PDA

View Full Version : Your definition of lame?

someonesomewhere
01-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks "lame" constitutes. This is what I personally think. :]

Backstrafing with the fastest classes (Commander, Scout, GwarsScout, Commando, etc)
Any sort of spawn laming
Any use of the Photon Cannon
Door laming
Strafing with Ap pirces, Ap rippers, and DH18s.
Being John, Az, or Pooper. ;)
Spamming.

Post a list similar to it, and please don't fight about it (though, given what the topic is about, you will! And I probably will too... :P)

Googi
01-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Those are all ridiculous definitions except for spawn laming and door laming. I'd say laming is that, bug abuse and traitor medics.

SayianOozaru
01-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Your definition of lame?
you? :o

Sulukra
01-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks "lame" constitutes.

Losing to me.

Crow
01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Running like hell. I hate those ****ing newbs.

Felix_Xenophobe
01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
'LOLOL NOOBS KSING
TRU DEFINITIN OF LAME

Crono
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Laming for me:

You're fighting a respectable person, he slowly backs off and disappears from your radar, then suddenly rushes back to catch you offguard with his photon.

Someone goes "stop! wait!" then the moment you stop they fire at you.

When you don't use med/cookies but the other person keeps backing off to use them and comes back. (In arctic map when you're "sparring").

anubis_wing
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Mine: People who run away from you until they meet up with a few of their friends then they charge you.

ceserthen
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
-me:D
-shooting scatter shots (shotguns, gravs) into groups of people fighting on deathmatch
-killing people with the muramasa to rack up kills at their Hq (base laming but worse)
-Laming a door with two people on photon (door laming but worse)

Crono
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Mine: People who run away from you until they meet up with a few of their friends then they charge you.

That too. It pisses me off, he starts attacking me then I own him, he'll run away and then come back with like 2-3 people and act all confident.

pooper200000
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Backstrafing with the fastest classes (Commander, Scout, GwarsScout, Commando, etc)
Any sort of spawn laming
Door laming
Spamming.

why am I lame? Spawn laming I do do because then I can just shoot away. I door lame too. I only do that on occasion that I have seen them doing it first but thats not much of an excuse. Spamming is considered laming? Trust me I haven't had a true spam storm for a couple of months if you want one I can fix that....
That too. It pisses me off, he starts attacking me then I own him, he'll run away and then come back with like 2-3 people and act all confident.
someone does that I think its firefury?? someone who uses appripers a lot does that.

Crono
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
someone does that I think its firefury?? someone who uses appripers a lot does that.

Actually my first point...

You're fighting a respectable person, he slowly backs off and disappears from your radar, then suddenly rushes back to catch you offguard with his photon.

Was what firefury did. I can't remember what gun he had though.

kia345
01-21-2007, 04:46 PM
door laming, i hate it on every server, cause i get lag going through levels

pooper200000
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Actually my first point...
Was what firefury did. I can't remember what gun he had though.
APRIPPERS!! hes on highscorse for it... I know I lame I try to not use big laming weapons like photon and double shotgun though so most people stand a chance. I like to lame with chaingun. Man I wish I got more chaingun ammo :D

stinks to be you.

Oh and about the continually going backwards I dislike it in an event when someone poisons you when your sapper and then backstrafes off your screen and then off radar.
no names. Im at peace with the person now.
/vindicative son of a penguin

:D

Crono
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
APRIPPERS!! hes on highscorse for it... I know I lame I try to not use big laming weapons like photon and double shotgun though so most people stand a chance. I like to lame with chaingun. Man I wish I got more chaingun ammo :D

No he wasn't rippers.

pooper200000
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
No he wasn't rippers.

then why is he on the highscores?

Gambet
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Those are all ridiculous definitions except for spawn laming and door laming. I'd say laming is that, bug abuse and traitor medics.

Besides that, the rest of the definitions of lame in this thread are ridiculous.

Strafing is part of the game, if you can't learn to fight against people that strafe then you should be mad at yourself, not at the person continually owning you.

If you 1 v 1 somebody and they're about to die and they run off, get people, come back and own you, that's because they're playing SMART. This isn't a sparring arena (since you couldn't run off and get people if you were in the sparring arena). The whole point if to work as a TEAM, no matter how lame you think it is, you're much more affective walking around as a group than you are walking around alone.

Crono
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
then why is he on the highscores?

I mean he wasn't using rippers when he lamed me.

pooper200000
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I mean he wasn't using rippers when he lamed me.

OHHHH!! Oh and gambet your post is to big but I agree with most of it.

Leoxx
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
-EP users..(OMFG THEY ALL CAN GO DIE IN HELL!!)
-Teaming, which is one of the few reasons i use DS..
-Oh, and the lamest of all is wen im hunting (as in because of bountys nothing personal) and i acually find him and i challenge him to one on one spar, noobs from both teams interup the match over countless times. (expecually wen i was fighting sparta...god damn there were alot of interuptions..)

dude2020
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Strafing is part of the game, if you can't learn to fight against people that strafe then you should be mad at yourself, not at the person continually owning you.Yeah...really
Hmm i have to say you're just talking and someone come's up with a Photon and kills you. *look's at Crono*

someonesomewhere
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
If you 1 v 1 somebody and they're about to die and they run off, get people, come back and own you, that's because they're playing SMART. This isn't a sparring arena (since you couldn't run off and get people if you were in the sparring arena). The whole point if to work as a TEAM, no matter how lame you think it is, you're much more affective walking around as a group than you are walking around alone.

Which is why I left teaming out. When I said backstrafing with the fastest classes, I meant walking in no other direction -but- backwards, so that it's impossible for anyone to hit you. Unless you grab a bike and ram someone...

Gambet
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Hmm i have to say you're just talking and someone come's up with a Photon and kills you. *look's at Crono*

You shouldn't be standing around talking in the middle of a battle field.

Which is why I left teaming out. When I said backstrafing with the fastest classes, I meant walking in no other direction -but- backwards, so that it's impossible for anyone to hit you. Unless you grab a bike and ram someone...

You'd be the stupid one actually chasing somebody that's walking backwards while shooting at you. You'd simply run into their bullets and die, thus making you the idiot.

Crono
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
You'd be the stupid one actually chasing somebody that's walking backwards while shooting at you. You'd simply run into their bullets and die, thus making you the idiot.

It's more of an annoyance than lame.

someonesomewhere
01-21-2007, 08:34 PM

[email protected] completely missing the point

I don't chase people who do that, because I'm -not- an idiot. :]

colin012
01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks "lame" constitutes. This is what I personally think. :]

Any sort of spawn laming
Door laming
Spamming.

Post a list similar to it, and please don't fight about it (though, given what the topic is about, you will! And I probably will too... :P)

the pc can easyly be beaten is you have any sort of spread in a fast class

Door laming isn't a problem right now cuz I have 100 some pipes that I don't remember getting

yes yes and yes to spaming being lame

Running like hell. I hate those ****ing newbs.

you run when your getting teamed by smart teamers or someone runs heals scomes back then runs back to his med (they suround you)

'LOLOL NOOBS KSING
TRU DEFINITIN OF LAME

true true and you mean lol lol

Laming for me:

Someone goes "stop! wait!" then the moment you stop they fire at you.

When you don't use med/cookies but the other person keeps backing off to use them and comes back. (In arctic map when you're "sparring").

whos idea was it to let people to dobble click med kits to heal... You should have to equipt it in both hands for use

I hate it when some tells you to stop and then they shoot you! Thats why I never stop and why I hate ep specaly when the shoot you when your consentrating on a hard battle....

Ugg I hate that!

-me:D
-shooting scatter shots (shotguns, gravs) into groups of people fighting on deathmatch
-killing people with the muramasa to rack up kills at their Hq (base laming but worse)
-Laming a door with two people on photon (door laming but worse)

Thats why scater shots are eith short range or have small clips and are only equiptable only to 2 hands or are very weak or maby specal items wich can kill photons and teamers:D

once again usfull pipes... az is too ****y with his black plasma to fear pipes...

to go aganist that stop people from coming in for a while than do 1 of 2 things

1. rush in when the get ****y and start chating and avoide and whack with pipes

2.Get people to rush if theirs only 2 of em than can only shoot 2 people at once

and to prevent it lay proxies in your base

once again pipes but idk what to do about other servers....

you can counter every stratagy if you stop and think instead of saying "omg ******* noob!!!" thats what truly makes you a noob

Leoxx
01-21-2007, 09:13 PM
you can counter every stratagy if you stop and think instead of saying "omg ******* noob!!!" thats what truly makes you a noob.

yes but its sometimes difficult to think while ur on a rampage xD

Tracker180
01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
this should be a poll and to get on-topic i think its lame when people go to the tent with the table in gwars and uses mortar gun

someonesomewhere
01-22-2007, 02:05 AM
this should be a poll and to get on-topic i think its lame when people go to the tent with the table in gwars and uses mortar gun

Seeing as there are so many things to take into account, no, it shouldn't be a poll

jkool666
01-22-2007, 07:00 AM
I'd say these:
-People who run to their friends aid, and after you kill their friends, they use medkits non stop.
-People who mine inside doors.
-Enhanced Pulsar Teamers.
-Backwards Strafe with any long range weapon+fast class (X2 Shotgun/Photon)
-People who run using bikes on Gwars.

Raeiphon
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
The definition of laming: a description of a tactic/s which is extremely effective towards other tactics or utilizations of game mechanics.

ie, you come at me with your skill and whatnot, and I backstrafe you with an LRPulsar into a large group of friends. I win every time, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I admit, it's annoying when it happens to me, but I just get swift brutal revenge by mortaring the respective team's spawnpoint for a few minutes.

No point in reinventing the wheel.

anubis_wing
01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, the thing I described is so annoying, they run back shooting you kicking their ass then they run into someone else they team then when you kill their friend they run back to b1 (if their team owns it) and they charge the **** outa me.

Leoxx
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
-Enhanced Pulsar Teamers.

AMEN TO THAT

someonesomewhere
01-23-2007, 01:28 AM
The definition of laming: a description of a tactic/s which is extremely effective towards other tactics or utilizations of game mechanics.

ie, you come at me with your skill and whatnot, and I backstrafe you with an LRPulsar into a large group of friends. I win every time, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I admit, it's annoying when it happens to me, but I just get swift brutal revenge by mortaring the respective team's spawnpoint for a few minutes.

No point in reinventing the wheel.

No, you see, there's still an outside chance you'll die. When someone door lames, it's nearly impossible to kill them unless they stand right in the doorway and you pipe them. When people mortar the HQ of a team, then they can just run away on a bike. That's pretty lame.

But what you do is just prove that you can't beat anyone on your own ;)

ceserthen
01-23-2007, 02:10 AM
door lamers can be killed easily, you just have to know what to do

Leoxx
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
i suggest a human shield xD (it seriously works though)

alexrox222
01-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Cor I say you pretty much covered it. You didn't include teaming but I figured it is just a generous offer to own multiple people faster.

Raeiphon
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
No, you see, there's still an outside chance you'll die. When someone door lames, it's nearly impossible to kill them unless they stand right in the doorway and you pipe them. When people mortar the HQ of a team, then they can just run away on a bike. That's pretty lame.

But what you do is just prove that you can't beat anyone on your own ;)

I can, but not often.

And besides, if running into friends means I win, then you're the person worst off from it.

bahamutstevetff
01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
mine: anyone using dual shotguns or aprippers in spar (there okay in iricia cuz there slower class)
-constantly strafing back
-running away specially with jetpack
-logging from spar
-being french (mainly cuz its all those things rolled into one and then some, and you cant have a go at them cuz they just go "no u")

Crono
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Zone's French players are quite annoying. They think they're all part of the elite group and run around calling everyone (including me) a noob. Then when I host an Event they run up to me and act like it's their first time confronting me.

jkool666
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I can sum this entire thread up with one word... Firechamp1...XDDD

Leoxx
01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
lol white text

someonesomewhere
01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh Guys I Forgot About Logging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

jkool666
01-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh Guys I Forgot About Logging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
... No we didn't...
I can sum this entire thread up with one word... Firechamp1...XDDD
-being french

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 04:09 AM
My definition of laming is neone that kills me :D

xAzerothx
01-24-2007, 04:26 AM
My definition of laming is neone that kills me :D

You can't call everybody lame. I don't see how I'm lame. :P

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 05:00 AM
You can't call everybody lame. I don't see how I'm lame. :P

I can call ne1 lame and az you lame like hell

Leoxx
01-24-2007, 05:08 AM
come to think of it i havent ever seen az lame much, only with mortor and plasma cannon. then again im not always on at the same time

brakk
01-24-2007, 05:10 AM
I think the definition of LAME is just pissing people off

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 05:11 AM
come to think of it i havent ever seen az lame much, only with mortor and plasma cannon. then again im not always on at the same time

I jus say he lames cuz i was idleing at b1 in iricia and he killed me twice there damn fourms xD

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 05:11 AM
I think the definition of LAME is just pissing people off

Get ur ass back to UN

xAzerothx
01-24-2007, 05:52 AM
I jus say he lames cuz i was idleing at b1 in iricia and he killed me twice there damn fourms xD

You forgot to tell everbody why I lamed you. I had around 200 bounty by base one. DD thought he was being clever and waits for me to have a disadvantage then BOOM I'm dead by magnums. That DD is lame. >_<

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 06:07 AM
You forgot to tell everbody why I lamed you. I had around 200 bounty by base one. DD thought he was being clever and waits for me to have a disadvantage then BOOM I'm dead by magnums. That DD is lame. >_<

I didnt even know u had a bounty xD

dude2020
01-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Get ur ass back to UNEdit Feture botton its not hard to find.

Huwajux
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Not me being killed but telling someone on my team "Oi, go check if that landmine is our teams". If it's not, BOOM!

Hehehe...

UnknownMasterMind
01-24-2007, 10:10 PM

Any sort of spawn laming
Door laming
Spamming.

Hmm... The only thing that is Lame is... Well here is my List!

Lame List:
1.) Calling People Noob, Or Lame.
2.) Shooting Door at Spar.
3.) Shooting people spawning, at their own base.
4.) Proxe Mines....I hate them! MAke them visable agian! xD
5.) Riding around on a Bike and hitting people! Here is a Question, Where is the Hit and Run charge!? Come on!
6.) Running Backwards and Strafe/Shooting

Thats it.... Personally, People that Strafe are using their Skill, Which happens to be using the Shift Key. Its their for a Reason, except for the running Backwards part... Actaully I take that back, When they run backwards, I just dont follow them, and go the opposite direction, then they come after me, and I turn around shoot them, they run backwards, and I repeat.

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

Darkdemon452
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Edit Feture botton its not hard to find.

;) I know but making double posts is better

Leoxx
01-25-2007, 01:32 AM

have u ever seen that guys sig? it says double posters must die xDi forgot who it belonged to though..

jkool666
01-25-2007, 02:43 AM
No it isn't...

Darkdemon452
01-25-2007, 02:45 AM
have u ever seen that guys sig? it says double posters must die xDi forgot who it belonged to though..

Then He must die ;)

And jesse double posts pwn ;)

Huwajux
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
have u ever seen that guys sig? it says double posters must die xD
No really!

bahamutstevetff
01-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Edit Feture botton its not hard to find.

neither is spell check

jkool666
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
neither is spell check
Graal needs a grammar checker...

Leoxx
01-26-2007, 12:21 AM
No really!

roflmao

bahamutstevetff
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Graal needs a grammar checker...

graal needs a lot of things

MisterMastermind
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Lame is something that somebody depends on because they can't win with other weapons.

EX: Nameless noobs running around with redpistoles they aren't good enough to have and base/door laming.

Triple_Darkness
01-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Lame is something that somebody depends on because they can't win with other weapons.

EX: Nameless noobs running around with redpistoles they aren't good enough to have and base/door laming.You made me sad D:, Aint you un banned yet?

MisterMastermind
01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
You made me sad D:, Aint you un banned yet?

Yes, I'm unbanned. I'm also working on getting vulcan fired for that ban. I've talked to stefan about it and he doesn't believe that's all I said to him. I told him to check the logs and he never responded back. Hopefully power will go to Gambet or Huwajux and I might have a chance at being treated fairly.

Triple_Darkness
01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Yes, I'm unbanned. I'm also working on getting vulcan fired for that ban. I've talked to stefan about it and he doesn't believe that's all I said to him. I told him to check the logs and he never responded back. Hopefully power will go to Gambet or Huwajux and I might have a chance at being treated fairly.Yeaaah, lets just all hope you don't get Vulcan's job ;)

Davidd
01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Lame is being kick out by an Et for no reason like being called a hacker by noob cause ur owning
or when people team up on u
or when ur own teamate helps u get killed
OR when some calls people noob and is snoby
Using any weps the way u want is not lame or noobish, if u can do it thats because ur allowed to X_x its part of tactics.