, in some ways the trees can look like tropical leaves, they are not meant to actually be leaves, but more so leaf shaped tiles (their size as a hint to this).

Googi
02-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Maybe you guys should try and revive the request to allow Forest houses to be repaired by watering them.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Maybe you guys should try and revive the request to allow Forest houses to be repaired by watering them.

Normally, under any condition, I would rather kill anyone (in RP) trying to live INSIDE the tree(s).

Not to mention we have rain on GK now.

ViperZakuto
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
maybe when the house is on top of grass or dirt it might Dull the stones look down. If not i guess it will work. it doesn't llok awful or anything. just a little too shiny =D

ReBorn_Spirit
02-08-2007, 01:05 AM
maybe when the house is on top of grass or dirt it might Dull the stones look down. If not i guess it will work. it doesn't llok awful or anything. just a little too shiny =D

Here, maybe this will help. This is fairly close to what it would look like, before we adjust the inside lights and what not.

ViperZakuto
02-08-2007, 05:51 AM
yeah it does look a helleva lot better in that pic. dulls the stones way down =P

I always wanted to get rid of those ugly tree houses when i was in forest =/. made no sense just because your from the forest doesn't mean you have to live in trees.

Good decision on changing. and awsome work replacing.

well sorry for any inconvenience Dayaa.

xXziroXx
02-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Hahahahaha! Sorry for laughing.. but that house just looks so out of place in Graal! Get a good experienced Graal/GK GFXer instead..

ViperZakuto
02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Hahahahaha! Sorry for laughing.. but that house just looks so out of place in Graal! Get a good experienced Graal/GK GFXer instead..

instead of being rude? why not give some ideas? theres really no reason to post such things?

This one looks more "in place" than those ugly trees. they need to go bye bye.

xXziroXx
02-08-2007, 06:04 AM
instead of being rude? why not give some ideas? theres really no reason to post such things?

This one looks more "in place" than those ugly trees. they need to go bye bye.

Someone had to say it. I mean, look at the leafs - do you guys really think it fits in on GK, or even with that house design? Im not trying to be rude here, im just telling the obvious.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Someone had to say it. I mean, look at the leafs - do you guys really think it fits in on GK, or even with that house design? Im not trying to be rude here, im just telling the obvious.

Leaves wouldn't be used in a permanent building, but leaf-shapped tiles could be easily used instead of stereotypical shingling. Also, the goal of this project was to produce a similiar but different house style for the Forest kingdom. If you have a better suggestion, show us.

xXziroXx
02-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Leaves wouldn't be used in a permanent building, but leaf-shapped tiles could be easily used instead of stereotypical shingling. Also, the goal of this project was to produce a similiar but different house style for the Forest kingdom. If you have a better suggestion, show us.

Im a pixel artist, there's no chance in hell I would attempt to make a GK styled GFX without a tablet. Im merely trying to point out that it doesnt look good.. try changing the design of the house itself, it *might* help. The leaves are riddicilous big, use ALOT of small ones instead - I bet that alone would do wonders.

ViperZakuto
02-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Im a pixel artist, there's no chance in hell I would attempt to make a GK styled GFX without a tablet. Im merely trying to point out that it doesnt look good.. try changing the design of the house itself, it *might* help. The leaves are riddicilous big, use ALOT of small ones instead - I bet that alone would do wonders.

good suggestion that might actually work. see now thats constructive critisism. =P

ReBorn_Spirit
02-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Try to make many small ones, theres a small problem really. They are not actually leaves on the house. Forest is not just a bunch of elves, we have dwarves, x-pirates, humans, orcs.. YES ORCS!.. and a few other races. It really will not matter what size the leaves are, but if you asked me. A large tile shapped like a leaf was the better choice anyways. More complex is not always better, and until you actaully are a member of the kingdom, don't complain please. I really want to hear from our members not some outsider from the entire game.

**You can ask Governor Alan, I am actually an X-Pirate Architect, so this house has some meaning to using a simliar style in some way.

xXziroXx
02-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Try to make many small ones, theres a small problem really. They are not actually leaves on the house. Forest is not just a bunch of elves, we have dwarves, x-pirates, humans, orcs.. YES ORCS!.. and a few other races. It really will not matter what size the leaves are, but if you asked me. A large tile shapped like a leaf was the better choice anyways. More complex is not always better, and until you actaully are a member of the kingdom, don't complain please. I really want to hear from our members not some outsider from the entire game.

**You can ask Governor Alan, I am actually an X-Pirate Architect, so this house has some meaning to using a simliar style in some way.

Too bad, but, I am a member of Forest.. Soldier Ziro Xf of (Forest). Do you think I would care otherwise? Do whatever, sorry for trying to explain how missplaced it would look.

Stephen
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Too bad, but, I am a member of Forest.. Soldier Ziro Xf of (Forest). Do you think I would care otherwise? Do whatever, sorry for trying to explain how missplaced it would look.
Should take a look at the leafs on the Zormite houses.

xXziroXx
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Should take a look at the leafs on the Zormite houses.

Oh Ive seen them, and they're just as bad IMO >_<

Stephen
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh Ive seen them, and they're just as bad IMO >_<
However, in my ~3 years experience of creating graphics on GK I would say it fits the style.

xXziroXx
02-09-2007, 07:34 PM
However, in my ~3 years experience of creating graphics on GK I would say it fits the style.

Perhaps, but I can not say that about the house in-progress in this thread..

ViperZakuto
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Stephen was saying the house in project fits the gk style.

Look at the old houses in the latest pic, and tell me which would ook better. The old ugly ass trees, or the newer houses. I totally think the newer houses fit the gk style more so than the old ones. look at cp houses. looks basically the same, just with different roof, different bottom, and different colors.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, the next time you see a current forest house (tree). Think this... "Afro house", ok and now for the same theme you can see why we might want to change these soon. But joking aside, I could use some constructive information. Does the image seem pixelated too much or does it seem to fit better with a brighter colour? Or maybe various darker leaves?

**Also I am sorry if I offended any current forest members, I was trying to limit the feed back from people that don't really play GK at all. Theres a few people that fit the description but I want to be nice. Also if you have any of your own revisions of this show us. Maybe we can get a few different styles to pick from in the future.

ViperZakuto
02-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Maybe you could come up with something that will be better. That would be nice. I certainly think that if no one can make a better one than this. Then the one dayaa has made will work just fine. It looks good.

Ok, the next time you see a current forest house (tree). Think this... "Afro house", ok and now for the same theme you can see why we might want to change these soon. But joking aside, I could use some constructive information. Does the image seem pixelated too much or does it seem to fit better with a brighter colour? Or maybe various darker leaves?

**Also I am sorry if I offended any current forest members, I was trying to limit the feed back from people that don't really play GK at all. Theres a few people that fit the description but I want to be nice. Also if you have any of your own revisions of this show us. Maybe we can get a few different styles to pick from in the future.

It might look better if the leaves were different shades of green. good idea, let us see if you decide to do this.

xXziroXx
02-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Several of things that might improve it:

* Why does all leave look exactly the same except the light source and rotation?
* Why are the leaves blurred?
* The leaves doesnt appear to be attached to the building at all.
* The design of the house itself doesnt fit together with leaves on top of it. Thats the main priority to change here.

jaws908
02-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Several of things that might improve it:

* Why does all leave look exactly the same except the light source and rotation?
* Why are the leaves blurred?
* The leaves doesnt appear to be attached to the building at all.
* The design of the house itself doesnt fit together with leaves on top of it. Thats the main priority to change here.

Heres the real problem

* They look like jello!

ReBorn_Spirit
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
** To answer any questions to as why the leaves look the way they do.

The "leaves" are actually leaf shaped tiles, hence the reason they are larger then a normal leaf. Unless you can make a better house image for the kingdom, this is what I would rather have us live in. Being inside the tree would do more harm to it.. as my RP would be of a wood elf.. I would think my character would be against even cutting them down. No matter how fat and ugly they were.

As for the original house shape, the story behind it would simply be that I was an architect at one time in the Pirates kingdom. If you have something against this, tough, its the past and I can't change that.

* By tiles I mean green tinted stone either magically made or formed or even carved out of wood. I don't care how you want to think of the tiles as its just to give you the idea that its NOT an actual tree your living in.

npcserverRC
07-25-2007, 08:52 AM
lol @ reviving a 5 month dead post.

Point is no matter how you justify it, they just didn't(don't) look good

ReBorn_Spirit
07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
lol @ reviving a 5 month dead post.

Point is no matter how you justify it, they just didn't(don't) look good

Show me a better version of the house then what we currently have and I might actually listen. Otherwise you are just waisting time.

ViperZakuto
08-17-2007, 04:59 AM
put the house on Daya... forest members will be happy that they don't live in trees anymore... who ever heard of an Orc that lived in a tree?