PDA

View Full Version : Christmas... later on New Year

dNeonb
12-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Now that the christmas celebration days are over we should slowly start with the event.
I guess you noticed the small snowhills around the main island and some other islands later on. You should have a look on those and think about what you can do. We also opened a candyshop in Bomboria. There you can buy christmas candy.
Later on if you guys figured out what to do you get lots of items from it. There are also sometimes items like hats, two new shields or a new sword to gain from this task. The other ones are mostly for snowmen.

You can not build those right now. We want everyone to have the same chance so we start with that in a couple of days. But I would get the items together. You will get something from your snowman and we will count the snowmen. The people with the most will win something, too.

Waltz5
12-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Nice event. However, can we get some better names rather than "xmashat81" or "xmashat73?" Some other stats rather than ac +1 on the hats would be nice too. I mean the Wizard type hat doesn't even have magic +1.

dNeonb
12-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Nice event. However, can we get some better names rather than "xmashat81" or "xmashat73?" Some other stats rather than ac +1 on the hats would be nice too. I mean the Wizard type hat doesn't even have magic +1.
Yes the names of the hats will be fixed.

Draenin
12-29-2006, 08:03 PM
A friend of mine had also suggested the sword be called Whiteflame Sword. (Like the opposite of the Darkflame) It's an odd suggestion, but it would probably work out, considering that it'll probably be the only sword to get those gfx.

Googi
12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Haha, oh wow, I'm glad I don't have a Tainted Grace right now.

Draenin
12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I thought about that too. It's not like blinding is that powerful anyway. After testing it, I've found that the only thing it really affects is being able to read scrolls and so on.

Waltz5
12-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I thought about that too. It's not like blinding is that powerful anyway. After testing it, I've found that the only thing it really affects is being able to read scrolls and so on.
Contraire... when you're blinded it lowers your WC. Quite quite useful.

MasterNuke
12-29-2006, 11:28 PM
I find it annoying that with the "events" consisting of large elf mound spawns, this event is more about being in the right place at the right time rather than putting a little more effort.

hampy
12-29-2006, 11:59 PM
How do some people have multiple ammounts of ALL the items and I only have the santa stuff ;'/ like the wizzy hats etc

Draenin
12-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Contraire... when you're blinded it lowers your WC. Quite quite useful.It does not. I've tested it both on Debug and on kingdoms. See screens.

ViperZakuto
12-30-2006, 07:07 AM
It does not. I've tested it both on Debug and on kingdoms. See screens.

They must have changed it. I blessed a dianchect +1 bow. and tested it out. it lowered his wc by 1 point. this was a few months ago though.

Draenin
12-30-2006, 07:26 AM
The AC / WC thing is rumor. It was said a long time ago that it should be that way, but as of right now, it just makes it to where you screw up while trying to read or write scrolls, which is still effective for those who want to stop others from using restore scrolls in combat. :]

StormYs
12-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Blind does do something.

I tested it a few minutes ago with Mike. I dropped my AC to -36 so that Mike could hit me afterwards I blinded Mike, and then he attacked me but wasn't able to break or hardly break my - 36 AC.

So blind is a great tool when fighting.

Waltz5
12-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Blind does do something.

I tested it a few minutes ago with Mike. I dropped my AC to -36 so that Mike could hit me afterwards I blinded Mike, and then he attacked me but wasn't able to break or hardly break my - 36 AC.

So blind is a great tool when fighting.
I was going to say I know it does something... because when I had my TG I would notice the same thing, people couldn't break my AC after they were blinded.

I've done enough PKing where I've seen it's effects multiple multiple times.

ZuperZeb42
12-31-2006, 12:11 AM
So where IS this candy shop that you're all talking about? I can't find it >.<

dNeonb
12-31-2006, 03:09 AM
Fireworksshop is open again. Same location new items to craft. You need 2 piles of pyrite, a board and a cloth. For that you get 12 fireworks.

MasterNuke
12-31-2006, 03:49 AM
Edit: Forget it. I got pissed over something that won't really matter.