PDA

View Full Version : Combat Training.

myth-simba
01-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if you could have some sort of activity outside of the battlefield instead of spar?

A seperate room on most battle planet dropships like iricia would be good.

A target shooting range with moving targets. Pay a few dollars from battle, and have a chance to win some more money out of it.

Other little activities you can use to win small things like a free med kit or something.

Say for example the shooting range.. you get so good at it.. you pregress higher levels, win more money and maybe even the odd prize. Maybe even at the end a new weapon! It would be nice to sort of do things off the battlefield and then prepare to devestate and destruct when you arrive.

Triple_Darkness
01-12-2007, 01:48 AM
No.

ceserthen
01-12-2007, 02:10 AM
No.

yes

Triple_Darkness
01-12-2007, 02:16 AM
yesNo, this planet will kill the rest of the planet's becuase people can go there and not get pked and get cash.

ceserthen
01-12-2007, 02:24 AM
I think he means its to replace the thoroughly useless training section.

myth-simba
01-12-2007, 02:40 AM
I think he means its to replace the thoroughly useless training section.

And people will not neglect the battlefield.
Not many people are too keen remaining on the drop ship as they specifically come to the server to kill players. It jsut means those laofing around in the dropship can actually do something productive there.

Leoxx
01-12-2007, 03:10 AM
one, very grotesqe and horrifing long word...
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

pooper200000
01-12-2007, 03:55 AM
I think its stupid. I can go on the server and practice killing trials and they say funny words. :D If you want a target range attack the bullesye.... if you need anything else well your whining and you can stop.

jkool666
01-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Maybe if some time was put into it then yes. But for the sake of disagreeing with John, yes amazing idea I see no flaws upload it now!

pooper200000
01-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Maybe if some time was put into it then yes. But for the sake of disagreeing with John, yes amazing idea I see no flaws upload it now!

why? shouldn't we have some good updates before this? *prays for gambet as he slits wrists and throws roast chicken at targets*

don't ask about my motions just calll me ocd :D

Leoxx
01-12-2007, 04:19 AM
u know they could easily just use EP to shoot a straight forward shot AND have good range..in other words noobs can just run around with photons laming the hell outa everybody.
soooo..no....AND THE LAGGG WILL BURN UR FACE OFF!!!111!
:p

colin012
01-12-2007, 04:51 AM
I like it but onlly monny up to a sertent point. I argree on they should have 1 weapon. But they also have an area just for practice like you chose a weapon and gives difrent chalenges. Like fir the storm rifle you have to hit it with all 5 bullits in diffrent moving parrerns and speeds. For the apprices and alot of other piststoles you have to hit it 5 or so times. Each time you sucseed it moves closer or farther. Basicly the same target style of motion on all weapons but diffrent challenges on diffrent weapons. With eps you have to get the first shot and stun it like a normal person and kill it without missing. Once you do it with all of the normal weapons (Ones you don't have to buy or win but exp weapons you have to use to keep noobs from getting the prize) to keep you from using a diffrent weapon it gives you a class like "Storm Rifle Traning" and the symbole will be the icon of the weapon. You should still be able to use the event weapons and such. The game you mentioned should be like 10$ and you can only win so much befor it's just for fun. The grand prize for the game should be something alittle worse than red rifle and blue rifle so it's still worth something but it's not that good. The prize for passing traning with all basic weapons should be bigger though. worse than photon but better than red and blue rifles. Like the *hint*green rifle*hint* the challengs also apply to the game otherwise noobs would be over powered. but it should be ffaster than traning to also make it so noobs can't get the big prize. And for the prize you need to susceed like 10 times in a row and if you pass befor you get all the smaller prizes you get the sum of all you didn't get. after that theirs no point int the game other than it's harder.....

Googi
01-12-2007, 04:55 AM
I don't really see what this has over those NPCs on the spar planet. If you really want stuff on every planet just have rooms to fight NPCs on every planet's dropship.

Struggler
01-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Are you really the owner of forums? And I think its a good idea, I mean think this, another portal to not the battlefield but the game course and you can host events in the game course and win prizes. ( I think he wants this so he can get event items on Zone :O)

Googi
01-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Are you really the owner of forums?

I run things on the upper forums but the Zone forum pretty much falls outside of my empire.

smirt362
01-12-2007, 06:40 AM
I run things on the upper forums but the Zone forum pretty much falls outside of my empire.

Oh Great Master, how big would you like your golden idol?

Davidd
01-13-2007, 03:46 AM
oooookay
this is an old idea but differrent point of view.
1. A practice area should NOT be a place to win money but to TRAIN
2. one thing they could do is having a one player mode where you can play evade(bullets comming u at random) or shooting practices(a fleeing NPC)
3. Mayby they should just improve the bot so it can shoot diagonnaly
4 Or create a one player mode with a bot that u can pick lvls to choose from.
5. you make a trial account and have fun

there is no way they would make a planet by just winning money for shooting targets X_x

Triple_Darkness
01-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Improve idea's
1.DOESNT cost money to do this
2.CANT win money on this

Well that's it

Davidd
01-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Improve idea's
1.DOESNT cost money to do this
2.CANT win money on this

Well that's it

O_O that basicly what i just said

Switch
01-13-2007, 05:38 AM
I agree with Colin012 (first page) COMPLETELY! I mean games would be fun, but maybe like $10 each mission? And the missions wouldn't be like "Shoot this guy 1 time and shoot that guy another), but more like, "You have to infiltrate the enemy base. While you're there, you must stay undetected, or face many enemy troops. You must collect the disk and GET OUT OF THERE before you're caught!" Now THAT would be cool. And then it gets harder and harder each time... Seriosly this is a good idea, just not with the shooting range XD too easy, and money each shot? HAH! But what I said before, not baby, but medium, then harder and harder. Oh, and if you're not Gold/VIP then you get the weps but only for a limited time, and each mission you get like 150 HP ('cause of troops, you know).

invaderzim66889
01-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I like this idea. Here are reasons why: (Good form. Everyone follow my example.)
1. You get money without pking (sometimes annoying because of critisism)
2. You do something other than pk.
3. Variety.
4. 4. Four reasons.

Some things that could make everyone happier:

1. For target practice (would be hard) you'd get like 1exp and 2 money a target, therefore you'd get a "lamers pay".
2. Mission things would have a max pay-out of a certain number that fits (150ZoneGolds?) and cost 10ZG to play.
3. I only read the first post and skimmed the rest so this might be a bit off.

Zim-

Crono
01-13-2007, 04:13 PM
no

UnknownMasterMind
01-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Sadly, I agree with Germai, This kind of thing was not ment for Zone. Zone is a Giant PK Server. And mini Games, would not fit in right. First, Alot of people would only use Mini Games to Earn Weapons that are for Sale. (i.e. Photon, BR, RR). Then they could also use them to lame! They could win lots of money, Then buy proxes, Set them down all over, And go to the dropship, Play Minigames, while people die, And when the Team wins or loses, He wont be able to get warped, because he would be on a different Level, Minigames.

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

colin012
01-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Sadly, I agree with Germai, This kind of thing was not ment for Zone. Zone is a Giant PK Server. And mini Games, would not fit in right. First, Alot of people would only use Mini Games to Earn Weapons that are for Sale. (i.e. Photon, BR, RR). Then they could also use them to lame! They could win lots of money, Then buy proxes, Set them down all over, And go to the dropship, Play Minigames, while people die, And when the Team wins or loses, He wont be able to get warped, because he would be on a different Level, Minigames.

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

zone needs more ways to get weapons. Like prizes. They wouldn't be as good as the rr or br but they would give new players a chance against photons but still alows them not to get over powered. Read my earlyr. Like I said in it they could only win 1k over all and a small weapon.....

Crono
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
zone needs more ways to get weapons. Like prizes. They wouldn't be as good as the rr or br but they would give new players a chance against photons but still alows them not to get over powered. Read my earlyr. Like I said in it they could only win 1k over all and a small weapon.....

No it doesn't. Since the beginning, Zone was meant to be a server where you log on and just start to fight. Much like other games like Battlefield, Counterstrike, F.E.A.R, or any other multiplayer FPS for that matter.

You're lucky Stefan even decided to add more weapons/event weapons.

dude2020
01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
You're lucky Stefan even decided to add more weapons/event [email protected] if he didn't Zone will be dieing (Again),plus there needs to be a new event item. it's kinda boring with the same old three Red Pistoles, Blue Pistoles, Reaper's

UnknownMasterMind
01-15-2007, 12:56 AM
I agree with Gerami, Agian.
And John, About the new Event Weapon. Their is no reason for it. Alot of players have Event Items, But most of them, never use them now, or Are Gone. I count Six(6) people, Who have all the Event Weapons.
Accounts:
-jkool666
-Huwajux
-SayianOozaru
-dude2020
-MisterMasterMind
-someonesomewhere

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

dude2020
01-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree with Gerami, Agian.
And John, About the new Event Weapon. Their is no reason for it. Alot of players have Event Items, But most of them, never use them now, or Are Gone. I count Six(6) people, Who have all the Event Weapons.
Accounts:
-jkool666
-SayianOozaru
-MisterMasterMind
-someonesomewhere

Sincerely,
Sparda Darki am Trial i dont gotdem all! D: plus Huwajux doesnt have Rps and Bps

jkool666
01-15-2007, 02:24 AM
i am Trial i dont gotdem all! D: plus Huwajux doesnt have Rps and Bps
Take cor off that to, he has a new file i.e. no event weapons. His someonesomewhere account is out of Gold. Typhoon and Sayian never log on. So hmm, Jesse ftw! XD

dude2020
01-15-2007, 02:26 AM
Take cor off that to, he has a new file i.e. no event weapons. His someonesomewhere account is out of Gold. Typhoon and Sayian never log on. So hmm, Jesse ftw! XDSayian has no choice! he'll be back. and Typhoon yah agreed

Davidd
01-15-2007, 02:41 AM
LOL thats no very fair that only jesse has them all plus he"s an ET O_o coincidence?lol jk lol lets not get bacl on "we need more events" thread XDevean tho we do need more eveants X_x
but i agree that we need more ways to get more weps then buy exp event

UnknownMasterMind
01-15-2007, 04:44 AM
LOL thats no very fair that only jesse has them all plus he"s an ET O_o coincidence?lol jk lol lets not get bacl on "we need more events" thread XDevean tho we do need more eveants X_x
but i agree that we need more ways to get more weps then buy exp event

Trust me, Dont even go their. He won them, Their is no other way. Event Team Members, Host Events. Then The Event Team Leader(Vulcan), Gives them the Weapon, When he gets on.

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

dude2020
01-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Trust me, Dont even go their. He won them, Their is no other way. Event Team Members, Host Events. Then The Event Team Leader(Stefan), Gives them the Weapon, When he gets on.

Sincerely,
Sparda DarkStefan doesnt do the ET hiring's he hired Vulcan for that

Davidd
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Trust me, Dont even go their. He won them, Their is no other way. Event Team Members, Host Events. Then The Event Team Leader(Vulcan), Gives them the Weapon, When he gets on.

Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

read the white text next time ;)

Huwajux
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
-Huwajux
I never won Blue Pistoles and gave my Red Pistoles away.

pooper200000
01-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I thought you weren't allowed to?

Huwajux
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought you weren't allowed to?
Well my trade was an "Exception" as Stefan put it. See, he does like me!

pooper200000
01-15-2007, 06:38 PM

hes capable of actually talking?!?!?

jkool666
01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
LOL thats no very fair that only jesse has them all plus he"s an ET O_o coincidence
I got my weapons LONG before I was made ET anyways...

Dante55555
01-15-2007, 10:28 PM

How many blow jobs did you have to give Vulcan to convince him to talk to Stefan to do this then?

pooper200000
01-15-2007, 11:13 PM

who did you give them too?

Huwajux
01-15-2007, 11:17 PM
who did you give them too?
Zippy.

pooper200000
01-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Zippy.

whos that? is that guy with the white head?

Crono
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Sincerely,
Sparda Dark

stop signing every damn post with your nick, thats what signatures are for

someonesomewhere
01-16-2007, 02:26 AM
stop signing every damn post with your nick, thats what signatures are for

But then he wouldn't annoy you :(

jkool666
01-16-2007, 07:05 AM
It used to be alright to give items away. I gave my RedPistoles to Dozer. I actually think I gave them away a few days before the rule was made that it wasn't aloud. Its a good rule though.

Dante55555
01-16-2007, 09:56 AM
whos that? is that guy with the white head?

Old zone member, still plays i think. Yea i think he has a hocky mask like you.

I was like a freaking vending machine when it came to giving away event items, back when winning an item more than once meant you got to choose who you want to give it to. I won nearly every weapon about 5 times so everyone was getting free crap off me >:(.. I remember the 1st chance i ever was in a RP event it was me and Dark in the end and i let him win -.-.. Hed of probly won anyway but the time was running out so no one was gonna.

Huwajux
01-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Old zone member, still plays i think. Yea i think he has a hocky mask like you.
No. He wears a green berret, sunglasses, white jacket and blue trousers.

Dante55555
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
No. He wears a green berret, sunglasses, white jacket and blue trousers.

You pay alot of attention to him eh, u think hes sexy or somet? ey ey? lol tell him i said hi if u see him, havnt seen him in ages. Used to be 1 of my best mates.. Im sure he was Xanadu