PDA

View Full Version : A new throne, a new age.

lordbosh
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I felt I needed to announce my sucession to the throne of Dustari. I will write an official rp story later, it will be quite big and its 3:30am right now so it will wait until tomorrow.

You may notice theres only like 2 princes, these princes may use the name Archigos, as I'm the last archigos alive it seems I have the ability to pass my name on. Congradulations to the two who have the honor of wearing it. Do so with great pride, only good people have worn that name.

We will have an official RP funeral next saturday for King Johnathan Aldroth. All are welcome to attend, please keep in mind this is going to be an Official Funeral Ceremony for the character of Johnathan Aldroth.

Please give me a good suggested time for the ceremony, as theres alot of time zones, hopefully nobody will be too busy.

I'll post more about this tomorrow as well.

Draenin
01-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Remember, you can't spell funeral without fun.

CidNight1142
01-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Will Johnathon be in attendance? Perhaps he can use /sleep?

hampy
01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Congrats I look forward to seeing what you do with the Kingdom. You have a lot to prove ;D

cyan3
01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats Bosh, i think you will do a good job as king.

Draenin
01-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Will Johnathon be in attendance? Perhaps he can use /sleep?His head will still move.

ViperZakuto
01-13-2007, 03:12 PM
hmm this is interesting... The last kingdom with bosh as a king didn't survive very well. Hopefully he is more active this time.

He did do a few inprovement to the land of samurai though. I don't know how much he "improved it". you would have to ask Dreanin on this one. I think he was the leader of samurai after bosh was.

Ravenblade1979
01-13-2007, 04:21 PM
My father is dead??

Crono
01-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Lemme guess, the funeral will have either some rebels or rival kingdoms coming in and there will be a big war (pk fest). One group will eventually give up, Dustari will go back to the funeral area, and someone will go "we wil aveng u ol king Aldroth" and give a final goodbye to the dead king.

Darklux
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Yay, another kingdom to be ruined by bosh :D

Draenin
01-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Yay, another kingdom to be ruined by bosh You say that like you've actually done something for Zormite.

Darklux
01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
You say that like you've actually done something for Zormite.

I was never in reign, and Googi and Bosh both didn't like to share power.

Chris
01-13-2007, 07:09 PM
:frown: @ John

Crimson2005
01-13-2007, 07:24 PM
:frown: @ John

ya :(

kia345
01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Lemme guess, the funeral will have either some rebels or rival kingdoms coming in and there will be a big war (pk fest). One group will eventually give up, Dustari will go back to the funeral area, and someone will go "we wil aveng u ol king Aldroth" and give a final goodbye to the dead king.

you're good, you got the whole damn plan down.

Crimson2005
01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Crono is psychic

Googi
01-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I was never in reign, and Googi and Bosh both didn't like to share power.

Huh? I outsourced nearly total control of the kingdom to ministry leaders, which resulted in the ranks being hijacked.

Chris
01-13-2007, 08:34 PM
At least Bosh got the kingdom.

Damix2
01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I was the right choice

BigBear3
01-17-2007, 05:18 AM
At least Bosh got the kingdom.\

Amen, Bosh was a...no, "the" great choice to rule the new Dustari. I was never around to see what John actually did because I just returned, so I look forward to Bosh's reign.

Darklux
01-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Huh? I outsourced nearly total control of the kingdom to ministry leaders, which resulted in the ranks being hijacked.

Did i hijack them? No. Because i know that my power wasnt limited by rank rights, but by loyalty. Amen.

Crono
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
you're good, you got the whole damn plan down.

Crono is psychic

Wow so did it really happen?

Butz
01-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, since we now have this new throne, and new age, it would be rather nice if there were some, at least, basic rules for new members. I've seen a lot of new members in the last week or so, and many of them don't even have proper names, unless "Citizen Lamer" is how we want to be represented.

Is there any sort of basic instruction going on to new members at all before they're admitted?

Waltz5
01-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Well if you notice, Bosh is actually not in control... something happend with staff and Packratia, David, is in control.

Chris
01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Well if you notice, Bosh is actually not in control... something happend with staff and Packratia, David, is in control.
I'm still wondering who the hell he is.

hampy
01-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm still wondering who the hell he is.
haha, me too. (*cough USD cough*)

Crimson2005
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
haha, me too. (*cough USD cough*)

Just what are you implying? ;)

hampy
01-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Just what are you implying? ;)
Well there is a rumor that Dustari was bought with USD, obviously this will be denied by all parties involved, but yeah :) People should know the gossip (fact!)

Googi
01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Well there is a rumor that Dustari was bought with USD, obviously this will be denied by all parties involved, but yeah :) People should know the gossip (fact!)

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, are you saying that Packratia bought Dustari for USD from the staff?

Stephen
01-19-2007, 10:53 PM
The GK administration must have a problem with their memory - either that or poor pattern recognition :)

hampy
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, are you saying that Packratia bought Dustari for USD from the staff?
I didnt make the rumor up, I'm just spreading it :D I dont know how he got it but apparently some powerful players have proof that thats what happened. Including a male leader of a kingdom (not saying the name)

hampy
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Believe what you wish but I know what I think :p

Googi
01-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Including a male leader of a kingdom

You seem to be under the impression that this bolsters the credibility of your claim. The reality is that it damages it.

kia345
01-20-2007, 01:52 AM
I didnt make the rumor up, I'm just spreading it :D I dont know how he got it but apparently some powerful players have proof that thats what happened. Including a male leader of a kingdom (not saying the name)

i laughed at that =3

it seems likely that someone would TRY to buy a kingdom with USD, but are the staff really that bad?

Felix_Xenophobe
01-20-2007, 01:56 AM
i laughed at that =3

it seems likely that someone would TRY to buy a kingdom with USD, but are the staff really that bad?

It's been done before.

Googi
01-20-2007, 02:01 AM
It's been done before.

Not from the staff.

Felix_Xenophobe
01-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Not from the staff.

Oh I missed that part.
My bad.

Sam
01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Bad if somebody is doing such crap, because there is no guarantee he can keep the kingdom. In this special case I doubt he can keep it.

Felix_Xenophobe
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Owned.

Googi
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Bad if somebody is doing such crap, because there is no guarantee he can keep the kingdom. In this special case I doubt he can keep it.

Are you talking about Packratia? He's still king, and supposedly because "the staff" (which includes you) made him king. If you're talking about Bosh, then yeah, remove him if you have proof he bought the kingdom with USD, but put in someone from the high Dustari ranks to replace him, not some nobody.

Sam
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you talking about Packratia? He's still king, and supposedly because "the staff" (which includes you) made him king. If you're talking about Bosh, then yeah, remove him if you have proof he bought the kingdom with USD, but put in someone from the high Dustari ranks to replace him, not some nobody.

I am talking about Packratia. I cannot speak for other staff members, but I didn't make him king and I do not give him access to debug server.

hampy
01-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I am talking about Packratia. I cannot speak for other staff members, but I didn't make him king and I do not give him access to debug server.
Oh i feel some corruption x_x (not you Sam other staff) bzoom this is heating up, large scale riot anticipated !pissed!

cyan3
01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh i feel some corruption x_x (not you Sam other staff) bzoom this is heating up, large scale riot anticipated !pissed!

A Riot on GK will be funny lol.

kia345
01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
"excuse me, id like an RC with full access"

"100 USD please"

cyan3
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM

"100 USD please"

That not funny.

Butz
01-20-2007, 11:00 PM
As far as I know, Packratia is King because John made him King when he left. Something about how there might be a problem with Bosh or whatnot, but I'm not certain for sure. I'm not quite sure where all these rumors of USD purchases are starting from.

Regardless, I still stand by the fact that it would be nice if kingdom members would make an effort to speak in full words and sentences. I think I almost fell over convulsing when a string of guild messages earlier all contained "lol".

cyan3
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
As far as I know, Packratia is King because John made him King when he left. Something about how there might be a problem with Bosh or whatnot, but I'm not certain for sure. I'm not quite sure where all these rumors of USD purchases are starting from.

Regardless, I still stand by the fact that it would be nice if kingdom members would make an effort to speak in full words and sentences. I think I almost fell over convulsing when a string of guild messages earlier all contained "lol".

Some kingdoms now dont use rp anymore, they will take anyone that wants to join even people who dont know what rp is.

Waltz5
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Some kingdoms now dont use rp anymore, they will take anyone that wants to join even people who dont know what rp is.
Or maybe some kingdoms realize that there is no mystic force which would allow members to communicate to everyone in his kingdom without actually seeing them.

I think this simple set of rules that was mentioned a long time ago is a good thing to adopt and a good start for a new kingdom leader.
1) No member of the kingdom, group, or organization shall scam another player with malice intent.
2) Levels do not determine rank, rank is determined through leadership, loyalty, and RP skills.
3) At any time there is only one leader, the number of sub leaders is not limited.
4) Members are expected to be mature players. Words such as 'u' and 'ne1' are now banned.
5) Members will adapt to the rules of the server and abide by them.
6) No person shall ascend to the king rank unless determined by the leader or RP Team.
7) Insults are forbidden - rather it be member or average player.
8) All members are required to remain active, if a member is leaving then he must quit the organization.
9) Members who bear the tag are to be In Character unless specified by brackets.
10) Malicious intents are forbidden and punishable.
11) This set of codes can not be dissolved in the selected kingdom.
12) This code may change when necessary.

Googi
01-20-2007, 11:53 PM
9) Members who bear the tag are to be In Character unless specified by brackets.

No.

kia345
01-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Or maybe some kingdoms realize that there is no mystic force which would allow members to communicate to everyone in his kingdom without actually seeing them.

I think this simple set of rules that was mentioned a long time ago is a good thing to adopt and a good start for a new kingdom leader.

kill rule 7, even while RPing people should be aloud to insult each other, it happens irl all the time

Stephen
01-21-2007, 05:34 AM

"100 USD please"
I hesitate to delete these only for Googi's sake, that being there is no rule specifically defined for this sort of conversation being against the rules.

Regardless, I would like to see it stopped - I sincerely doubt any of the administration in the position to give a kingdom out would do so for USD. If you have any concerns that this may be the case, or information which leads you to believe that this is the case you can form a support ticket outlining your concerns.

Damix2
01-21-2007, 06:53 AM
I think the staff did sell it for USD

Googi
01-21-2007, 07:04 AM
I think the staff did sell it for USD

A respectable #gscripter showing this kind of disregard for evidence is not cool.

Damix2
01-21-2007, 07:11 AM
A respectable #gscripter showing this kind of disregard for evidence is not cool.

Or maybe I do have evidence :v:

darkreign3
01-21-2007, 09:12 AM
David, my new king, is a total joke. He shouldn't be king of anything. It seems to me but alot of people are getting ranks that they have not earned. Ravenblade is a Prince, Level(ispalsh) asked to be prince and David gave it to him 0_0... I told David that people need to start wearing proper RPing names and he said that he is still new and doesn't know what to do and that John is still telling him what to do. I think that we need a King that can stand on his own 2 feet and actually get something done to improve my/our kingdom.

Chris
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Or maybe I do have evidence :v:

Do tell, sir.

hampy
01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
David, my new king, is a total joke. He shouldn't be king of anything. It seems to me but alot of people are getting ranks that they have not earned. Ravenblade is a Prince, Level(ispalsh) asked to be prince and David gave it to him 0_0... I told David that people need to start wearing proper RPing names and he said that he is still new and doesn't know what to do and that John is still telling him what to do. I think that we need a King that can stand on his own 2 feet and actually get something done to improve my/our kingdom.
I agree 100% with that. :mad:

Crimson2005
01-21-2007, 11:05 PM
bosh4king

Butz
01-21-2007, 11:05 PM

I do agree that 4 princes and a princess are quite excessive.

Googi
01-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Okay look, if we're seriously going to address the question of how he became king, we have to know whether Bosh ever actually had kingship transferred to him (shouldn't be too hard) and if John retained all his rights and perhaps even his position afterwards. If John was still king or still had his rights then it seems likely that John gave the kingdom to Packratia (maybe for USD, maybe not). If Bosh was the sole king then it's more likely that the staff did it, but it would still be possible that Bosh made him king (maybe for USD, maybe not).

BigBear3
01-24-2007, 03:40 AM
I do agree that 4 princes and a princess are quite excessive.

Especially if one is iSplash

xLadyNeriahx
02-01-2007, 01:58 AM
We really have that many? Or was that before.x_x

Ravenblade1979
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
We have two now. Me and Bosh. Tig got himself banned and Level just sat in trade all day while on tag trying to milk everyone for all he could.

Ok let me explain this in words you will understand.

John told Bjorn that David was to be the new king. Bosh never was supposed to get it in the first place apparently. Besides that its Bjorn and I think sam who decides who gets the kingdom ultimatly. So I don't think that Bosh had a chance.

Waltz5
02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I think this situation, and many many others (look at Samurai) should point the staff in a certain direction.

There needs to be a written in stone rule about transferring leadership in a kingdom. That way, the current leader knows what steps to take. Then it's quite, simple, if they don't follow the steps they don't get what they want.

Ravenblade1979
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Your not even in the kingdom. I know I checked.

I think this situation, and many many others (look at Samurai) should point the staff in a certain direction.

There needs to be a written in stone rule about transferring leadership in a kingdom. That way, the current leader knows what steps to take. Then it's quite, simple, if they don't follow the steps they don't get what they want.

Good idea but the staff is worried about other things.