PDA

View Full Version : Should guilds with 0% activity be disbanded?

Ibonic
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
This is not a guarantee that they will or won't be, especially since I haven't fully discussed it with Unixmad yet. But I know some of you are complaining constantly about all of the inactive guilds, so I would like to know what the majority of your opinions are for this partial¹ solution.

{self-comment: It would be nice if we had some kind of global in-game voting system to cover more players, hmm...}

Anyway,
Do you think guilds with 0% activity should be disbanded?
If so, after how long? 2 weeks, a month, 6 months?

If this is implemented, I would like to have some kind of warning system in place so that the guild leader and other members have a chance at preventing it. I believe this has been suggested elsewhere in the forums.

Please keep in mind that I am aware of other guild issues and that I want to take care of them all in time, but this thread isn't meant to discuss them right now.
Let's try for one thing at a time and maybe they'll eventually get done.

¹ It's possible that in the future we could do something additional such as require a certain number of members to be on tag per month, which was also suggested. But again, one thing at a time for now.

Chris
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
After 1-2 months of inactivity.

Crono
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
So a guild with tons of history and such would get deleted?

I don't like this. :(

Crimson2005
01-05-2007, 07:37 PM
1 month of inactivity :)

hampy
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I vote yes, after 1 month of inactivity. But the leader of the guild should be told to sort it out after say 3 weeks

nikomi946
01-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I would say a 6 month time frame since many who are in college and universities often have rather long absences but do return. Or there's that nasty addiction to other online games that often keep them away for awhile.

Ibonic
01-05-2007, 08:09 PM
I guess maybe this also shouldn't apply if the guild leader has an active VIP (or Gold?) subscription.

Rufus
01-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I guess maybe this also shouldn't apply if the guild leader has an active VIP (or Gold?) subscription.

Yes, that's perfect.

This would add function to VIP (ignore the Gold, in my opinion that's for different purposes).

Googi
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
How about giving us an explanation of what "0% activity" means? How inactive does a guild have to be for its activity to go to 0%?

kia345
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
no they shouldnt be disbanded...

for the same reason as crono, the historic guilds deserve to stay. RR, meep, all them guilds =(

Rufus
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
There are currently 334 guilds with 0% activity x_x

Minoc
01-05-2007, 08:24 PM
%0 activity, after a month.
Old guilds (5 years or older) should stay regardless.

Luda
01-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Yeah, I like that idea Minoc :]

Darlene159
01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
yes, after 1 month of inactivity.

I would say that a guild leader should have another person to take over if they have to go away for an extended amount of time, if they care about the guild.

I also do not know if I agree that very old guilds should stay no matter what. Inactivity is inactivity.
Or , if the old guild is to stay, someone should be appointed acting leader, or something, to make it avtive again.

Minoc
01-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Or , if the old guild is to stay, someone should be appointed acting leader, or something, to make it avtive again.
If the guild has %0 of activity, who could be appointed leader?

Curt1zzle
01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I voted no, but I have no argument.

Chompy
01-05-2007, 08:58 PM
if the old guild is to stay, someone should be appointed acting leader, or something, to make it active again.

Well, would be hard to make 'paused' active again ( over 0%)
It is currently at -1619%

Well, I am not against it, but would be hard to keep old known guilds and such.. :(

Ibonic
01-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, would be hard to make 'paused' active again ( over 0%)
It is currently at -1619%

That's its rating, the activity percentile is currently 4.2%

Chompy
01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
That's its rating, the activity percentile is currently 4.2%

hmm, my bad >_<

Ok, I agree now, with this :o

Crow
01-05-2007, 09:23 PM

Yes, that's perfect.

This would add function to VIP (ignore the Gold, in my opinion that's for different purposes).

I vote yes, after 1 month of inactivity. But the leader of the guild should be told to sort it out after say 3 weeks

<3

maximus_asinus
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
1 month of inactivity :)
I agree, one month is plenty of time.
Possibly an e-mail, or even an NPC server notification, with the warning.
I would say a 6 month time frame since many who are in college and universities often have rather long absences but do return. Or there's that nasty addiction to other online games that often keep them away for awhile.If the ENTIRE guild is away to University... well, I don't know, that just sounds so stupid. Disban the guild.
No, everyone should be effected, they are neglecting/ignoring their guild, and just burdening the guild system having inactive guilds.
I agree, and disagree. I'd love to see them stay, it serves as a reminder to old times, but at the same time I want everyone to be treated equally, and if the guilds were allowed to die out completely, they should finish the cycle and be disbanned. Maybe an immunity list, once old guilds like this are disbanned, they are not allowed to be remade?

Crono
01-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I would say that a guild leader should have another person to take over if they have to go away for an extended amount of time, if they care about the guild..

i dont think guilds should be policed like this...

Triple_Darkness
01-05-2007, 10:24 PM
i dont think guilds should be policed like this...It help's finding what guild that's active that you want to join instead of looking though ton's of unactive guild's which make's it quite harder to find what your working for and becuase more than half of those page's are filled with 0% activity...1 Month is good yes

Darlene159
01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
If the guild has %0 of activity, who could be appointed leader?Good point, then it should be removed like any other guild. What is the sense of having a guild with 0 activity?

Triple_Darkness
01-05-2007, 10:35 PM
If the guild has %0 of activity, who could be appointed leader?Maybe the person that has the most activity? if the Leader hasnt don anything about the guild in a month. The most Active person in that guild become's Guild Leader (if VIP) and if it doesnt work in a few week's it is therefore disbaned?
It has it around what 10 maybe 5 for it to stay living? and if it git's 0 again its disbaned?

Darlene159
01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Maybe the person that has the most activity? and if it doesnt work in a week it is therefore disbanededlol, the point was alread made there if there is 0 activity, then there is 0 activity. x_x

Chompy
01-05-2007, 10:38 PM
hmm, what if the guild just barely makes like 0.1% - 0.2% and it won't be disbaneded.. that sounds weird :o

WanDaMan
01-05-2007, 10:44 PM
If I were the only one still wearing my tag on & off - would my guild be removed?

Triple_Darkness
01-05-2007, 10:45 PM
If I were the only one still wearing my tag on & off - would my guild be removed?If the Activity isnt 0 and is like 0.1 then no it wouldn't :O

WanDaMan
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
If the Activity isnt 0 and is like 0.1 then no it wouldn't :O

Ok, fair enough. Is the % of activity determined by the number of people within the guild?

Ibonic
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
'Activity Percentile' (AP) is simply the percentage of Guild members that had put on the Guild Tag at least once within the past week (7 days). The value is rounded to one decimal.

Example: Your Guild has 48 members. 38 of them were online in the past 7 days and each had the Guild Tag on. Your Guild's AP would be: (38 / 48) x 100% = 79.2%

It should be extremely easy to keep a guild's activity > 0%; even one person can do it. So really this would only get rid of guilds that nobody (in the guild) seems to care about. In a way it makes me feel we should go by a higher percentage, but at least 0% is a start.

WanDaMan
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
It should be extremely easy to keep a guild's activity > 0%; even one person can do it. So really this would only get rid of guilds that nobody (in the guild) seems to care about. In a way it makes me feel we should go by a higher percentage, but at least 0% is a start.

Thanks for those figures! I'm not a huge fan of any of this; the majority of people within my guild have left graal. I believe you should take in to consideration the ammount of people in the guild before you disbanden it aswell as several other key factors before you delete it because of it being inactive.

Darlene159
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
It should be extremely easy to keep a guild's activity > 0%; even one person can do it. So really this would only get rid of guilds that nobody (in the guild) seems to care about. In a way it makes me feel we should go by a higher percentage, but at least 0% is a start.Totally agree.

Devil
01-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I really hope we don't see good guilds with an awesome history go down the drain.

Darlene159
01-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I really hope we don't see good guilds with an awesome history go down the drain.History isn't worth squat if no one is wearing their tags in the guild.
If it were removed, maybe someone could remake it...I know it wouldn't be the same, but it is better then a completely dead guild.

Infernix
01-06-2007, 12:34 AM
I voted Yes but then thought about ACT...and I wouldnt want that disbanned.

Triple_Darkness
01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I really hope we don't see good guilds with an awesome history go down the drain.Plus to what Darlene said If it was THAT great then it wouldn't be forgotten in our Heart's. DUHHHH

Devil
01-06-2007, 12:40 AM
History isn't worth squat if no one is wearing their tags in the guild.
If it were removed, maybe someone could remake it...I know it wouldn't be the same, but it is better then a completely dead guild.

I wouldn't want some newb bringing back Legend. It would totally defeat the purpose of how many people are left in it, and who was in it, for those reasons.

To the post above me, it isn't about forgotten guilds, it's about members growing up and leaving graal.

Triple_Darkness
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't want some newb bringing back Legend. It would totally defeat the purpose of how many people are left in it, and who was in it, for those reasons.

To the post above me, it isn't about forgotten guilds, it's about members growing up and leaving graal.What you're basicly saying is that "Guild's that's been with Graal for a long time and now its going to deleted and the hisory of that _____ (name here) will be lost and forgotten" and if you dont want noob's making it over well as what you have to in Life is to Deal about it

Devil
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Please don't write posts to me, unless you can put some intelligence into them.

I know exactly what is going on, I _REALLY_ could care less if every guild were deleted.

Triple_Darkness
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Please don't write posts to me, unless you can put some intelligence into them.

I know exactly what is going on, I _REALLY_ could care less if every guild were deleted.Then stop complaining about guild's that were here for like ever then?

Devil
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I wasn't complaining, I was voicing my opinion. Like I said, in future, if you want a decent response from someone.. please use some intelligence in your posts.

konidias
01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks for those figures! I'm not a huge fan of any of this; the majority of people within my guild have left graal. I believe you should take in to consideration the ammount of people in the guild before you disbanden it aswell as several other key factors before you delete it because of it being inactive.
If they leave Graal then they shouldn't be in the guild. People think of guilds like they are little tags you can wear just for fun. They are supposed to be so that people can be in groups together, like a club. You don't keep club members in your club who don't show up for months at a time.

I'm 100% for this idea. Remove inactive guilds! Anyone who is against the idea are the same people who just want to be able to use the tag for whenever they feel the desire. This is not "a group of people get together so we can get a kewl tag!", this is supposed to be so that people can group together and form their own little community within Graal.

Minoc
01-17-2007, 10:02 AM
What you're basicly saying is that "Guild's that's been with Graal for a long time and now its going to deleted and the hisory of that _____ (name here) will be lost and forgotten" and if you dont want noob's making it over well as what you have to in Life is to Deal about it
The whole point of this thread is to find a solution that'd satisfy as many players as possible.
You can't tell someone to deal with something that hasn't been decided.

Brad
04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
im fine with 0% all the guilds I am in I try to go in-game and wear my tag for a little atleast once a month

NBK and Leet are the only tags worth wearing

dude2020
04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Why did you relive this? I'm not sure but was this implanted yet? or its not going to be?

Rufus
04-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Why did you relive this? I'm not sure but was this implanted yet? or its not going to be?

It hasn't been implemented yet, no.

Spark910
04-09-2007, 12:12 AM

Well it got another YES vote (from me!).

UnknownMasterMind
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, Since it is revived, I vote Yes too. So, is this ever planning to be "Enacted"?

Sincerely,
Desear

Pimmeh
05-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I totally agree and i bumped it once more :P

sam_is_me
05-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Like you said, most guilds that have 0% have members/leaders that probably have forgotten about the guild all together. Either that, or they don't care much about their guild to be responsible to log on once a week, recruit some active guild members, and start over.

Either that, or if you knew you couldn't log off, find someone trustworthy that plays graal that might could take your position as Guild Leader.

kia345
05-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I vote no, I like some of these old guilds, and it feels good to know they're at least still listed and have a hope of being revived

syltburk
05-22-2007, 11:20 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

And No.

kia345
05-22-2007, 11:37 PM
By the way, Why was this revived?

xXziroXx
05-22-2007, 11:37 PM
By the way, Why was this revived?

It's sticked. It can't be "revived".

kia345
05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Not so much as 'revived'

Better term: 'Why was it once again brought to our attention?'

BlueFireX
05-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Just wondering but is it daily(like everyday the guild reset) for the activity. Oh and wondering can you delete all your other members and you are just left so when you put on tag its 100% :P

RaidTheSpade
05-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Guilds Should be deleted after a month of no activity. This would clear up the guild list and make it easier to look for actual decent guilds.

kia345
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Just wondering but is it daily(like everyday the guild reset) for the activity. Oh and wondering can you delete all your other members and you are just left so when you put on tag its 100% :P

There needs to be 10 people or the guild becomes suspened