PDA

View Full Version : Blow darts

colin012
01-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Sence sayian made a shading guide but not a outline guide I didn't have anything to practice on. So I made some blow darts! I liked em so I mad sfx to go with them. Tell me what you think on the darts, the gun if you can call it that, and the sfx. (I made the sfx with an empty blow dart gun made of bamboo)

Name: Blow Darts
Damage: 10
Speed: A bit faster than cross bow so when the sound starts when the dart enters the screen and ends when it leaves.
Efects: Orange Poisens (Takes health away at 1 a second) a orange glow like the green one when you get normal poisnd sound efect 1 on users screen and 2 on all others
Range: either a little longer than cross bow or a bit shorter
Classes: You can up the stats and make it buyable for 3000 or in scout. (Just seems scouty to me)

I found the sfx and I got sick of 1 color bullits so I shaded em for practice so hear ya go (If the bullits are gonna be used you don't need to gain em theyr alredy in the spot we need em just change the file)

Googi
01-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Nice job of making the GFX look un-Zone-like.

zell12
01-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Isn't this supposed to be like... the future? You are taking a leap into the past with that blow thingey.

Tom
01-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Blow-Nukes

colin012
01-09-2007, 06:15 AM
1: Your probly right I went to dark at the end
2: People still use em and the trick is it's quite so it's almost impossable to hear their for still rendering it usefull and I gave it a futeristic orange poisen:D
3: Wth?

zell12
01-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Liked I said, blow pipe is so 5th century.

colin012
01-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Besides googi who actuly plays zone.... and if your looking at it that way... Lets get ride of the crossbow the srynge to combat knife and anything that shoots bullits.

Crono
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
what the hell is that...?

i hope my comment easily shows my opinion on the graphic

colin012
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Mainly something to practice shading on sence I don't have to do an outline. I got to sayians shading guide. It's a blow pipe lol. Yes I know it's not futureistic but zone has smgs and stuff like that so I thought I would give it a shot :)

Oh and googi I figured out why it doesn't look zone-like. It's not made of iron theyfor rendering usless to be metalic. If graal shop didn't die I would give you a picture on the player..... *hint**hint*

Huwajux
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice job of making the GFX look un-Zone-like.
He is still learning, give him a break.

I like the idea and the different method of poisoning. The SFX is also nice too. I know it is hard to make a blowpipe GFX look detailed but since others are whining that it is too "Old" for Zone how about making it a metallic sort of shade with a couple of random lights on it. :p

Edit: Oh and for the poisoning you mentioned, perhaps it only saps about 5-10hp per dart? Because if it kept sapping the poor guy who was hit would keep dying.

jkool666
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Lets get ride of the crossbow the srynge to combat knife and anything that shoots bullits.
No... Not anything, how many pistols have you heard of that shoots two bullets out of them. PLEASE COLIN don't say, but dats when dthere dual eweildred
too "Old" for Zone
Your absoultely right :).

But seriously, blowpipes were weapons used by Pygmies in Africa... Not in a futuristic war game. Combat knives, crossbows and, guns that shoot bullets probably will be used in the future. But I'm sorry, the Blowpipe, won't...

anubis_wing
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
I made my own wood piece, here.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1214/blowdartsey7.png (http://imageshack.us)

colin012
01-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Your wood pice doesn't hav any shading and the up perspective shouldn't have a hole and you don't have darts with mettle poisn tips

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 12:35 AM
It does have shading, it's just not as noticable, have you looked at any of the Zone weapons, zoomed out it's hard to tell most places shading is. I put the hole on the up perspective because it looks better in my opinion, also I didn't want to put the Darts in because I was short of time.

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok, here is a better version.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8683/blowdartsok2.png (http://imageshack.us)The smiley face is just a smiley face, enjoy

colin012
01-10-2007, 01:58 AM
I still isn't shaded it's all dark and the feathers are nice but they still arn't shaded. here I will make a metalic futureistic one.

ceserthen
01-10-2007, 02:00 AM
even I in my less than supior shading skills know that these are not right you need to shade them like a tube and not like a weirdly shaded ruler. Here's a better example of more realistic shading I whiped up for you all in 30 seconds.
*edit*-added second shading of a metalic tube

someonesomewhere
01-10-2007, 02:21 AM
...not exactly futuristic

ceserthen
01-10-2007, 02:24 AM
...not exactly futuristic

It's just a shading example to demonstrate for an uninterupted tube how you shade it.

colin012
01-10-2007, 03:45 AM
I made a futureistic version with all new orange plasma energy!!!! (Oh I took your advice on shading but don't be sarcastic I know yours was better it's just anbus)edit**added modified origanal

jkool666
01-10-2007, 03:55 AM
It's just a shading example to demonstrate for an uninterupted tube how you shade it.
No your GFX looks nice, I believe hes saying, and I agree, that the whole idea isn't futuristic.

ceserthen
01-10-2007, 04:21 AM
you're getting there act as if the tube has a light from above. you did a good job on the orange part.
*edit*-added attachment
This is a good example of an edited version of yours.

someonesomewhere
01-10-2007, 04:25 AM
I meant the idea. And the gfx looks like a little pole.

colin012
01-10-2007, 04:41 AM
No your GFX looks nice, I believe hes saying, and I agree, that the whole idea isn't futuristic.

the idea of the cross bow and the smg arn't futureistic. as well as anything that shoots bullits

you're getting there act as if the tube has a light from above. you did a good job on the orange part.
*edit*-added attachment
This is a good example of an edited version of yours.

I'm gonna need more even lighter colers

ceserthen
01-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Metals tend to have different colors. Light colors usualy work on shinier metals that are smooth.

jkool666
01-10-2007, 05:46 AM
the idea of the cross bow and the smg arn't futureistic. as well as anything that shoots bullits
Colin... Please... PLEASE read before you post... PLEASE... Now go read the first page.
You know what, since I lack faith in you to understand what I'm saying, here...

But seriously, blowpipes were weapons used by Pygmies in Africa... Not in a futuristic war game. Combat knives, crossbows and, guns that shoot bullets probably will be used in the future. But I'm sorry, the Blowpipe, won't...

colin012
01-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Colin... Please... PLEASE read before you post... PLEASE... Now go read the first page.
You know what, since I lack faith in you to understand what I'm saying, here...

:blush: I thought I got all the new posts :blush: They would be used in the future for a few reasons:

1:They arn't very heavy
2:They make almost noise thats where the saying "Silent but deadly" or "SBD" comes from.
3:They need very few suplys to prepare
4:Very easy to hlod idle for climbing
5:You never run out of ammo beacuse darts are easy to make
6:They can get past mettle detectors and are easy to hide

What about the crossbow?>_< Either way heres the betterly shaded futureistic version. (I'm gonna make the wodden one for tomarro for kingdomes) Also you read. I said I didn't expect this to get into zone when I made it. It was only for practice shading. Though you should keep the bullits the other ones are bland.

Draenin
01-10-2007, 07:05 AM
My costume construction professor had a blowgun in the costume shop. None of us knew it until he decided to suddenly launch a dart at one of the cork bulletin boards one day.

Huwajux
01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm with Colin on this one. If giant claws made out of candy canes that shoot bullets, a pumpkin themed gun that shoots frickin' pumpkins, a ghost themed gun that shoots (Uh...) ghosts and bloody pipebombs made out of pumpkins fit into Zone, why can't a blowpipe?

Huwajux
01-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Gfx
That GFX is a lot nicer. Well done. :)

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 02:26 PM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8683/blowdartsok2.png (http://imageshack.us)

I still like mine best :P

colin012
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I still admire your outline skills on the darts but maby go to the information section on the zone fourms and look at sayians shading guide

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
It is shaded, just not Saiyan's way, I do my own shading.

Crow
01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
W00t. Sorry for bmp, but its not that big and I was lazy, so why convert it to png?:]

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Here, I tried to make it a little better.
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9162/arcksi5.png (http://imageshack.us)

colin012
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok I made the wooden one a little better. So hear you go. Oh and anubis submit that one to un it's not exactly zone style sorry. I also changed the normal bullits a little.

anubis_wing
01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Right, and yours is.
Anyways, I don't wanna submit anything to UN, they're poopie.

Triple_Darkness
01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
W00t. Sorry for bmp, but its not that big and I was lazy, so why convert it to png?:]You're>All

colin012
01-10-2007, 10:26 PM
You're>All

It has only 2 alternating colers>_<

Triple_Darkness
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM
It has only 2 alternating colers>_<it's better *slap*

Leoxx
01-11-2007, 12:11 AM
it's better *slap*

(neways..xD)

i think it looks good and the shading is alot better than wat i was gona do for my weapon (speaking of which colin, could u shade my weapon, cause i cant shade worth crap :cry: ), and it would be useful for someone who can dodge good...LIKE ME! lol

colin012
01-11-2007, 02:21 AM
(neways..xD)

i think it looks good and the shading is alot better than wat i was gona do for my weapon (speaking of which colin, could u shade my weapon, cause i cant shade worth crap :cry: ), and it would be useful for someone who can dodge good...LIKE ME! lol

Sure just get the basic colers and past it. Like one shade of sray in all the grey spots and one shade of red in red spots ect. That way I know what colers wou want everything......

Right, and yours is.
Anyways, I don't wanna submit anything to UN, they're poopie.

Mine have about 10 a peice not counting the orande part on the "Futuristic" one. and he wasn't talking to you he was talking to crow. The submit it to a clasic server or player world. Oh heres another version of the futuristic one it's a 2 pixle difrence but still!

anubis_wing
01-11-2007, 02:26 AM
I find your shading technique pathetic D:

Triple_Darkness
01-11-2007, 02:31 AM
i 99.9 like it, its too brightDAMN

colin012
01-11-2007, 02:32 AM

Ya know what 2 things. It doesn't mach zone at all and I'm not even gonna argue cuz neither of us are gonna budge.

It also has to be darker at the end where you blow cuz the head will be in the way....

ceserthen
01-11-2007, 04:13 AM

You know your shading technique is that of a monkey. Improve before you scold with your little mouth. Also whats your shading shading techniqu have on his.

Ya know what 2 things. It doesn't mach zone at all and I'm not even gonna argue cuz neither of us are gonna budge.

It also has to be darker at the end where you blow cuz the head will be in the way....

Hey keep on trying to no matter what they say.
Good Idea makes it look better

smirt362
01-11-2007, 05:04 AM
I really didn't like any of the blowguns y'all made so I made my own just for fun.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1060/blowgunmj5.png

kia345
01-11-2007, 05:13 AM
best one on this thread.

colin012
01-11-2007, 05:26 AM
I like it but it's to flashy for a blowgun. they r suposed to me simple easy to make and cheap. This was also suposed to be me trying to hone my shading skills untill sayian comes out with a outline. SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR OWN PEOPLE! This was my idea! Geez now I know why sayian get's so mad. You do alot of hard work and carfull planing then people don't like it. I'm willing to take people giving me advice sence this is me first REAL gfx but people trying to make theyr own cuz they don't like it is just anoying! It's my thing you can give me advice on how to do it but don't do it for me and don't complane. In stead of whining like babys tall me what I can do diffrent! Also doing it for me is a insalte. It's basicly saying "You suck and I lack any trust that you can do better even if I tell you whats wrong so stop trying cuz your not gonna get any where" so making one for me is even more insalting than complaning..... I have been nice I made 2 difrent moddles cuz it wasn't futuristic enough I re-did both moddles several times and you still whine on and on. I don't know how sayian can deal with this over and over.!pissed!

kia345
01-11-2007, 05:34 AM
i like yours too <3

colin012
01-11-2007, 05:46 AM
i like yours too <3

Stop butt kissing. also his shading doesn't match zone at all. Also whats with all these people that don't even play zone all the sudden. I want sayian and crono and other people that actuly get on the fourms and on zone to see this.

smirt362
01-11-2007, 06:53 AM
I like it but it's to flashy for a blowgun. they r suposed to me simple easy to make and cheap.

Not all blow guns are made the same way...so I wanted to make mine interesting to look at.

This was also suposed to be me trying to hone my shading skills untill sayian comes out with a outline. SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR OWN PEOPLE! This was my idea! Geez now I know why sayian get's so mad. You do alot of hard work and carfull planing then people don't like it. I'm willing to take people giving me advice sence this is me first REAL gfx but people trying to make theyr own cuz they don't like it is just anoying! It's my thing you can give me advice on how to do it but don't do it for me and don't complane. In stead of whining like babys tall me what I can do diffrent!

I don't see why you're getting so possessive over a damn metallic tube. It's not like you're the first person to come up with idea either. Also, I've never seen Saiyan that angry over his graphics when people make suggestions. Furthermore no one is complaining about your graphic, in fact a large number of posts in this thread have either been how to improve the graphic or comments on the graphic. Just because someone doesn't INSTANTLY fall in love with something you thought up or created doesn't give you the right to be defensive about the criticisms you receive and label them as "COMPLAINTS."

Also doing it for me is a insalte. It's basicly saying "You suck and I lack any trust that you can do better even if I tell you whats wrong so stop trying cuz your not gonna get any where" so making one for me is even more insalting than complaning.....

You shouldn't get so worked up over people making their own, if it's better than yours then you should try to learn from it and not take it as an insult.

I have been nice I made 2 difrent moddles cuz it wasn't futuristic enough I re-did both moddles several times and you still whine on and on. I don't know how sayian can deal with this over and over.!pissed!

How have you been nice? You don't have to make graphics, no one is forcing you. I also fail to see any whining going on, except for this ridiculously gnarled mass of spelling/typing errors. Oh and Saiyan can deal with it because he's at least somewhat mature.

Stop butt kissing. also his shading doesn't match zone at all. Also whats with all these people that don't even play zone all the sudden. I want sayian and crono and other people that actuly get on the fourms and on zone to see this.

He wasn't butt kissing...can't he be nice? And Even though this is the Zone GFX submissions (probably should of gone in the GRAPHICS forum since you were just trying to "hone your skills") I was just making a blowgun for fun. Also, last I checked these forums are open to everyone and if we would like to post in the Zone forum I think we are entitled too. Last but not least, Crono did post and basically said that he didn't like it.

jkool666
01-11-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm with Colin on this one. If giant claws made out of candy canes that shoot bullets, a pumpkin themed gun that shoots frickin' pumpkins, a ghost themed gun that shoots (Uh...) ghosts and bloody pipebombs made out of pumpkins fit into Zone, why can't a blowpipe?
Please tell me your joking... Those are holiday weapons, and I never said they fit with zone... But a blowpipe, come on. A crossbow dart would pierce the clothing used on Zone, but a little dark fired as fast as you can blow, would do nothing just from looking at some of the different bodies we have on Zone :S.

Huwajux
01-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I still like the silver one with that thing in the middle. :P

Smirt's is great but doesn't look Zone-ish.

anubis_wing
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Smirt's is awesome, that's good shading, also it can be used for multi-purposes.
One of those peper things
A more grown up uses
Yes, Smirt's has reached all perfection, buy now only 19.99!

ceserthen
01-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I really didn't like any of the blowguns y'all made so I made my own just for fun.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1060/blowgunmj5.png

not to be rude but it honestly looks like a recorder, you know that flute thing.

Draenin
01-11-2007, 03:56 PM
That's what a blowgun actually does look like, though. :/

Crow
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
It has only 2 alternating colers>_<

I doesnt need much colors to look good. Well, it needs around 50 colors to fit Zone, but I did never say I made this one for Zone, it was just for fun :]

smirt362
01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
not to be rude but it honestly looks like a recorder, you know that flute thing.

Well when I finished it...I looked at it and thought that it looked kinda like a flute or a pepper grinder.

Leoxx
01-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Also, I've never seen Saiyan that angry over his graphics when people make suggestions.

because if he did then his computer wouldnt be the only one to explode

kia345
01-12-2007, 12:17 AM

fine ill tell you the truth, i hate yours, drag it to the recycle bin and dump it. if you want peoples support for something you made then dont pms whenever someone actually compliments it.

ceserthen
01-12-2007, 01:38 AM

I don't play Zone!?! I am offended in the highest manner, nah I'm kidding.

Yeah kia Find your team and stick with it, stop hopping the fence.

colin012
01-12-2007, 04:00 AM
Not all blow guns are made the same way...so I wanted to make mine interesting to look at.

I don't see why you're getting so possessive over a damn metallic tube. It's not like you're the first person to come up with idea either. Also, I've never seen Saiyan that angry over his graphics when people make suggestions. Furthermore no one is complaining about your graphic, in fact a large number of posts in this thread have either been how to improve the graphic or comments on the graphic. Just because someone doesn't INSTANTLY fall in love with something you thought up or created doesn't give you the right to be defensive about the criticisms you receive and label them as "COMPLAINTS."

You shouldn't get so worked up over people making their own, if it's better than yours then you should try to learn from it and not take it as an insult.

How have you been nice? You don't have to make graphics, no one is forcing you. I also fail to see any whining going on, except for this ridiculously gnarled mass of spelling/typing errors. Oh and Saiyan can deal with it because he's at least somewhat mature.

He wasn't butt kissing...can't he be nice? And Even though this is the Zone GFX submissions (probably should of gone in the GRAPHICS forum since you were just trying to "hone your skills") I was just making a blowgun for fun. Also, last I checked these forums are open to everyone and if we would like to post in the Zone forum I think we are entitled too. Last but not least, Crono did post and basically said that he didn't like it.
Ok first off complants are "Nice job at making the gfx not look zone-ish" asistence is " Needs to be lighter on the top" Sayian has gotten angryer over someone to tell him to make something lighter... The fourms are oppen to everyone but what do all these people care about a server they don't play. I may be 13 but I'm still more mature than most 20 years and you have no respect at all and if you recall I have keppt editing the first post changing so when he said it he was talking about my first or second one. I'm not being posesive this is my first REAL gfx and I have a right to not want people and If you wanted to make something for fun you can make something else and be RESPECTFULL. Further more I didn't post on the other gfx fourms cuz zone shading isn't the same as shading for everything else and I wanted to know what sayian thought cuz I used his shading tutorial and wanted advice form people that do zone work. Also I wanted to see what people thought about the idea Cuz I wanted one almost sence I saw zone didn't have it. Who says school doesn't teach ya how to argue. Thats what logic class is for. It also teaches you how to lie but I alwas get a funny accent and blush when I lie.

I still like the silver one with that thing in the middle. :P

Smirt's is great but doesn't look Zone-ish.

Thats what I said and thanks for the somplament.

It looks exactly like one with the thins and wides in those exact positions....

That's what a blowgun actually does look like, though. :/

No. a dart could have never fit through a hole that small and don't try to tell me thats the part you breath in thats just as wide so more air can fit in at the same time propelling the dart.....

fine ill tell you the truth, i hate yours, drag it to the recycle bin and dump it. if you want peoples support for something you made then dont pms whenever someone actually compliments it. You think just beacuse I don't make a post on a fourm means I didn't read the whole thing throughly. I saw what you said about zone. You said "Grow up zone kids" and now you wish you didn't say it cuz all zone hates you and you think I don't know. also the way you said "Yours is the best one on this fourm" you implied that all the others sucked.......

Leoxx
01-12-2007, 04:29 AM
i complimented...
HELL I EVEN ASK U TO HELP ME WITH MINE!
oh and srry for not telling u the basic colors, i forgot xD, well theyre, blue and a dark grey color, if u got the outline then sweet, if not tell me and ill send it to u (put it on a post ofcourse).

ceserthen
01-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Ok first off complants are "Nice job at making the gfx not look zone-ish" asistence is " Needs to be lighter on the top" Sayian has gotten angryer over someone to tell him to make something lighter... The fourms are oppen to everyone but what do all these people care about a server they don't play. I may be 13 but I'm still more mature than most 20 years and you have no respect at all and if you recall I have keppt editing the first post changing so when he said it he was talking about my first or second one. I'm not being posesive this is my first REAL gfx and I have a right to not want people and If you wanted to make something for fun you can make something else and be RESPECTFULL. Further more I didn't post on the other gfx fourms cuz zone shading isn't the same as shading for everything else and I wanted to know what sayian thought cuz I used his shading tutorial and wanted advice form people that do zone work. Also I wanted to see what people thought about the idea Cuz I wanted one almost sence I saw zone didn't have it. Who says school doesn't teach ya how to argue. Thats what logic class is for. It also teaches you how to lie but I alwas get a funny accent and blush when I lie.

Thats what I said and thanks for the somplament.

It looks exactly like one with the thins and wides in those exact positions....

No. a dart could have never fit through a hole that small and don't try to tell me thats the part you breath in thats just as wide so more air can fit in at the same time propelling the dart.....

You think just beacuse I don't make a post on a fourm means I didn't read the whole thing throughly. I saw what you said about zone. You said "Grow up zone kids" and now you wish you didn't say it cuz all zone hates you and you think I don't know. also the way you said "Yours is the best one on this fourm" you implied that all the others sucked.......

AHHHHHH! the griping it burns me ears. I think you people should just let this die. No need to start a flamish war here people.

*edit* (note: this is not only to colin but to all of you who constantly nag trying to make yours sound better)

colin012
01-12-2007, 05:12 AM
i complimented...
HELL I EVEN ASK U TO HELP ME WITH MINE!
oh and srry for not telling u the basic colors, i forgot xD, well theyre, blue and a dark grey color, if u got the outline then sweet, if not tell me and ill send it to u (put it on a post ofcourse).

It applys to people that say "I didn't like any of the others" and know I don't have it. please give it 4 veiws cuz otherwise theirs no point.....

AHHHHHH! the griping it burns me ears. I think you people should just let this die. No need to start a flamish war here people.

*edit* (note: this is not only to colin but to all of you who constantly nag trying to make yours sound better)

THANK YOU! Wheres a modeter when you need one and sorry I'm just so agrevated all my friend's friend's friends keep passing on and I want respect for trying cuz I know I'm new to gfx and to tell the truth I was very happy with the resalts of sayians guide.......

kia345
01-12-2007, 05:36 AM
You think just beacuse I don't make a post on a fourm means I didn't read the whole thing throughly. I saw what you said about zone. You said "Grow up zone kids" and now you wish you didn't say it cuz all zone hates you and you think I don't know. also the way you said "Yours is the best one on this fourm" you implied that all the others sucked.......

grow up zone kids implies that i think most of you are childish. and i stand by that. i was being honest when im complimented your gfx but you get all defensive and stuff? here i am being nice and you jump to conclussions.

colin012
01-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Lets just stop arguing cuz I'm gonna hold me place and your gonna hold yours so it's pointless

smirt362
01-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Ok first off complants are "Nice job at making the gfx not look zone-ish" asistence is " Needs to be lighter on the top"

That's more of a snide remark.

Sayian has gotten angryer over someone to tell him to make something lighter...

But he got a little angry, but not full blown ape **** over it.

The fourms are oppen to everyone but what do all these people care about a server they don't play.

A forum functions much like a bulletin board; users submit postings for all to read and discussion ensues.

I may be 13 but I'm still more mature than most 20 years and you have no respect at all and if you recall I have keppt editing the first post changing so when he said it he was talking about my first or second one.

I have plenty respect for everyone and a mature person would of basically ignored the crappy comments. Also, knowing Crono I would imagine that he would still say they are kinda crappy.

I'm not being posesive this is my first REAL gfx and I have a right to not want people and If you wanted to make something for fun you can make something else and be RESPECTFULL.

Once I get an idea in my head I usually want to make it just to see how good I can pixel it..I don't really see the big deal with making my own blowgun.

Further more I didn't post on the other gfx fourms cuz zone shading isn't the same as shading for everything else and I wanted to know what sayian thought cuz I used his shading tutorial and wanted advice form people that do zone work. Also I wanted to see what people thought about the idea Cuz I wanted one almost sence I saw zone didn't have it.

No matter where you post on this forum everyone, whether or not they actually play Zone, will be able to see it and it would probably of been better to post it in the graphics forum where people who actually do graphics check for new threads.

Who says school doesn't teach ya how to argue. Thats what logic class is for. It also teaches you how to lie but I alwas get a funny accent and blush when I lie.

Are you trying to pat yourself on the back here or something?

You're thinking of throwing darts by the looks of the included darts in you graphic. Actual blowgun darts are basically long needles.

colin012
01-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I have plenty respect for everyone and a mature person would of basically ignored the crappy comments.

Oh thats realy helpfull for you. Look whos not ignoring my "crapy comments" anywas like I said lets stop arguing cuz neither of us are going to budge... and this fourm is going to get dealeted cuz of us.....

Oh I was sayiang that you do learn helpfull things at school...

Leoxx
01-12-2007, 11:24 PM
that other guy that i dont remember the name of that im too lazy to go back see has a lot of stuff writen so im just gona ignore it for now :D lol no offence

ok colin here it is! Ka-Me-Ha-Me..

poof..
its not too good but not too bad, i played Phantasy Star Universe for a while and it had knuckle weapons and they kicked major @$$, so i was like hey why not. but here ya go :D

anubis_wing
01-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Errrrrhm, I'm confused what it that?

Leoxx
01-13-2007, 01:20 AM
a knuckle weapon, itll look alot better if it was shaded.
im better with my pencils than i am on the computer

colin012
01-14-2007, 12:06 AM
a knuckle weapon, itll look alot better if it was shaded.
im better with my pencils than i am on the computer

It only has 1 veiw and it would take up half the zone screen.............

Leoxx
01-14-2007, 09:39 PM
wat part of im better with my pencil didnt u understand, neways it isnt gona be that big, and i also tryed to tell u that i only had one view point, but like everybody else in the world, ya ignored me

colin012
01-15-2007, 02:09 AM
then make it smallerX_X

Switch
01-18-2007, 10:23 PM
This shouldn't be a BLOW dart, but maybe a shoot-dart? It jsut SHOOTS darts... this'll solve the contrevarsy...?

hilary1612
01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
This shouldn't be a BLOW dart, but maybe a shoot-dart? It jsut SHOOTS darts... this'll solve the contrevarsy...?

We already have a dart gun, it's on Guild Wars.

jkool666
01-19-2007, 03:30 AM
We already have a dart gun, it's on Guild Wars.
Good Boing <3

BigBear3
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Sence sayian made a shading guide but not a outline guide I didn't have anything to practice on. So I made some blow darts! I liked em so I mad sfx to go with them. Tell me what you think on the darts, the gun if you can call it that, and the sfx. (I made the sfx with an empty blow dart gun made of bamboo)

Name: Blow Darts
Damage: 10
Speed: A bit faster than cross bow so when the sound starts when the dart enters the screen and ends when it leaves.
Efects: Orange Poisens (Takes health away at 1 a second) a orange glow like the green one when you get normal poisnd sound efect 1 on users screen and 2 on all others
Range: either a little longer than cross bow or a bit shorter
Classes: You can up the stats and make it buyable for 3000 or in scout. (Just seems scouty to me)

I found the sfx and I got sick of 1 color bullits so I shaded em for practice so hear ya go (If the bullits are gonna be used you don't need to gain em theyr alredy in the spot we need em just change the file)

Cooool

SayianOozaru
01-21-2007, 05:59 AM
*bump(?)

kia345
01-21-2007, 06:10 AM
its not really a bump considering this topic isnt very old is it?

colin012
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Cooool

ty..... anything I could fix?

*bump(?)

whats your oppinion on it sayian? I made it bassed off your guide......