PDA

View Full Version : Look, a little something about "teaming".

someonesomewhere
12-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Almost constantly these days I see people complaining about getting teamed on Iricia or on Guild Wars. Look, guys, for one thing, it's just a game, and for another, you join Team Sweep Fleet or Storm Riders. It's your own fault for running off by yourself and fighting a billion people alone, not the fault of the people who attacked you.

I know this won't change much, and will largely be ignored, but use some common sense, for once.

Googi
12-20-2006, 05:32 AM
There used to be this guy who would always try to base-camp and then complain about getting teamed.

jkool666
12-20-2006, 05:57 AM
There used to be this guy who would always try to base-camp and then complain about getting teamed.
Thats basically every player minus about 10... Nothing wrong with camping though.

Googi
12-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Thats basically every player minus about 10... Nothing wrong with camping though.

He complained about it while he was at the base.

anubis_wing
12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I thought the first thing that was going to be on the first post was:
DON'T DO IT.
There follow my words of wisdom and everything will be alright.
Something along those lines.

Crono
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
i agree with cor, this isn't some kind of solo TONY MONTANA LOL game where you can kill an entire team alone

someonesomewhere
12-20-2006, 08:18 PM
i agree with cor, this isn't some kind of solo TONY MONTANA LOL game where you can kill an entire team alone

And most of the time, the egos of some of our... less mature players tend to make us think otherwise.

I thought the first thing that was going to be on the first post was:
DON'T DO IT.
There follow my words of wisdom and everything will be alright.
Something along those lines.

Then you don't know me that well :p

SayianOozaru
12-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh, yes it is. ;)

And most of the time, the egos of some of our... less mature players tend to make us think otherwise.
I've killed a whole team a couple of times before. Even while I've had dialup, I've been able to do it. :o

Teaming just gets annouying, to me anyways because, its hard as hell to try to dodge 7 people's bullets all commin for ya. Sometimes you get lucky though and win ;) (like once every 15 trys...with dialup -_- used to be able to do it all the time...me n ol' ixi takin out blue base...D: )

someonesomewhere
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
blargh

The point I'm trying to make here is that if you're teamed, don't complain about it (unless you're on deathmatch, then you have every right to :p). I'm supposing the point of the planets with teams on them is for people to work together to win, but hey, I could be wrong.

And I can take out a lot of people by myself as well... and note this part right here:

me n ol' ixi takin out blue base...D:
That, like it or not, is teaming, even if you're outnumbered. :)

MisterMastermind
12-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Orly?

Crono
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Orly?

LOL

Oh, yes it is.

Uh, you can't take on an entire team of people by yourself.

SayianOozaru
12-21-2006, 10:20 PM
LOL

Uh, you can't take on an entire team of people by yourself.

I'll take a screen shot next time. ;)

Crow
12-21-2006, 10:23 PM

Rofl....

Crono
12-21-2006, 10:36 PM

screenshots dont mean ****, record an entire round of arctic with only you against a team of like 10-12 people (average number i suppose)

UnknownMasterMind
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
This is way off topic, but what recoding device will let you record for untlimted length? The only Non-Laggy Game Recodring Device a found was Fraps. And it is limited. :(

Sincerely,
Sparta (Dark)

Crono
12-21-2006, 11:18 PM
you need to aim me about this, i dont break rules

theHAWKER
12-22-2006, 01:39 AM
of corce its teaming because YOU ON A TEAM!

Cid_Highwind18
12-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Teamer/Lamer/Noob

Its just a other day one zone. You would think about playing this game so long you would know that xD.

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/6287/tfinalfantasy7ac221hr.gif

bahamutstevetff
12-22-2006, 01:57 PM
half of the people complaining about people complaining are people who complain!!!! and i can take on a full team on my own when im in the mood!

Crono
12-22-2006, 03:02 PM
half of the people complaining about people complaining are people who complain!!!! and i can take on a full team on my own when im in the mood!

You can't take on 4+ people shooting at you at once. Unless they seriously suck.

MisterMastermind
12-22-2006, 05:03 PM
screenshots dont mean ****, record an entire round of arctic with only you against a team of like 10-12 people (average number i suppose)

Nobody can on arctic anyway, but it's easy in deathmatch and gwars.

Crono
12-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Nobody can on arctic anyway, but it's easy in deathmatch and gwars.

Deathmatch technically has no teams and even on gwars you can't take on 6 people at once. I'm assuming the opponent is OK and playing together since we're talking about "teaming".

MisterMastermind
12-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Deathmatch technically has no teams and even on gwars you can't take on 6 people at once. I'm assuming the opponent is OK and playing together since we're talking about "teaming".
X_X Deathmatch they can hurt each other, but still only attack me. And I just took on 5 trials and 2 P2P's on gwars with nobody on my team. X_X Of course two of the trials and a P2P used mechs so I proxied them, but I got the rest easily.

jkool666
12-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Wow, this thread has gone to people being cokcy, and Crono telling them they can't beat so and so (which I agree with)... Let me get 10 players to team IXI, Typhoon, and Sayian each individually. You cannot beat them, stop being cokcy.

Huwajux
12-23-2006, 01:25 PM
lol hush, i can take 100 teamers and stil own them

pooper200000
12-23-2006, 02:34 PM
lol hush, i can take 100 teamers and stil own them

do I need to mech you again on gwars?

MisterMastermind
12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow, this thread has gone to people being cokcy, and Crono telling them they can't beat so and so (which I agree with)... Let me get 10 players to team IXI, Typhoon, and Sayian each individually. You cannot beat them, stop being cokcy. I'd love to see this event on guild wars. Typhoon vs. 10 others

someonesomewhere
12-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd love to see this event on guild wars. Typhoon vs. 10 others

And if you use proxis, you're automatically kicked. Fun event. :)

MisterMastermind
12-24-2006, 05:42 AM
And if you use proxis, you're automatically kicked. Fun event. :)

Same would have to go for mech then as well.

SayianOozaru
12-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Went to Iracia (Round had just started), Ran up to B1, and ended up taking out 8-11 kids. Left the guy that woulda been 12, since he didnt help team with the others...heres his reaction to the whole thing.

Crono, if i can do it, jar and steve can do it. Don't tell us what we can and cannot do.

Of course, with the teamers I did use 3 christmas cookies. :p

But that was never against any rules. :D

And, I'd also like to say, anyone with any sence can beat teamers. Since usually they all just attack from one direction...its pretty easy x_x

...bahhh I'll show you pick tomarrow or something. When I try to upload the pic, the screen just turns white...and then after 5 mins I exit out the thing...I'll try to get it up next time i log in, if my comps not being ***

Cid_Highwind18
12-24-2006, 07:07 AM
It goin to be hard to try to take out like 10 people at once now beacuse that New Shotgun Range is crazy and at close range it does 80+ dam, alot of people are upgradin now.

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/6287/tfinalfantasy7ac221hr.gif

Huwajux
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
any sence
Er, yeah. Now I really don't beleive you.

jkool666
12-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I really didn't wanna own the three of you so I had really wished that no one quoted me...

Sayian, Jesse, IXI vs Typhoon
IXI, Typhoon, Jesse vs Sayian
Sayian, Typhoon, Jesse vs IXI

If each one of you can own 12 teamers, then you should be able to own anyone 1vs1, but, if Sayian/IXI can own anyone, how do you expect to win. Meaning if they win, it proves you wrong, but if you win, it proves both of them wrong. See my logic?

bahamutstevetff
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
jesse is right, no matter how good a 1-1 sparrer someone is, if me typhoon and jesse teamed em they wouldnt win, maybe they could take on like 5 gravi noobs, or beat some1 with proxies. but in a big team match. each player cnnot beat teamers. i know u occasionly bring down like 6 players in quick sucesion, but thats luck aswell.

Crono
12-24-2006, 06:06 PM

You can't dodge 10 chainguns being fired at you at once. I'll bet my Zone player's bald head.

pooper200000
12-24-2006, 07:08 PM
You can't dodge 10 chainguns being fired at you at once. I'll bet my Zone player's bald head.

he couldn't dodge you me and huwa at the same time with chainguns

MisterMastermind
12-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I'll bet my hair for a week. And I guess we'll have to wait a month or so to test that. -.-"

bahamutstevetff
12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I'll bet my hair for a week. And I guess we'll have to wait a month or so to test that. -.-"

i doubt u could take on that many teamers when u wont even be able to take me.

MisterMastermind
12-25-2006, 04:05 PM
i doubt u could take on that many teamers when u wont even be able to take me.

I'm laughing that you call me out the ONE time I'm banned. I'll be sure to kick your ass in a month.

someonesomewhere
12-25-2006, 06:07 PM
I honestly did not expect anything more of this thread than to become the ego trip it has been made. I'm requesting it closed immediately.

jkool666
12-25-2006, 06:22 PM
I honestly did not expect anything more of this thread than to become the ego trip it has been made. I'm requesting it closed immediately.
Lmao, agreed.