PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac: BloodLust System Released

Gambet
12-25-2006, 07:35 AM
First off, on behalf of the Zodiac staff, we'd like to wish a Happy Holiday season to everyone, and we hope that you all enjoy your holidays as much as we plan to.

I wanted to have both my BloodLust system and my Nation War system ready by Christmas, but with time restrictions, I've only been able to finish my BloodLust system. Seeing as how it's Christmas, I've decided to release it.

How it works:

When you kill someone, a bunch of factors are ran into a formula (sort of like how Honor works), and you gain an amount of that persons blood that is placed in a meter (when your bl points are at 0, the meter will not show). Your meter will continue to rise as you kill players, until it completely fills up. When it fills up, it automatically triggers and it will begin to deplete. As it depletes, you will be given the BloodLust buff, which is a large increase in attack speed, casting speed, and movement. The buff will also set your hp to 9999 and your mp to 999 when first activated. When the meter finishes depleting completely, the buff will go away.

Now, the catch with this is that if you die, you will lose X amount of blood off of your meter. So, if you want to fill it up, you're going to have to up your skill and get better as a fighter.

This is a gameplay system and will alter the gameplay to some respect. I've yet to test this system with any other players, so its effects are subject to change to try to make things as balanced as possible.

Hope you all enjoy it, and I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years.

Chompy
12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Hmm, is it fast depleting, or slow?
I'm guessing fast since you get 9999 hp, and 999 mp..

Btw, Sounds nice :)

Spark910
12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Hmm, is it fast depleting, or slow?
I'm guessing fast since you get 9999 hp, and 999 mp..

Btw, Sounds nice :)

Yeah it'll be fast. Sounds like PREDATOR from Farcry, good idea tho!

MisterMastermind
12-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Domination >:)

Crono
12-25-2006, 05:39 PM
will this happen if we kill monsters? if not why?

Gambet
12-25-2006, 06:49 PM
will this happen if we kill monsters? if not why?

I don't think so, though, I could probably add it. I'd need permission from Yen first (at least on the monster thing), to make sure it wouldnt be completely abusive if monsters did give you some (though if they did, it would definitely be a small amount).

Infernix
12-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Does Zodiac still have that unflattering tileset?

Gambet
12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Does Zodiac still have that unflattering tileset?

We have a new winter tileset right now.

Crono
12-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't think so, though, I could probably add it. I'd need permission from Yen first (at least on the monster thing), to make sure it wouldnt be completely abusive if monsters did give you some (though if they did, it would definitely be a small amount).

Where's the logic in giving more bloodlust for killing a player vampire vs a real vampire? I'm just being slightly realistic here. Why would one get more bloodlust for killing a puny human compared to an ogre?

Gambet
12-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Where's the logic in giving more bloodlust for killing a player vampire vs a real vampire? I'm just being slightly realistic here. Why would one get more bloodlust for killing a puny human compared to an ogre?

Yeah, I don't know what world you live in, but it's not very realistic for people to cast magic and summon creatures and so forth.

While we're at it, it's not very realistic for humans to be able to revive themselves after dying.

If a server were made 100% realistic, it would fail. Some people play games to escape the real world, not be consumed by it.

Crono
12-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know what world you live in, but it's not very realistic for people to cast magic and summon creatures and so forth.

That's not the kind of realism im talking about. I guess I should have used "logical" instead of "realistic", but my point still stands.

excaliber7388
12-25-2006, 08:22 PM
I like! Very cool idea.

Gambet
12-25-2006, 08:43 PM
That's not the kind of realism im talking about. I guess I should have used "logical" instead of "realistic", but my point still stands.

Because the management doesn't want monsters to give out blood points, and I can completely see why.

Crono
12-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Because the management doesn't want monsters to give out blood points, and I can completely see why.

Ok that's all you had to say. :|

excaliber7388
12-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I see why, but I think they should give out very little.
Have it be like the exp: the harder the enemy, the more bloodlust points.
But yeah, keep it low so some noob can't get it really high killing the weakest enemies.
I suppose this will lead to increased PKing on Zodiac ;)

Devil
12-27-2006, 11:49 AM
It kept players happy for 5.7 minutes.

Brandon
12-28-2006, 01:37 AM

Why not have two separate meters? One for players, and one for monsters, and when the limit is reached for each meter, the resulting effect only works on players or monsters, respectively? It's not totally necessary but it's an idea that would appease those who are having problems with monsters not being included.

Lord Sephiroth
12-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm gonna pretend like this is a unique, original idea and that it's not just completely stolen from the Devil May Cry games.

Gambet
12-28-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm gonna pretend like this is a unique, original idea and that it's not just completely stolen from the Devil May Cry games.

It's unique on Graal. I don't know how it works on Devil May Cry and don't really care.

Zideruic
12-28-2006, 08:33 AM

It's been used in thousands of games thousands of times, Devil May Cry stole it from something, and whatever it was stolen from probably stole it from a different game, or it was a complete whisp of a thought that someone randomly added into a game/games over the years.

fowlplay4
12-29-2006, 01:44 AM
It kept players happy for 5.7 minutes.

lol gg

Devil
12-29-2006, 10:57 AM
lol gg

YCRY4.

You know it.

Crono
12-29-2006, 03:34 PM
YCRY4.